HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gauthier

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2006, 01:59 PM
Qubax

vCash: 500
Gauthier

As a Flames season ticker holder I am not trying to start a Flame war here, pun not intended...

BUT it is my opinion that you will come to Loathe Denis Gauthier....

So just saying it now...I'll come back to this one day when you dislike him since right now you obviously see him as a nice addition...yes he can Hit, but he can't handle the puck, play defense or make a pass..he shouldn't be in the NHL...

and I really think that you all probably disagree, but I'm telling you'll see in time that he should in no way be in your Top 4 and will eventually find his way out of the Top 6..I think by next trade deadline he won't even be a Flyer...

I hope some how I am wrong because I have always liked Denis, but I really think he's just a hideous defensemen...

Old
03-10-2006, 02:27 PM
Gags1288

Well then I guess it's a good thing that he really isn't in our top 4, in fact he's probably our #6 when healthy behind Pitkanen, Hatcher, Desjardins, Rathje, and Johnsson.

Old
03-10-2006, 02:33 PM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qubax
As a Flames season ticker holder I am not trying to start a Flame war here, pun not intended...

BUT it is my opinion that you will come to Loathe Denis Gauthier....

So just saying it now...I'll come back to this one day when you dislike him since right now you obviously see him as a nice addition...yes he can Hit, but he can't handle the puck, play defense or make a pass..he shouldn't be in the NHL...

and I really think that you all probably disagree, but I'm telling you'll see in time that he should in no way be in your Top 4 and will eventually find his way out of the Top 6..I think by next trade deadline he won't even be a Flyer...

I hope some how I am wrong because I have always liked Denis, but I really think he's just a hideous defensemen...
right...

the Flames are a much better team without him

why do you like him if you think he's so hideous? We can waive Therien for you if you want a hideous player to like.

Old
03-10-2006, 02:46 PM
Qubax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer
right...

the Flames are a much better team without him

Well the Flames have a great Defense, Kipper has 8 shutouts next closest is 5, ain't all the tender we have a great D. As for being better without him, I said that you wouldn't agree...I am not here to convince you, so much as give you a warning that I doubt you'll heed. I actually think that if Gauthier was healthy for the whole series against the Nucks that we wouldn't have beaten the Canucks, but he got hurt and that got him off the ice and we went to the Cup Finals....

You know the Flyers, I know the Flames....call it being a Homer...I call it "you know your players or former players better then other people probably do in the league?

as for him being only in the Top 6 well that sounds pretty realistic, I just saw a thread on the Dmen and Gauthier was listed more often then not as a Top 4 pairing guy...and he isn't that...and you'll find that out in a hurry, or maybe if he makes a few huge hits it'll take some time to really see his flaws, but as I say IMO he's a hideous defencemen

why do you like him if you think he's so hideous? We can waive Therien for you if you want a hideous player to like.
Well I like my niece, but she can't walk real well...I LIKE Gauthier as a person...I just think he's a terribly overated hockey player that's all

Old
03-10-2006, 04:13 PM
Large_Farva*

Send a message via MSN to Large_Farva*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gags1288
Well then I guess it's a good thing that he really isn't in our top 4, in fact he's probably our #6 when healthy behind Pitkanen, Hatcher, Desjardins, Rathje, and Johnsson.
2 second rounders for a 6th dman?

Should Flyers fans hate Gauthier anyways? Don't you guys consider Kasparaitis a scum bag because he throws "dirty" hits and doesn't fight? Ask Fedoruk about Gauthier.

Old
03-10-2006, 05:38 PM
TheKingPin

Who cares. Let him energize the team and he will have to handle the puck to play under Hitch

Old
03-10-2006, 07:41 PM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoochiNorris
Ask Fedoruk about Gauthier.
Fedoruk isn't on the Flyers.

Gauthier is better than Chris Therien. That's good enough for me.

Old
03-10-2006, 07:49 PM
goodrev

kasparitis is one of those players you hate when he is on the other team, but love if he is on your team, just like tie domi, and tyson nash same with gauthier. As for his "loathesomeness" i have not seen any reason to dislike him, he doesnt seem to have much a offensive upside but we have dejardins, pitkanen, and KJ for offense, we just need 3 defensive guys who are going to be there when the offensive guys are playing offense.

P.S. i think freddy meyer has been better than KJ all around this season, especially on the PP so as of right now i look at KJ as an expendable asset

Old
03-10-2006, 08:23 PM
Winston Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
Gauthier is better than Chris Therien. That's good enough for me.
You got low standards, doc.

Closed Thread