HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

You be the GM/coach

Closed Thread

Old
10-28-2003, 04:00 AM
Der Schweinehund

vCash: 500
Quote:
Now if we trade players like Kraft (around 1 million), trade/release Aubin (750k), Holzinger (1 million), Bradley, McKenna...
This is my point about this argument. Too much simplistic notion about the ease of moving/dumping salary. (Why on earth would you want to move Bradley first of all??) No one took Aubin when he was on waivers. So we can pay him 750K to play in WBS and be insurance to the big team or we can pay $500K outright to get rid of him. When you spend $500K to save $250K - well that just doesn't make a whole heck of a lot of financial sense, does it?

Holzinger is not making $1-million from the Pens - the Lightning are picking up a substantial portion of his salary. So as much as we dislike him - and oh do we ever - he is cheap. Kraft is not looking like an NHLer at all. So why then would someone want Kraft and pay a million bucks for him??

You only say we can save money and list where we can save, but cannot give solutions or reason as to how/why another team would take these proposed dollars off our hands.

Old
10-28-2003, 04:13 AM
Krom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobv2
People think that the only thing keeping this team from winning are some slightly altered line combinations.
Who does? At least that's not what I said. Like I said, it was just for fun. Jeez. You're making me think twice about my next topic: "You be the Equipment Manager"

Closed Thread