HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Just got back from Acapulco. Whats everyone so upset about?

Closed Thread

Old
03-11-2006, 06:06 PM
devilinto

vCash: 500
Just got back from Acapulco. Whats everyone so upset about?

Ok i missed afew games but i see that we won three in a row and then got smoked by the Red Wings.

huge wins over The wild and Blue jackets.

A huge deal that is going to help this team during the stretch run.

Parrish is a 30 goal scorer. He will be a great addition. Should they find a way to get Bure back that would be great to.
As for Sopel this guy was a stud in Vancouver. Now he is going tocome to the Kings and help out The PP as will Parrish.

I just dont get why so many of you guys are crying. U want DT to make a move tohelp this team today. When he does so u make it seem like we gave up a Future Bobby Orr and the Next Wayne Gretzky.

I think the Kings made one of the best Deadline deals of they year.
Lets see how these 2 guys gel.

AS for signing Parrish. Should DT not make sure this is the King of Guy they want to Ink Long term.
Oh yeah and KUDOS to DT for Signing MAtty to a 2 year deal. REAL CLASS!!!!

How about those Leafs... LUKE RICHARDSON. He was ok in the 80's...lol I could have sworn he had retired.

Old
03-11-2006, 06:10 PM
kingsfan25

At this point Richardson might have been preferable to Sopel...mainly because Sopel's expertise are in the offensive realm.

I agree on Parrish, but this team needed another defensive d-man...plus the quality of play as of late hasn't been all that stellar despite the winning streak...

...and I think I'm in before the lock.

Old
03-11-2006, 06:25 PM
Johnny Utah

People are pissed because DT bet the farm for a UFA who has already said he wants to play for his home town of Minn next season and the fact that other guys like him and Sopel were acquired for picks instead of players. Kings could've had Klee, Mitchell, and Freison for draft picks.

Now the Kings are down a LW, one of their weakest forward positions, a offensive D prospect, which we have none of, and offense in Lehoux. In two years the Coyotes will most likely have Lehoux and the Isles will have Tambs and Grebs and the Kings could lose Parrish and Sopel to FA just so they can take a half *** run at the playoffs..?

Forget it...

Old
03-11-2006, 06:53 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah
People are pissed because DT bet the farm for a UFA who has already said he wants to play for his home town of Minn next season and the fact that other guys like him and Sopel were acquired for picks instead of players. Kings could've had Klee, Mitchell, and Freison for draft picks.

Now the Kings are down a LW, one of their weakest forward positions, a offensive D prospect, which we have none of, and offense in Lehoux. In two years the Coyotes will most likely have Lehoux and the Isles will have Tambs and Grebs and the Kings could lose Parrish and Sopel to FA just so they can take a half *** run at the playoffs..?

Forget it...
Kings couldnt have got Mitchell for draft picks. He went for a roster player and a prospect.

Old
03-11-2006, 11:41 PM
devilinto

Well they came up with a big win today. We all know it was not beatuiful but we needed the 2 points.

Garon was solid once again. We have to remember this team is without 2 of its biggest weapons. Frolov and Demitra. And Norstron was out with a bad cause of the diahiria.lol

Overall i thought they played ok. The game was pretty slow at times!

Old
03-12-2006, 12:20 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
I'd be interested to read the thread during the summer when Sopel signed with NY. I guarantee it was full of King fans saying he got paid too much. Now he's here, hurt of course, getting paid way too much and he's got another year remaining. The Kings needed a #1 center and a #1 LW, they got a #2 RW and an offensive dman who's hurt. King's fans have every right to be upset especially when you factor in that we have been told for years they are building from within yet only 6 players on the roster were drafted by the Kings.

Last edited by The Tikkanen: 03-12-2006 at 02:58 AM.
Closed Thread