HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

What is Dimitrakos's potential

View Poll Results: How good is Niko Dimitrakos
Superstar 0 0%
First Liner 4 16.67%
Second Liner 9 37.50%
Third Liner/Two-way forward 1 4.17%
Fourth Liner 1 4.17%
Grinder 0 0%
AHLer 2 8.33%
Gretzky-like 1 4.17%
Jagr-like(no defense) 1 4.17%
Korolyuk-like(Not superstar offense and little defense) 5 20.83%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2003, 01:37 PM
OrrNumber4

vCash: 500
What is Dimitrakos's potential

Superstar? First line? Grinder?

Old
10-26-2003, 01:42 PM
OrrNumber4

Potential

How good wioll he be?

Old
10-26-2003, 02:59 PM
Kevin Wey

I think most people would say his <i>potential</i> is that of a second-liner. He's shown his offense to be of that level already, but he just needs to improve his defense. Yes, he <i>could</i> end up only like Korolyuk, but defense isn't a difficult thing to teach, it just takes some commitment. I think Dimitrakos could come around and become good enough defensively to find his way back into the NHL. Dimitrakos doesn't have a history of work ethic problems, so I'm more optimistic with Dimitrakos than pessimistic. We'll see what happens.

Being that the Sharks' offense has been week, perhaps the Sharks should so "to hell" with concerns about Niko's defense and add him for offense, as the team is losing because it's not scoring goals, not so much giving up lots of goals. (Scoring four goals on Zac Bierk and Phoenix Coyotes doesn't signify a turn-around to me.)

The only guy really impressing offensively is Tom Preissing. Some others are meeting expectations, but that's not enough. Yeah, at this point, how long can it be before Korolyuk is sent down and Dimitrakos is recalled? (Considering offense is the problem, nobody in Cleveland is more proven at the NHL level offensively than Dimitrakos, considering Harvey's recent history with San Jose.)

I'll be waiting with interest to see what team takes Kiprusoff, considering people are saying this is the week. I'm still waiting to see what NHL team possibly needs Miikka Kiprusoff. If one peruses all 30 NHL rosters, MAYBE Nashville, but Chris Mason did okay in his game, so...maybe San Jose has a trade with HIFK in the works: Kiprusoff for Pasi Saarinen (sarcasm).

Closed Thread