HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ales Pisa question.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-26-2003, 09:57 PM
  #1
Pens Fan
Registered User
 
Pens Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Country: United States
Posts: 40
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Pens Fan
Ales Pisa question.

I know that Pisa is not in the NHL this year but is he still under contract with the Rangers. I appreciate your help and thanks beofre hand.

Pens Fan is offline  
Old
10-26-2003, 10:12 PM
  #2
#37-#93-#27*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 3,079
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pens Fan
I know that Pisa is not in the NHL this year but is he still under contract with the Rangers. I appreciate your help and thanks beofre hand.
He was offered RFA qualified contract but the Rangers lost the right to match any offer, just receive compensation, so yes he's technically still Ranger property.

#37-#93-#27* is offline  
Old
10-27-2003, 12:15 AM
  #3
Rodent
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: On your dinner plate
Posts: 590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
He was offered RFA qualified contract but the Rangers lost the right to match any offer, just receive compensation, so yes he's technically still Ranger property.
Okay. This is a new one on me.

What happened with Pisa such that NYR cannot match an offer sheet?

Rodent is offline  
Old
10-27-2003, 03:16 AM
  #4
Habdominal
Registered User
 
Habdominal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodent
Okay. This is a new one on me.

What happened with Pisa such that NYR cannot match an offer sheet?
They offered him a contract, but forgot some technical details and the offer wasn't enough to meet minimum qualifying standards.


Habdominal is offline  
Old
10-27-2003, 06:04 AM
  #5
#37-#93-#27*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 3,079
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodent
Okay. This is a new one on me.

What happened with Pisa such that NYR cannot match an offer sheet?
Something about the % of the offer. I don't think they messed up like the poster above said but they can't match any offers, only receive compensation and he is still their property.

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/team/system.asp

#37-#93-#27* is offline  
Old
10-27-2003, 09:10 AM
  #6
NYR469
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 5,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodent
Okay. This is a new one on me.

What happened with Pisa such that NYR cannot match an offer sheet?
it has to do with an exception in the rules about qualifying offers.

normally a qualifying offer has to be for a 10% raise if the player makes below the league average, but there is an exception that states that a player over 26 years old must be qualified for a certain amount (determined by the league's average salary) for the team to retain the right to match

I believe the amount this year was $727,000 (or around there), pisa made $500,000. so the rangers gave him a 10% qualifier of $550,000 to retain his rights. but because it was below the $727,000 limit the rangers lost the right to match

but if anyone was going to take advantage of this they would have signed him already

NYR469 is offline  
Old
10-27-2003, 09:48 AM
  #7
Rodent
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: On your dinner plate
Posts: 590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
normally a qualifying offer has to be for a 10% raise if the player makes below the league average, but there is an exception that states that a player over 26 years old must be qualified for a certain amount (determined by the league's average salary) for the team to retain the right to match
Thanks!

I had dismissed a problem with the offer sheet because a previous Lamoriello booboo with offer sheets rendered two of his guys UFA rather than RFA altogether. I figured that had Slats screwed up the offer sheet Pisa would be UFA, therefore concluded (incorrectly) that the offer sheet wasn't the problem.

Rodent is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.