HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

**OFFICIAL** GDT 3/11 - Kings @ Blues

Closed Thread

Old
03-11-2006, 09:49 PM
ILuvLA

vCash: 500
damn quacks are up 4-2 over the Yotes. Let's go Yotes!!!

Old
03-11-2006, 09:53 PM
Fripp

What a bizarre game. Kings played really badly, and Garon stole one. Brownie benched for the third (did anyone see him get a shift?). Kings continuing with the very conservative style they've been playing since the olympic break ... you do what you gotta do without 2/3 of your top line.

Old
03-11-2006, 10:03 PM
Riposte!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fripp
What a bizarre game. Kings played really badly, and Garon stole one. Brownie benched for the third (did anyone see him get a shift?).
He didn't get one. And I want to know why.

Old
03-11-2006, 10:07 PM
ILuvLA

More AM head games???

Old
03-11-2006, 10:09 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_17
Wow. That was too close against a last place team.

Funny how before the game so many people are predicting we are going to lose and then after then game when we win its no big deal.

Old
03-11-2006, 10:10 PM
ILuvLA

GARON, Lalime & ROBITAILLE = 3 stars of game.

Old
03-11-2006, 10:10 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Go

Of course. AM's head game with Brown may work, but I didn't like that Brown wasn't out there. It's better to instill confidence in the young guy. Parros should be scratched unless they play a team with a few tough guys, and I'm glad that AM kept him off the ice.

Also, Parrish looks good. I'd like it if he threw his body around more, but I can live.
________
vaporizer pipe

Last edited by Live in the Now: 02-06-2011 at 08:57 AM.
Old
03-11-2006, 10:12 PM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Oh yeah, I forgot AM is still an idiot. Right when I was about to applaud him at the end of the 3rd for putting Avery-Belanger-Kostopolous back out.. I see a line of:

Robitaille-Conroy-Roenick hop off the ice.. Umm.. what?

I like Conroy, but he hasn't been playing well. So basically 3 of our worst guys are being put out there late in the 3rd. Oh.. and Brown doesn't get a shift for what reason?

I know Robitaille got the SO GW Goal.. but he's brutal.

And Corvo played a bad game.. yes.. I said it.

Old
03-11-2006, 10:12 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
In the final 4 minutes of regulation, the Parrish-Armstrong-Cammalleri didn't get a single shift, while the Avery-Belanger-Kostopoulos line had 3 shifts! Classic Andy Murray

Now I know you don't watch hockey. Because if you did you would have noticed that, the Avery-Belanger-Kostopoulos line was our best in that game.

Heaven forbid the coach giving ice time to the players who are playing well....

I bet you must be really disappointed that we won. Not that it stops you from your normal predictions of future failure. Win... Lose... All the same to you. Isn't it?

Old
03-11-2006, 10:17 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Congrats on the win from an Islander fan. Glad the trade is paying dividends for you guys already. Grebs has only played 2 games so far for us but he's looked real good. He got around 20 minutes tonight and was a +2. Tambs has also looked good in a limited role. Best of luck to you guys

Old
03-11-2006, 10:17 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite
Funny how before the game so many people are predicting we are going to lose and then after then game when we win its no big deal.
I think people are looking for an impressive win...a win not just barely scratched out...a win in which the Kings show at least a little of their former high level play.

Old
03-11-2006, 10:19 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25
I think people are looking for an impressive win...a win not just barely scratched out...a win in which the Kings show at least a little of their former high level play.
2 pts is 2 pts. Who cares if its by one goal or one hundrad?

6th in the west is all thats important.

Old
03-11-2006, 10:21 PM
Quattro

hahahahahahahaha

I just love coming to this board after wins like this. Post after post of relentlessly negative blather from the usual suspects and then dumbfounded silence when this hardworking, gutty team pulls out another two points, on the road, without their two best forwards and their captain and best defensive defenseman.

Awesome.

Old
03-11-2006, 10:22 PM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Quote:
2 pts is 2 pts. Who cares if its by one goal or one hundrad?

6th in the west is all thats important.
The only team I'm unconfident in beating is Detroit. I hope to God we don't finish 8th. Anywhere else.. And we can beat anybody.

And besides.. an Edmonton-Detroit series sounds great.

Speaking of which... will Center Ice be carrying playoff games?

Edit: I'm gonna need OLN huh?

Old
03-11-2006, 10:22 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro
hahahahahahahaha

I just love coming to this board after wins like this. Post after post of relentlessly negative blather from the usual suspects and then dumbfounded silence when this hardworking, gutty team pulls out another two points, on the road, without their two best forwards and their captain and best defensive defenseman.

Awesome.

Great post.

Go Kings!

Old
03-11-2006, 10:29 PM
ILuvLA

GO KINGS!!!!
Onward & upward back to Staples on Tuesday night!!! after knocking off the Sharks...

Old
03-11-2006, 10:34 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Now I know you don't watch hockey. Because if you did you would have noticed that, the Avery-Belanger-Kostopoulos line was our best in that game.

Heaven forbid the coach giving ice time to the players who are playing well....

I bet you must be really disappointed that we won. Not that it stops you from your normal predictions of future failure. Win... Lose... All the same to you. Isn't it?
nothing murray does is ever going to be good enough for some people...don't you get that by now? its real evident that they want the kings to lose in order for murray to get canned. their hatred for the coach is alot more than their love for the team. its a very interesting psychological profile.

gutsy win by the kings...hope they can keep it up. Go Kings go!

03-11-2006, 10:36 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont
nothing murray does is ever going to be good enough for some people...don't you get that by now? its real evident that they want the kings to lose in order for murray to get canned. their hatred for the coach is alot more than their love for the team. its a very interesting psychological profile.

gutsy win by the kings...hope they can keep it up. Go Kings go!

I realize. Still got to fight the good fight. Ya know? Or at the very least try to post the various good things with the Kings so that this board doesn't turn into a pit like LGK.

Old
03-11-2006, 10:38 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5888
Last time I checked whether you win the game 2-1 or 12-1 it's still just 2 points

Old
03-11-2006, 10:38 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
I realize. Still got to fight the good fight. Ya know? Or at the very least try to post the various good things with the Kings so that this board doesn't turn into a pit like LGK.

is that where they came from ... oh god!

Old
03-11-2006, 10:39 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
Last time I checked whether you win the game 2-1 or 12-1 it's still just 2 points
the only thing that will placate them is for murray to actually get the kings 3 points instead of 2 when they win.

Old
03-11-2006, 10:42 PM
ILuvLA

2 points is 2 points boys. While I believe that most of the vets have tuned AM out, I will take the 2 points, no matter what!

Old
03-11-2006, 10:43 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro
hahahahahahahaha

Awesome.

Yeah. I'm happy the team is in 6th...and yes I'm happy that they're FINALLY back in the playoff picture.

However, this team, while winning as of late, does not inspire in me the unshakeable confidence that it does in many of you.

Whether you choose to acknowledge or not, this team has issues...defensive issues. As I've said before...the defense is volatile...it can look solid and then collapse at any time.

They were in one hell of a slump for the month leading up to the break and frankly have yet to prove that they have climbed out of it. They've taken steps to get out of it in winning a few games. However, they've yet to win any with authority. I think the Boston game right before the Buffalo incident might have been the last authoritative win. And until they do more than claw their way out of neck-and-neck games with minus 500 teams, I'm not going to be satisfied that they can have success in the playoffs.

Old
03-11-2006, 10:46 PM
ILuvLA

I don't care whether the games are won with authority or not. 2 points are 2 points. End of discussion!!!!!

P.S. Garon stood on his head again tonight............

Old
03-11-2006, 10:46 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofCrunk
Of course. AM's head game with Brown may work, but I didn't like that Brown wasn't out there. It's better to instill confidence in the young guy. Parros should be scratched unless they play a team with a few tough guys, and I'm glad that AM kept him off the ice.

Also, Parrish looks good. I'd like it if he threw his body around more, but I can live.
I think AM just likes to stick to veterans at the end of the game...nothing more. brown has done whatever is asked of him and i don't think AM is on his case.

Closed Thread