Zamuner is injured, but soon to come back. He is a little pricey,
but he is a solid two way forward.
Hilbert and Huml are top prospects.
Grosek is what he is.

Could this be done or am I dreaming.
I would never trade quantity for quality, and this is what
the B's would try to be doing, but these players are junk
either.
I see Zaums, Hilbert being traded...With the playing of Zinovjev, Zaums is pushed to the 4th line and O'Connell probably doesn't want to pay 2 million to a 4th liner. Not to put Zaums down our anything..He is still a good 3rd liner. And Hilbert, is still a great prospect who can be at best at below average 2nd/decent 3rd Liner. However there is no room for him in beantown. I really think Huml will come around and be a good 2nd Liner while ya Grosek is what he is. i like Gill cause every team needs a Zdeno Chara type player.i would consider trading him in a yr or two when Jurcina earns a starting spot.

Proposal
Zaumner, Hilbert, Moran (this is a bit more than 3 million in salary)
for
Upgrade of Moran,good draft pick (2nd-3rd Rounder)

opinions?

Old
10-26-2003, 11:08 AM
TMac21
Retooled for 2014

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TMac21 Send a message via Yahoo to TMac21
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBRUINS19
I see Zaums, Hilbert being traded...With the playing of Zinovjev, Zaums is pushed to the 4th line and O'Connell probably doesn't want to pay 2 million to a 4th liner. Not to put Zaums down our anything..He is still a good 3rd liner. And Hilbert, is still a great prospect who can be at best at below average 2nd/decent 3rd Liner. However there is no room for him in beantown. I really think Huml will come around and be a good 2nd Liner while ya Grosek is what he is. i like Gill cause every team needs a Zdeno Chara type player.i would consider trading him in a yr or two when Jurcina earns a starting spot.

Proposal
Zaumner, Hilbert, Moran (this is a bit more than 3 million in salary)
for
Upgrade of Moran,good draft pick (2nd-3rd Rounder)

opinions?
I don't know, it is only 9 games into the season, and while we are playing good, injuries can bite us at any time and Zaumuner is a quality depth guy to have on the team, regardless of salary and what line he plays on (hello Marty Lapointe).

Old
10-26-2003, 11:36 AM
Bruzin

I think that a package of Hilbet/Huml and Gill would interest any team looking to add some depth. Why not trade those guys for a reasonable high draft pick (2nd rounder?) With the way this team has been drafting, I think that I'd let the scouting draft steal another player.

Zamuner has very little trade value. I'd rather see him providing us depth than another team. Zamuner is very underrated. The only problem is that.

Some may not have the optimism I have, but I keep hearing about how great Lars has been playing this year. I think he could fill the role of the offensive defenceman we're looking for. I'm expecting him to steal a spot in camp. Morrisonn will spend another year in Providence.

Old
10-26-2003, 11:37 AM
BlacknGold Barbarino

Do not trade Gill. I repeat, do not trade Gill. The guy is a solid defensive d-man. Sure, he gets burned by the smaller, faster forwards now and again, but name me a big defenseman that doesn't? Our defense is starting to look good...I hope they don't dismantle it for pie-in-the-sky, high-risk trades.

Old
10-26-2003, 05:07 PM
hardbody77

i say we keep em,,, the closer the trade deadline looms, the more value they have...

Old
10-27-2003, 03:30 AM
sagginb

If you was to trade a couple of guys on the roster...who could fetch 1 or 2 other good players who would the B's be OK to loose?

You have to think guys like Axe, Samsonov, Gill and Boynton would interest anyone and at the same time the B's "could" maybe live without depending on who comes back.

Yes I would rather trade short timers like O'Donnell, Moran and Zamuner before but really they are not going to fetch much unless it's close to trade deadline time.

I was thinking maybe Murray as well...
I also think if we don't shake things up then all will be good as well...

It's just for fun but when we talk trades we like to toss names like Zamuner, Lapointe, Hilbert and Huml but these guys have baggage and probably wouldn't fetch much anyway

I was just wonderin' if we have the player(s) on the roster to move to bring a good player or 2 back....and not hurt us at the same time as much?

Closed Thread