HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Flyers @ Penguins 3/12 7:30 PM

Closed Thread

Old
03-12-2006, 09:45 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf-Superbeast
I hope you get a better coach, for your guys sake...
I think having Primes back would have a larger and more positive impact than having a better coach. That's just my personal opinion though.

Old
03-12-2006, 09:47 PM
Firefighter Havok

Send a message via AIM to Firefighter Havok Send a message via MSN to Firefighter Havok
Quote:
Originally Posted by trippyime
I guess it's about expectations?

We signed the best player in the world, we have a good solid team make-up, but we can't win a game or work hard to save our lives. It's frustrating. Had we sucked from the get-go, I guess you'd get used to it. I'm sure there was frustration like this in Pittsburgh when they didn't win their first game for a month. But, we were in first place overall just a couple months ago.
Frustration wasn't the word...Down right anger in the media and the fans hearts...Nothing against Edzo, but his time was coming to a close as he had a club like atmosphere in the locker room and at practice. When we brought in Terrien, he demeaned his players at the press conference, he made sure they did practices right, he made them bus to their practice rink together, instead of letting them take their own cars...Terrien is a man on a mission and he fits Pittsburgh's hardcore, blue collar, work ethic to a T.

It sounds like the flyers need some of the same...

Old
03-12-2006, 09:54 PM
SidTheKid32389

who is Ales Kotalik, you guys had him down for the team leader in shots

Old
03-12-2006, 09:55 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

I heard, near the trade deadline that Ottawa's Gm wasn't going to make any big moves because it was that groups last chance before he brakes it all down. Could Clarke be possibly of the same mindset?

Old
03-12-2006, 09:56 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf-Superbeast
Frustration wasn't the word...Down right anger in the media and the fans hearts...Nothing against Edzo, but his time was coming to a close as he had a club like atmosphere in the locker room and at practice. When we brought in Terrien, he demeaned his players at the press conference, he made sure they did practices right, he made them bus to their practice rink together, instead of letting them take their own cars...Terrien is a man on a mission and he fits Pittsburgh's hardcore, blue collar, work ethic to a T.

It sounds like the flyers need some of the same...
It sounds like you're right. It's what we need. I don't believe Hitch is the coach for this team, or any team, in the new NHL.

Old
03-12-2006, 09:58 PM
sansan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerfanofthepeg
I heard, near the trade deadline that Ottawa's Gm wasn't going to make any big moves because it was that groups last chance before he brakes it all down. Could Clarke be possibly of the same mindset?
doubt it.. this group isn't even "together" yet so there's really nothing to break down. I think one of the Flyer's problems this year was too many new faces. My guess is he's thinking...let's go with what we got and see if the team can grow together and develop some chemistry for years to come.

Old
03-12-2006, 09:58 PM
Firefighter Havok

Send a message via AIM to Firefighter Havok Send a message via MSN to Firefighter Havok
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerfanofthepeg
No muckler and clarke are not of the same mindset. Muckler is a very smart GM and he knows a possible champion when he sees one. Clarke is keeping his team together because he believes that this team has chemistry, and he doesn't want to break it up.

Old
03-12-2006, 10:03 PM
Firefighter Havok

It was very nice to have an very intellectual conversation with other hockey fans, and not turn it into flame war central. I gotta run, I hope you guys do great in the postseason, kick *** and take names, and all of that jazz...But I need to get going. It's been a pleasure.

Old
03-12-2006, 10:03 PM
FlyersFanJS

wrong, he saw a lack of options at the deadline to get anyone that would cost youth and possibily make this team poor for the next few years...this season is extremely disappointing, but look at where we'll be once niitty, carter, richards, umberger, meyer, and pitkanen get some more experience

Old
03-13-2006, 12:09 AM
Ziggyjoe21

Send a message via AIM to Ziggyjoe21
I find it hilarious that after a good team loses to the penguins, all hell breaks loose. The coach should get fired, there is no chemistry, let's start to rebuld, etc. I am not saying this is what the Flyers should do, but this is just a generalization of what the fans go thru once their team loses to the Penguins.
When it comes to great rivalries, it doesn't really matter how good or bad the team is. The games will usually be close, regardless of record. Pens and Flyers are no different.

Old
03-13-2006, 02:03 AM
Grave77digger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanJS
wrong, he saw a lack of options at the deadline to get anyone that would cost youth and possibily make this team poor for the next few years...this season is extremely disappointing, but look at where we'll be once niitty, carter, richards, umberger, meyer, and pitkanen get some more experience
this season is extremely disappointing, but look at where we'll be once Fleury, Crosby, Malkin, Armstrong, Orpik, and Whitney get some more experience

Old
03-13-2006, 08:37 AM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

I've said it before, but I don't think Fleury will be anything close to the goalie he was drafted to be. Ever since he choked in the World Juniors I've thought it

Old
03-13-2006, 09:15 AM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggyjoe21
I find it hilarious that after a good team loses to the penguins, all hell breaks loose. The coach should get fired, there is no chemistry, let's start to rebuld, etc. I am not saying this is what the Flyers should do, but this is just a generalization of what the fans go thru once their team loses to the Penguins.
When it comes to great rivalries, it doesn't really matter how good or bad the team is. The games will usually be close, regardless of record. Pens and Flyers are no different.
The Pens are footloose and fancy-free, and the Flyers are puckered up tighter than a snare drum.

Old
03-13-2006, 09:21 AM
Jester

Quote:
this isn't an isolated case man...

Old
03-13-2006, 03:37 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
We've been talking like this for a long time. The Flyers are in serious turmoil. Losing to the Pens, being shutout by the Pens, is just the icing on the cake.

This team is like an onion. The more layers you peel, the more it stinks.

Closed Thread