HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers get Niko Dmitrakos from SJ for a 3rd

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2006, 02:34 PM
Kevin Danko
Web Design

vCash: 500
Flyers get Niko Dmitrakos from SJ for a 3rd

wow.

Old
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Flyers get Niko Dimitrakos from SJ

Per TSN

Old
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Dimitrakos to Philadelphia

http://blogs.foxsports.com/Spector/2...o_Philadelphia

Old
03-09-2006, 02:47 PM
tytech

Dimitrakos scouting report

Assets: Has excellent hockey sense and deft passing skills. Is capable of playing the point on the power play, and doesn't need a ton of ice time to produce points.

Flaws: Lacks size and strength. Must continue to work on his play without the puck. Still takes too many shifts off, which doesn't place him in coaches' good books.

Career: potential Third line winger.

Old
03-09-2006, 03:44 PM
goodrev

not sure i get this move, i thought we were full of guys who cant put the puck in the net... guess i was wrong

Old
03-09-2006, 03:51 PM
sansan

he adds speed and he's really good on the PK. Upgrade over Stevenson.

Old
03-09-2006, 04:33 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

I'm disappointed. We needed more scoring, not more role-players.

Old
03-09-2006, 04:39 PM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Quote:
Originally Posted by trippyime
I'm disappointed. We needed more scoring, not more role-players.
The kid was the leading rookie goal scorer in the 03-04 playoffs with SJ and they went to the Conference Finals like we did. He plays with a guy like Richards or Carter, he could really help us out. Plus, we need all the help we can get on the penalty kill.

Old
03-09-2006, 04:41 PM
KasparKrunch

he is a good player...i saw him play at Avon Old Farms (Prep school in CT) he was amazing...he will do real well.

Old
03-09-2006, 05:14 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryforHockey25
The kid was the leading rookie goal scorer in the 03-04 playoffs with SJ and they went to the Conference Finals like we did. He plays with a guy like Richards or Carter, he could really help us out. Plus, we need all the help we can get on the penalty kill.
One goal in those playoffs. One. I understand he was a rookie, but that doesn't excite me. Look at his career numbers. He's never been an offensive guy. I'm not saying I won't be happy with him specifically, it's just disappointing that we didn't get an offensive player.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php3?pid=46777

Old
03-09-2006, 05:20 PM
Coburnfan05

I don't know why everyone here and at the O&B are trying to make this sound like a good pick up. Sure we did not give much up and he has potential, but how is this move going to help our severe need for secondary scoring.

I am surprised and disapointed that Clarke didn't make an attempt to add scoring to this team.

Not a bad move, but definetly not what we needed to improve this club.

Old
03-09-2006, 05:21 PM
Nikkowar

Send a message via AIM to Nikkowar Send a message via MSN to Nikkowar
yay,we have a malaka on board!

Old
03-09-2006, 05:21 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagsIsDaMan
I don't know why everyone here and at the O&B are trying to make this sound like a good pick up. Sure we did not give much up and he has potential, but how is this move going to help our severe need for secondary scoring.

I am surprised and disapointed that Clarke didn't make an attempt to add scoring to this team.

Not a bad move, but definetly not what we needed to improve this club.
Exactly my point.

Old
03-09-2006, 05:32 PM
BloodOnTheIce

a day a ago everyone was shouting that clarke shouldn't trade his young talent away. well he didn't. but you guys are still *****ing.

can you pick a side and stick with it?

Old
03-09-2006, 05:53 PM
A Flock Of Seguins

everyone's annoyed we didn't trump Marty Reasoner with, I dunno, a stick of gum or something, and bring Sergei Samsonov here.

MOC is a genius.

Old
03-09-2006, 05:55 PM
King Fish

At first glance I figured it was a move for the Phantoms, then I see we gave up a 3rd round pick!? A third rounder for a soon to be 27 yr old with 4 goals? It would please me if it were a 5th round pick.

Old
03-09-2006, 05:58 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodOnTheIce
a day a ago everyone was shouting that clarke shouldn't trade his young talent away. well he didn't. but you guys are still *****ing.

Look at the deals that were made. It's quite clear there were offensive players like Samsonov, Arnason or even Friesen who were available for a lot less than our top young talent. I'm happy Clarke didn't throw away Richards to get Doan or something, but he could've tried to get someone with offensive skills.

Old
03-09-2006, 06:00 PM
BloodOnTheIce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Zebra
everyone's annoyed we didn't trump Marty Reasoner with, I dunno, a stick of gum or something, and bring Sergei Samsonov here.

MOC is a genius.
looking at what trades cost and comparing them to our team is retarded

cost differs from team to team, with plenty of variables

its not a big pot of offers where one can just "trump" someone else

pretty much common sense

Old
03-09-2006, 06:04 PM
King Fish

Quote:

I think we're all glad he did not trade any young tallent, but what does that have to do with this particular trade? I don't think Dimitrokos should get you a 3rd round pick. A 3rd round pick is not worth a 27 yr old 4th line player.

Old
03-09-2006, 06:05 PM
BloodOnTheIce

Quote:
Look at the deals that were made. It's quite clear there were offensive players like Samsonov, Arnason or even Friesen who were available for a lot less than our top young talent. I'm happy Clarke didn't throw away Richards to get Doan or something, but he could've tried to get someone with offensive skills.
sure there were offensive players available, but how do you know they were available to us?
how do you know what those players would have cost us?

Old
03-09-2006, 06:11 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
sure there were offensive players available, but how do you know they were available to us?
how do you know what those players would have cost us?
I know because they were traded for players or picks of far less value than Carter, Richards or Umberger. Our farm system and stockpile of picks is better than the teams who landed the players I just mentioned, I'm sure something could've been worked out. Maybe it was, and BC refused. It's just frustrating because this team has problems scoring goals. We had cap room, something would've been better than nothing. I'm absolutely thrilled Clarke didn't panic and trade the kids, but there had to have been something better than just Dimitrakos. Maybe a lot of this can be blamed on the earlier deadline date, who knows.

Old
03-09-2006, 06:15 PM
goodrev

i am happy as a pig in **** right now, carolina won on recchi, but payed for him... likewise for anyone else who got a big player

Old
03-09-2006, 06:21 PM
BloodOnTheIce

Quote:
I know because they were traded for players or picks of far less value than Carter, Richards or Umberger. Our farm system and stockpile of picks is better than the teams who landed the players I just mentioned, I'm sure something could've been worked out. Maybe it was, and BC refused. It's just frustrating because this team has problems scoring goals. We had cap room, something would've been better than nothing. I'm absolutely thrilled Clarke didn't panic and trade the kids, but there had to have been something better than just Dimitrakos. Maybe a lot of this can be blamed on the earlier deadline date, who knows.
you cant look at what it cost another team, you can only look at what it would cost us. that you don't know.

Old
03-09-2006, 06:22 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
It's just frustrating because this team has problems scoring goals.
This team could add Jari Kurri and Alex Mogilny and it wouldn't add up to a hill of beans come playoff time if Don Brashear, Jeff Carter, Brian Savage, and Turner Stevenson were taking regular shifts and if the penalty kill remained one of the worst in the league. Goals Against wins come Spring.

These are depth moves that cost the team little to nothing. IF Johnsson returns and Handzus heals himself, this team is deep enough to make a run. I think they are not good enough to defeat Carolina or Ottawa in a seven game set, but they could, which is more than could have been said twelve hours ago.

At the very least the Flyers just inched up enough to be a first round favorite and as I meantioned a few days back, that's another $3 million or so in gates and that's oftentimes the bottom line.

They didn't become the Red Wings today but they didn't sacrifice their nucleus for next year and the year after that and I think they could not have obtained the kind of players needed to be Top Tier without parting with Richards or Carter.

What has happened is good enough for me.

Old
03-09-2006, 06:25 PM
HipCzech
Just win the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansan
he adds speed and he's really good on the PK. Upgrade over Stevenson.
huh?

Dimitrakos has never been a really good penalty killer. Shark's coach Ron Wilson recently put him on the PK to try to help develop his defensive awareness and it resulted in mixed results.

And he's not very fast.

Good luck to Niko in Philly, we are glad to be rid of him.

Closed Thread