HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Brewer on the PP

Closed Thread

Old
10-25-2003, 05:27 PM
kraigus

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to kraigus Send a message via MSN to kraigus
Brewer on the PP

I hope I'm wrong, but I thought I heard some boos as Brewer was handling the puck on the first PP vs the Flames. That, or people were yelling shoot. I really hope it was shoot (even though Brew wasn't in a shooting position at the time).

Old
10-25-2003, 06:52 PM
Oilhitch

Naaa, its just some of the genius fan who yell "shoot" no matter where the Oilers have the puck on the PP.

Old
10-25-2003, 07:04 PM
kraigus

Quote:
Originally Posted by chit94
Naaa, its just some of the genius fan who yell "shoot" no matter where the Oilers have the puck on the PP.
That makes me feel a bit better - maybe I'm just a bit oversensitive to booing lately. Nobody was yelling much later even.

Old
10-25-2003, 08:09 PM
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

The "SSHOOOOOOOTTT" people are idiots...people were yelling it before we crossed the blue line...why shoot if there is a 99% chance it will be blocked or wont be anything great...some people are just dumb

Old
10-26-2003, 05:25 AM
kraigus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#2
The "SSHOOOOOOOTTT" people are idiots...people were yelling it before we crossed the blue line...why shoot if there is a 99% chance it will be blocked or wont be anything great...some people are just dumb
Well, as is probably apparent from several billion of my other posts , I'm never a big fan of heckling the home team anyway - it's like, what team are you cheering for again?

That being said, I "understand" the SHOOOT people a bit more than the ones who just plain boo. Ah well.

Old
10-26-2003, 06:23 AM
barto

Actually, if you're going to yell "SHOOOOT" at all while the Oilers are on the PP, it's *funniest* if you yell it really early, like while they haven't even crossed the blue line yet, or maybe when Salo has the puck and is going to pass it up to a defenseman...

Old
10-26-2003, 03:05 PM
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

Quote:
Originally Posted by barto
Actually, if you're going to yell "SHOOOOT" at all while the Oilers are on the PP, it's *funniest* if you yell it really early, like while they haven't even crossed the blue line yet, or maybe when Salo has the puck and is going to pass it up to a defenseman...
haha...last game i did that cuz i was getting pissed off...twice, the first i did it as salo passed the puck, and the other after the whistle

Old
10-26-2003, 03:21 PM
Fists of Fuhry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#2

Probably because deep inside somewhere, every one in the building misses Bo Bo. Seriously though, we haven't had a sniper defenceman for quite some while now... we should really look at a drafting a few next year...

Old
10-26-2003, 03:29 PM
Behind Enemy Lines

IMO the biggest gap in this Oiler team is a genuine power play defenseman. I think this would allow the Oil to move Brewer off the power play, take some pressure off this kid to 'do it all', and to focus on the other elements of his game. I loved Semenov's play last night. He has the blaster and looks more willing to use it. Complement him with a strong passing defenseman.

I watched Pronger on Friday night in the Flamer-Blues game. Their power play worked with his confidence in the backend and hard, crisp tape-to-tape passes out of the Blues zone and within the offensive zone. It was beautiful to watch. Unfortunately, by contrast, I watch an Oiler club struggle with poor passing and scambled play on the PP.

Finding a solid offensive power play defenseman would greatly help this hockey club.

Old
10-26-2003, 04:18 PM
kraigus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behind Enemy Lines
Finding a solid offensive power play defenseman would greatly help this hockey club.
Semi looks pretty damn dangerous with the puck: a very heavy shot, as the glass behind McLennan can attest, and he gets it off fairly quickly too, not like some other D we've seen. I think BoBo was pretty slow, wasn't he?

Anyway, the Oilers may have to look no further than MAB and Semi, give them both a year or two - that's certainly quicker than looking for a D to run the power play in this year's draft, unless Lowe & co (haw, I made a rhyme) can pull another overaged Euro out of their hats.

Old
10-26-2003, 04:19 PM
kraigus

Quote:
Originally Posted by barto
or maybe when Salo has the puck and is going to pass it up to a defenseman...
The way Edmonton's been scoring lately, it might even go in... too bad they can't seem to keep the puck out from behind Salo on special teams either. Ah well.

Closed Thread