HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preds\Sharks GDT

Closed Thread

Old
03-11-2006, 06:53 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olaf
Look like he tripped on his own players stick.
Ahh well, we got a point...despite the lopsided penalties.

Does it seem like Sillinger and Johnson are playing with broomsticks? I swear neither one can posses the puck for more than a second before they loose control.
I agree, I think Angus blew that one.....but he blew 3-4 calls on us in the game in the first place. I thought we played well for the first two periods, but it just seemed the penalties were being dished out to us like crazy....and were wearing us down and killing anything we had in the tank.

03-11-2006, 07:37 PM
handtrick

If I am a Pred player......and we are getting outshot 3:1 instead of the usual 2:1 margin and I see my All-Star, MVP goalie go out and throw a body check on a 36 goal player in the faceoff circle who is getting the puck for a 1 on 1 breakaway attempt to break up the play......... ......I think I would be getting the message that I better be getting my assssss in gear a little bit here......

Old
03-11-2006, 08:09 PM
Predonater

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick
If I am a Pred player......and we are getting outshot 3:1 instead of the usual 2:1 margin and I see my All-Star, MVP goalie go out and throw a body check on a 36 goal player in the faceoff circle who is getting the puck for a 1 on 1 breakaway attempt to break up the play......... ......I think I would be getting the message that I better be getting my assssss in gear a little bit here......

End of discussion. That is an awesome post and exactly what I was thinking when I saw it happen.

Old
03-11-2006, 08:58 PM
handtrick

Well....all in all glad to get a point out of that one.....nice to see we are getting back to our being outshot 42-19 ways again....

Witt with the nice 1st impressions to his teamates tonight......you need grit....I'll bring some grit....I wish it would have been Hordy climbing over the wall delivering headshots back to Psycho Parker.....losing his 3:00 TOI would have been alot more palatable......

Did you see the 5'8" 173 lb Nichol ragdoll the 6'2" 220 lb Michalek at the end of that scrum....LMFAO...

That had to be the worst officiated game I have seen in a while......The first boarding call on Hall was weak......That holding call on Suter on the breakaway was the absolute sh|tiest call I have seen in a while.. that was a great defensive play......on the tripping call on Legwand in OT, as hard as I looked for it on replay, I couldn't see his stick trip him....and not even mentioning the TOTAL loss of control of the game......Bang Anus, I mean Blaine Angus, must have had a hard on for us tonight, or something......

I thought Timonen had a weak game back...I wonder if his hand was still bothering him tonight, may have been our weakest defenseman tonight.

Gotta hand it to Kariya for stepping big time at the end of regulation....that was one pretty backhand in the scrum in front of the net.

Our lack of ability to clear the puck was there for all to see tonight.....man that was frustrating....I found myself wishing that Klein and Zanon were out there instead of Hammer and Timonen.

Vokoun...YOU DA MAN... ......I was never more proud as a Predator fan as when you freight trained Cheechoo at the face off dot.....
Note to the rest of the Pred players.....are you gonna let your goalie hit harder than you do?

After the game I watched the Predator Snapshot and during the Barry Trotz interview by the silicone babe at the end of the show....Barry was talking about this year's team taking on the "characteristics of three of the players......Kariya, Sully, and Vokoun."
When I thought about it for a little while...I can see what he means in a way:
Vokoun.....the never say die, never give up, come from behind, find a way to win Preds
Sully....the fast skating, I don't care how small I am, I am gonna make you look foolish, counterattack Preds
Kariya....the pretty passing, skill to burn, but never take a shift off Preds

Maybe Witt, with his underling Shea Weber, will help infuse a little of the gritty, lunch bucket, in your face Preds that we all came to love and adore.

Just remember, 6 of 8 points on this Western Road swing.....one week ago...any one of us would have taken those points in a freaking heartbeat....GREAT JOB BOYS!!!

Old
03-11-2006, 09:18 PM
handtrick

Some early quotes...from NHL.com:

But this one had a dark side: The teams combined for 116 minutes in penalties. Nashville's Scott Nichol and Witt and San Jose's Milan Michalek and Parker got game misconducts after a series of fights, including Nichol's one-sided pounding of Michalek, a 21-year-old Czech rookie who's "never had a fight in his life," according to Wilson.

That's what led to Parker's attempts to fight Witt in the second period - and Witt's refusal further angered Parker.

"Parker came over the glass, and your first reaction is one of disbelief," Nashville coach Barry Trotz said. "Witt turns around, and his first reaction is to swing back. I don't like that trade-off. ... Parker is a marginal player for San Jose, and Witt is really starting to do some good things for us."

"It was an interesting debut," Witt said. "It would have been nice to stay with the guys."

"A player like (Parker) shouldn't be in the NHL anyway," said Vokoun, who made 39 saves. "The penalty cost us more than them. We got an impact player thrown out. They lost a marginal player."

http://www.nhl.com/scores/recaps/942_2_recap.html

Old
03-11-2006, 09:18 PM
vopatsrash

Quote:
Just remember, 6 of 8 points on this Western Road swing.....one week ago...any one of us would have taken those points in a freaking heartbeat....GREAT JOB BOYS!!!
Yeah, I'm ecstatic over 6 point in 8. Anytime you take 6 of 8 on a western canada/san jose trip, it's a very good thing.

We have had about 8 of these "19-42 SOG, too many penalties" games in the past 12 games. Miraculously, we are 6-4-2 in those games. I don't think we can count on 6-4-2 if we do it again in the next 12. This season is what it is at this point. I don't think we'll see a magic wand waved that will fix the issues the team has. They just have to fight through them.

Just keep getting the points by any means necessary, don't end up with Detroit, Dallas, or Edmonton in the first round and let's see what happens.

Old
03-11-2006, 09:47 PM
muddycreek*

VOOOOKOOOON slams *ickchew. The little twit got just whet he needed. Looking forward to a good chippy game in Nashville. Guess they'll require a little whipping! Darcy will put Parker in his place! Big boy Parker will not have the %%$$# glass to hide behind!

Old
03-11-2006, 09:53 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddycreek
VOOOOKOOOON slams *ickchew. The little twit got just whet he needed. Looking forward to a good chippy game in Nashville. Guess they'll require a little whipping! Darcy will put Parker in his place! Big boy Parker will not have the %%$$# glass to hide behind!
that was our final game with those pukes this year, because they sure as **** aren't making the playoffs

Old
03-11-2006, 09:56 PM
Predonater

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddycreek
<-----See avatar....

Old
03-11-2006, 10:08 PM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
Quote:
Some early quotes...from NHL.com:

But this one had a dark side: The teams combined for 116 minutes in penalties. Nashville's Scott Nichol and Witt and San Jose's Milan Michalek and Parker got game misconducts after a series of fights, including Nichol's one-sided pounding of Michalek, a 21-year-old Czech rookie who's "never had a fight in his life," according to Wilson.

That's what led to Parker's attempts to fight Witt in the second period - and Witt's refusal further angered Parker.

"Parker came over the glass, and your first reaction is one of disbelief," Nashville coach Barry Trotz said. "Witt turns around, and his first reaction is to swing back. I don't like that trade-off. ... Parker is a marginal player for San Jose, and Witt is really starting to do some good things for us."

"It was an interesting debut," Witt said. "It would have been nice to stay with the guys."

"A player like (Parker) shouldn't be in the NHL anyway," said Vokoun, who made 39 saves. "The penalty cost us more than them. We got an impact player thrown out. They lost a marginal player."

http://www.nhl.com/scores/recaps/942_2_recap.html

I'll be the first to say that those quotes from Vokoun and Trotz are very disrespectful. Parker is no different then Hordichuk. I'm glad Parker did what he did. so many games this year have been like figure skating. It was nice to see genuine dislike and intensity back in a hockey game.

Old
03-11-2006, 10:17 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly
I'll be the first to say that those quotes from Vokoun and Trotz are very disrespectful. Parker is no different then Hordichuk. I'm glad Parker did what he did. so many games this year have been like figure skating. It was nice to see genuine dislike and intensity back in a hockey game.
Actually, if you have watched Parker for any reasonable amount of time, you will notice that there is a huge difference between him and Hordichuk....

I like to see the passion too, but to be honest, Parker is out there for one reason - to hurt people. He can't skate, shoot, or really do much of anything except beat the crap out of people. I still can't believe the Avalanche blew a first round pick on him.

Last edited by Enoch: 03-12-2006 at 01:54 AM.
Old
03-11-2006, 10:22 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly
We lost WITT they lost Parker, what does Hordi have to do with anything?????????

Old
03-11-2006, 10:58 PM
Grizzly Adams

Quote:
Did you see the 5'8" 173 lb Nichol ragdoll the 6'2" 220 lb Michalek
To his defense, Michalek didn't even get his gloves off. He was probably thinking McLaren would have responded to getting punched in the face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
Actually, if you have watched Parker for any reasonable amount of time, you will notice that there is a huge difference between him and Hordichuk....
To Parker's defense, your right his main purpose out there on the ice is to fight people. I'm not trying to be a troll, but Hordichuk isn't in the lineup for his dynamic playmaking abilities. Call an apple an apple, Hordichuk and Parker are the same type of player.

Anyways, expect a suspension for Parker.

Old
03-11-2006, 11:06 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacelobster
To his defense, Michalek didn't even get his gloves off. He was probably thinking McLaren would have responded to getting punched in the face.

To Parker's defense, your right his main purpose out there on the ice is to fight people. I'm not trying to be a troll, but Hordichuk isn't in the lineup for his dynamic playmaking abilities. Call an apple an apple, Hordichuk and Parker are the same type of player.

Anyways, expect a suspension for Parker.
I'm not going to debate with you about whether or not Michalek was pushing Nichol around....it appeared that everyone was pushing and shoving, but I do not have a tape so I won't debate with you.

However

Hordichuk, while being an enforcer, has actually played a role very similar to a Dan Hinote type player. He fights, yes, but he can skate extremely well and is able to use that speed to grind/agitate effectively. Offensively, he has actually played a very smart game. What I am getting at is simple - Hordichuk does something Parker cannot do....skate and bang without being forced to fight to rev up his team. They may be very similar in their ability and willingness to fight, but Hordichuk actually has other talents besides fighting. No offense to Parker

Old
03-12-2006, 12:32 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I'm inclined to be disappointed in being outshot so greatly\hemmed in our end much of the night....but it's hard to fault the guys when they stole a point with 10 seconds left to get 75 percent of the available points on the western Canada swing against some tough teams...and a lot of the reason we got outshot so badly was that we were ALWAYS on the penalty kill...and while I'm not one to call many penalties "weak," SEVERAL of those calls were bad tonight...and conveniently they seemed to go against us much of the time. Obviously the Legwand penalty was brutal, and ended up being the one that stung us the most...but again, some good things, PP not withstanding(I see Sully is once again back at the point)

Zidlicky with a strong game, absolutley made that tying goal happen...Kariya obviously was huge...and what a backhand.

Greg Johnson was back to being...his usual Greg Johnson self.

Smithson saw his icetime greatly reduced after that delay of game call...ripped off the line with Sullivan and Legwand altogether. Get the feeling Trotz wasn't happy with that one?

Timonen stunk in all situations. Would rather have had Zanon or Klein in there, honestly.

Witt makes a great first impression, throwing the body, fighting, and being an all-around thorn in the side. Would have liked to have had him around a bit longer, but oh well. I think he's going to be a warrior for us down the stretch.

Defense on the whole played a little soft after Witt went out. Weber seemed a little nervous after that penalty was called on him against Scott Thornton in front of Vokoun.

Tootoo didn't play quite so well tonight after about the first period, and Hordichuk barely touched the ice with us being on the PK so much.

I could say more...but no need. Disappointing to lose that way, but we got a point we could easily have lost. 2-0-2 on the western swing pretty respectable, especially given the fact we started the trip having lost 6 straight games on the road.

Hope to get Markov and Upshall back for Tuesday, and hope no kind of suspension is levied upon Witt.

Old
03-12-2006, 12:39 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Caps fan here.

Like you saw tonight, if Witt is motivated, he can be one heck of a warrior for your team. He'll do the little things and wont' take crap from anyone. He just plays angry a lot of the time.

He'll never be a great offensive player, and at times he'll make mistakes in his own end. But he's a solid 22+ minute defenseman who will do the little things and even the dirty things when need to be to help his team. In Washington he didn't drop em as much, nor go after it with other players as much of late because he was needed to play key minutes. But in Nashville, he should have free reign to impact the game.

Enjoy watching him for the time he's there.

Old
03-12-2006, 01:24 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera
Caps fan here.

Like you saw tonight, if Witt is motivated, he can be one heck of a warrior for your team. He'll do the little things and wont' take crap from anyone. He just plays angry a lot of the time.

He'll never be a great offensive player, and at times he'll make mistakes in his own end. But he's a solid 22+ minute defenseman who will do the little things and even the dirty things when need to be to help his team. In Washington he didn't drop em as much, nor go after it with other players as much of late because he was needed to play key minutes. But in Nashville, he should have free reign to impact the game.

Enjoy watching him for the time he's there.
Lets just say, what I saw tonight, I have never seen in any Predators defensemen. The sheer mass of him is unbelievable, and he was, in a word, ferocious out there. Thankfully, we do not need another offensive defensemen. If he can play good defense, all of us well be ecstatic. That being said, I still think the Caps got a kings ransom for Brendan, but if we are able to ride with him into the second round.....or possibly resign him - I think the trade was well worth it.

NMK, I think the elbow to Tootoo's head really shook him up. Parker went ballistic, but it really did seem like Jordin got caught pretty flush to the side of the head. I have to agree - Kimmo was awful tonight....just awful.

Old
03-12-2006, 01:30 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=230220

might need some help over here, as the sharks viewpoint is far outnumbering the preds viewpoint in this thread.

Old
03-12-2006, 05:46 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=230220

might need some help over here, as the sharks viewpoint is far outnumbering the preds viewpoint in this thread.
I just love the fact that most everyone assumes Witt was the one 'walking down the bench' towards ******* Parker, when clearly Witt was sitting on the bench resting and it was Hordichuk who was walking down the bench.

Anyways, exciting game even with all the dumb**** calls. I'll take the point, and I'm still loving that Vokoun bodycheck on Cheechoo

Old
03-12-2006, 07:12 AM
JussiM

rapidshare.de/files/15308753/060311-nsh_sj-vokoun_cheechoo.avi.html

Vokoun's bodyslam on Cheechoo, 0:54, XviD, ~8 mb

Old
03-12-2006, 08:37 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Idiot sharks fans and PBP guys are saying Tootoo imbelished the hit, that's why he went straight to the locker room, to further imbelish it. Morons.

Old
03-12-2006, 08:49 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

BTW, I'm not that suprised the Predators played bad on the last game of a road trip that included Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver all playoff teams.

Old
03-12-2006, 12:17 PM
Upchuck19

Scott Parker is my favorite ex Rocket, just ahead of Shea so maybe I have a biast view on this incident. From what I heard is Witt and Nichol wouldn't answer the bell for the first period incident so Parker took it into his own hands.

He picked Tootoo the first player he could get ahold of. It was a bad elbow but just 2 minutes. Witt was beaking when Parker went to the bench so Parker tried to get ahold of him. No one's hurt no big deal!

Last night Don Cherry showed the highlight of this on Hockey Night in Canada. He said look at these two teams, they are fighting for a playoff spot. Friday night Leafs verses the Islanders it showed a spot of Steen laughing on the ice with Nillson, Cherry said these are two teams that are not fighting for a playoff spot.

Say what you want about Parker and Witt, they are fighting for a playoff spot, not like the Leafs and Islanders!

Old
03-12-2006, 12:36 PM
handtrick

I am posting this here as to not be accused of trolling on the SJ board....but the homerism displayed there is in a class all by itself......go check it out for yourself if you want to see something truly pitiful.....

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...7&page=5&pp=25

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...0&page=1&pp=25

Old
03-12-2006, 01:30 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
I am posting this here as to not be accused of trolling on the SJ board....but the homerism displayed there is in a class all by itself......go check it out for yourself if you want to see something truly pitiful.....

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=230207&page=5&pp=25

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=230220&page=1&pp=25
They are homers....their moderator used to be one of the most biased and hateful individuals on the boards, so I'm not surprised to see such ridiculous posts. Besides, have you listened to their announcers? Shark players piss molten gold in their eyes, heck if you just watch the clips from last night games you can see why they spout such non-sensical and false information......THEIR PLAY BY PLAY GUYS ARE DOING IT!

Closed Thread