HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Time to Face It

Closed Thread

Old
03-12-2006, 08:44 PM
FlyersFanJS

vCash: 500
Time to Face It

after watching this pitiful game (it's not even over yet) but after watching 1 shot after 7:00 of straight power play time it is time to face the fact....this team SUCKS!!!!! no cup, no banner, no victory...another year, another broken heart

Old
03-12-2006, 08:59 PM
Winston Wolf

We desperately need to find a coach to address our special teams. Whether its just a special teams coach like Hartsburg was, or a head coach who actually takes them seriously. I've come to realize that Hitchcock is no use when discussing the PP or PK.

Old
03-12-2006, 09:24 PM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanJS
after watching this pitiful game (it's not even over yet) but after watching 1 shot after 7:00 of straight power play time it is time to face the fact....this team SUCKS!!!!! no cup, no banner, no victory...another year, another broken heart
How ANY team in this league can face the WORST team in the league and not score, let alone only get 1 shot on 7 minutes of consecutive powerplay, is beyond me. If only this horrible play had happened at the beginning of the year, then we could be in the running for Kessel, Johnson, or Toews. Now, we'll get the 20th pick and not have anything to show for one of the most disspointing seasons in Flyers history. This team is ridiculous.

They have so many issues right now, I don't know how it is possible to fix it. They need Matt Foley, up from his van down by the river, to come and give this team a good motivational speech. Maybe the Flyers could hire him as coach. I can't help but think that he can not do a worse job of coaching or non-coaching of the special teams. That is unfortunately, the only solution I have.

Old
03-12-2006, 09:30 PM
FlyersFanJS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator
They have so many issues right now, I don't know how it is possible to fix it. They need Matt Foley, up from his van down by the river, to come and give this team a good motivational speech. Maybe the Flyers could hire him as coach. I can't help but think that he can not do a worse job of coaching or non-coaching of the special teams. That is unfortunately, the only solution I have.

Old
03-12-2006, 09:35 PM
Gert B Frobe

this team is going to be enjoying a steady diet of government cheese, and living in a van down by the river.

Old
03-12-2006, 09:36 PM
FlyersFanJS

i think pantokrator has started a new push....FOLEY FOR COACH!!!!!

Old
03-12-2006, 09:39 PM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer
this team is going to be enjoying a steady diet of government cheese, and living in a van down by the river.
If I had my way, that is where I would send them all.

Old
03-12-2006, 09:56 PM
Pens75
Pens Fan Since 1975

Quote:
face the WORST team in the league and not score, let alone only get 1 shot on 7 minutes of consecutive powerplay, is beyond me.
Easy... good PK and goaltending.

And there is a BIG difference between the worst team in the NHL, and the team with the worst record.

And by the way... it was ZERO shots on goal during that 7:00 penalty.

Old
03-12-2006, 10:02 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman
Easy... good PK and goaltending.

And there is a BIG difference between the worst team in the NHL, and the team with the worst record.
I wouldn't say the difference is big, but it's not always one and the same.

And the last time I checked, the Pens had the worst PK in the league, so how is it good?

As a Pens fan, it's not time to toot your own horn. Just realize that the Flyers are probably one of the worst teams in the league right now and that it's REALLY easy to beat them.

Old
03-12-2006, 10:12 PM
Viking Penguin*

I wouldn't say its easy to beat the Flyers. The Penguins are heating up right now and the Flyers are going through a cold spell. I can't believe you Flyer fans are bailing on your team already!!

Old
03-12-2006, 10:19 PM
dalessam

Send a message via AIM to dalessam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator
They need Matt Foley, up from his van down by the river, to come and give this team a good motivational speech.
lmao.

Last edited by dalessam: 03-12-2006 at 10:25 PM.
Old
03-12-2006, 11:49 PM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking Penguin
I wouldn't say its easy to beat the Flyers. The Penguins are heating up right now and the Flyers are going through a cold spell. I can't believe you Flyer fans are bailing on your team already!!
Not bailing already, we (or at least some of us) have bailed a few weeks ago.

Old
03-12-2006, 11:54 PM
phlacheesesteak

Yea, i think its funny some people call themselves fans and then give up on the team when we go into a cold streak....whatever, it just the bandwagon fans.

Old
03-13-2006, 12:08 AM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfphillystyle
Yea, i think its funny some people call themselves fans and then give up on the team when we go into a cold streak....whatever, it just the bandwagon fans.
It's not like we're giving on the team, we're just realizing that the team is terrible.

Old
03-13-2006, 12:49 AM
capn89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke
It's not like we're giving on the team, we're just realizing that the team is terrible.
So true. The only idiots are those who blindly believe a team is godly when the fact is they're mediocre at best.

Old
03-13-2006, 02:21 AM
SanDiegoFlyersFan

I'm a die-hard fan and don't consider myself a bandwagon jumper but this team does SUCK...It can't score...its defense is porous...its goaltending is iffy...This isn't just another slump...it's been too long...I actually would prefer if the team would continue to lose and miss the playoffs...I know this is unrealistic but I can't stand watching the Flyers just be foder for another team come playoff time...We need to re-tool the team...get faster and more skilled...maybe a new coach, but Clarkie doesn't have a good track record here...Let's look forward to '07 and get the rookies playing as much as time possible...I could go on and on but what's the point...

Old
03-13-2006, 03:54 AM
FlyersFanJS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfphillystyle
for me at least it's a lack of effort, if they were just losing i'd be there 100% for them, but when they refuse to play hard for 60 minutes (as forsberg himself admitted) then i find it difficult to get behind the team, i just want to see them play hard and whatever happens, happens...but no more of this rolling over crap, it's embarrassing

Old
03-13-2006, 05:15 AM
MartinFr

Send a message via MSN to MartinFr
Cold streak lads, things can only get better.

Last edited by MartinFr: 03-13-2006 at 05:22 AM.
Old
03-13-2006, 05:46 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinFr
Cold streak lads, things can only get better.

Yeah?

http://www.philadelphiaflyers.com/sc...p?EventID=3134

http://www.philadelphiaflyers.com/sc...p?EventID=3138

http://www.philadelphiaflyers.com/sc...p?EventID=3143

Things were only getting better for a while.

Old
03-13-2006, 07:12 AM
MartinFr

Send a message via MSN to MartinFr

You really forget how good the team actually can be, support them in both good and bad times instead of whine, whine and WHINE.

Old
03-13-2006, 07:22 AM
Mikey Z21

Would things be any different if Zeus and Johnsson were back in the lineup???
Man was that hard to watch last night???

Thoughts??

Old
03-13-2006, 07:23 AM
priceperlb*

It's not whining, it's venting. We all try to think of ways to improve the team but sadly we are impotent to make any changes. When that cold reality smacks us in the face......time to vent.

Whining would be more like, "It's not fair......the refs are against us.....that team gets away with everything....the league has it out for us.....wahhh wahhh wahhh..." See the difference?

Old
03-13-2006, 07:32 AM
horeljoliat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Wolf
We desperately need to find a coach to address our special teams. Whether its just a special teams coach like Hartsburg was, or a head coach who actually takes them seriously. I've come to realize that Hitchcock is no use when discussing the PP or PK.
Philly is one of the only team in the NHL who use passive box in PK , it's an old technique from the past . When Michel Ouellet look like Mario , you have a serious problem.

Old
03-13-2006, 07:32 AM
priceperlb*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Z21
Would things be any different if Zeus and Johnsson were back in the lineup???
Man was that hard to watch last night???

Thoughts??
I think the mental make up of the team makes it impossible for any player to come in and turn things around. There's a million theories as to what caused it, but when they score two shorthanded goals and quit before the team that gave up two shorthanded goals, it's mental.

It's may not be as simple as getting a different coach. Hitch got this team to play above and beyond the last couple of seasons and, unfortunately, they had to run into Toronto each time, leaving them physically beat to shyte.

It may be as simple as getting some different players in during the off season (I'm hoping for speed on D), or staying healthy, or getting another year for the rookies. I don't think any team is more skilled than the Flyers necessarily, but mentally they're killing them.

Old
03-13-2006, 08:06 AM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinFr

You really forget how good the team actually can be, support them in both good and bad times instead of whine, whine and WHINE.
Can be, yes. But then, why do they play like sissys?

Closed Thread