HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lineup changes

Closed Thread

Old
10-27-2003, 09:54 AM
Subban Fan

vCash: 500
Lineup changes

Here are the lines for tonight game...

Hossa-Ribeiro-Zednik
Audette-Perreault-Sundstrom
Dackell-Juneau-Bulis
Ryder-Bégin-Ward

The worst 2nd line in the NHL...bad move by Julien!!!

Source: CKAC

Old
10-27-2003, 09:57 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komi#1

Hossa-Ribeiro-Zednik
Dackell-Juneau-Bulis
Ryder-Bégin-Ward

Hmmm....I assume if those are the lines, the 2nd line will recieve far less ice time than the 1st and the 3rd lines. Ryder on the 4th lines is a mystery to me, but maybe we will see that line receive a good chunk of minutes. Replace Begin with Koivu and that 4th line looks good (of course they would receive more minutes, and be considered a top two line)

Old
10-27-2003, 10:02 AM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
Hmmm....I assume if those are the lines, the 2nd line will recieve far less ice time than the 1st and the 3rd lines.
Maybe they want the 2nd lines to play agains the 1st or 2nd line and they wanted to add a defensive player with Audette and Perrault... that could means good icetime.

I hope Ryder will keep his spot on the Powerplay

Old
10-27-2003, 10:08 AM
Cosanostra

Maybe BG has a potential buyer for Sundstrom and is trying to show him off.

Old
10-27-2003, 10:25 AM
AK-47

I just hope this isn't a demotion for Ryder. He was the best player on the second line. I sure seems like the youth mouvement is getting shafted at the moment.

Higgins and Komi in the ahl.
Hainsey in the press-box.
Ryder and Ward on the 4th line.

Ok, so Ribeiro and Hossa still have spots on the top 2 lines. But, for how long?

Hossa hasn't been doing much and his play has been average at the best of times.

Ribeiro leads the team in scoring, and for now, he should be safe from any form of demotion. Still, one has to wonder what would happen if he starts to falter in any way.

Old
10-27-2003, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosanostra
Maybe BG has a potential buyer for Sundstrom and is trying to show him off.
I hope so, jeez, that 2nd line is horrible, no grit, or no jam as Pierre Mcguire would say, I don't get the Ryder demotion? I have a feeling we'll get pounded.

Old
10-27-2003, 10:28 AM
Le depisteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komi#1

Hossa-Ribeiro-Zednik
Dackell-Juneau-Bulis
Ryder-Bégin-Ward

Strange... but not bad... against the Big Flyers, CJ maybe want to put the Begin line more often... but the Perreault line will &?%*$*

(Hey Komi... Bulis/Sundstrom are at left and Audette /Dackell at right...)

Old
10-27-2003, 10:40 AM
Guy!

On the other hand, remember that Julien contered Yashin with the Begin line for a good part of the Isles game. That would, in effect, be moving Ryder from the fourth line to the second, or even first, checking line.

Mind you, I'm disappointed at the move nonetheless. I don't see how Ryder has played poorly in any game so far, and while trying to light a fire under Sundstrom might be a motivating factor, deflating the some of the future of the club, in Ryder, doesn't seem a particularly brilliant way of going about things.

Now, if poster 'Dynasty' is correct, the move might actually just be an injury related move. Perhaps Ryder is suffering some, and with no real players ready to step in, perhaps the move to Begin's line is just a single game event in order to give Ryder a chance to heal slightly. Certainly, he'll have to do significantly less hitting on a line with uber-hitters Begin and Ward.

Some thoughts.

A cocnerned fan.

Old
10-27-2003, 11:01 AM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

Boooo

The youth movement was all a hoax. There was never any intention to go with a youth movement. There still isn't anyone in the Canadiens organization that has the balls to say, "Let's take one step back in order to move three steps forward." All I see is a bunch of very good prospects better than 4-5 players on the NHL roster now back down on the farm, and a stifling defensive system on the big club that would put Pee Wee Herman and Richard Simmons to sleep.

The way I see it, if you're going to pay players such as Audette, Juneau and Dackell (to name three), you're better served to pay them NOT to play for the team and open up roster space for your future. Their surprisingly strong play at the beginning of the season should not matter any. The Canadiens won't win the Stanley Cup this year so making a half-a**ed attempt at a low playoff seed is not in the best interests of the organization. Giving quality ice time to the likes of Komisarek, Higgins and Perezhogin/Plekanec (to name three) is in the best interest of the organization.

Old
10-27-2003, 11:07 AM
Bob Bastards

I bet that the line with Begin - Ward - Ryder will see a hell more ice time then the Audette - Perrault - Sunstrom one. Agains the big Flyer, you want your $hit disturber often on the ice. And considering Brasher is out to, I thing the give Ward - Begin a promotion and not a demotion to Ryder...
We will see tonight.

Old
10-27-2003, 11:18 AM
habsfan19

ryder-begin-ward are going to cause problems for the flyers, hopefully anyways if they play the way they're supposed to play, that is grinder style, hit everything in sight

Old
10-27-2003, 11:19 AM
Hab at it

I agree with the posters that are saying that the Begin line will probably see more time than the Perreault line but I'm not against this move as much as some appear to be. Ryder-Perreault-Audette are all similar in the fact that they all prefer to shoot, than pass. Thats why their production other than that 1 game has been pretty much nil except on the PP. Sunny on the other hand is a playmaker and is more defensively responsible than Ryder so this combo may be OK.

Old
10-27-2003, 11:37 AM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 0
Why Audette still get 2nd line ice time ? He didn't did much this year at even strengh and was unable to make our PP better . It's sad to see a guy who got plenty of scoring chance at every game put on the 4th line .

Sundstrom on the 2nd ? Yeah he played an helluva game against the Sens ...

Old
10-27-2003, 11:40 AM
Portishead

The way I see it...

The more I see them play (Bégin & Ward) the more I think that with big' Kilger back (wanting to play hard hopefully) they could really make what we should call, a third-checking line.

I know, Juneau & Dackell are playing good hockey. They're buying into the systems, because they are type of player for that systems. With Jan Bulis back with them, helping a lot, they are a good line.

I still think that we need a bigger, fiestier & even nastier third line.
Kilger-Bégin-Ward could do the job, playing the systems just as good, but putting more size. Bégin's good on the face-off too.

I don't mind Perreault, but I'd rather go with a Koivu/Ribeiro center-duo & Perreault, isn't suited for third-line action.
If he could just play the off-wing & shoots like he can, maybe I'd have a spot for him.

What to do with Audette ? Man, oh ! man...
Am I alone who thinks that Saku Koivu praising & hyping Michael Ryder this much meant directly that he'd play with him rather than miss-the-net' Audette ?

I also think that it's a do-or-die kinda situation for Niklas Sundstrom. If he can't show anything tonight, with maybe more icetime & offensive partners, he may be the one sitting when Koivu's back...

It might be a good thing to give Ryder, Bégin & Ward more icetime/responsability against bigger teams like Philly. Maybe that's what Julien is thinking.

Old
10-27-2003, 11:43 AM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Any word on Hainsey?

Old
10-27-2003, 12:24 PM
Chehabi

Send a message via AIM to Chehabi
Julien is out of his mind to be having Perreault and Ribeiro as the first two centers tonight against the Flyers. Maybe he doesnt have a choice and its about time that Gainey makes a move. Flyers are going to pound us tonight just because of those terrible lines.

Old
10-27-2003, 12:57 PM
Canadienne

Michael Ryder demoted to 4th Line!!

What a crock! What a way to reward a young player for playing well?
Put him on the bleedin' 4th line where his chances to improve are even less than being saddled with Audette!!

I am majorly p*ssed by this move!! No way does Ryder deserve to be bumped down to the 4th line! I don't know what else the kid is supposed to do? This is like blaming him for the loss the other night... when he was one of the few guys who played well! This is stupidity on the part of the coach and it will not benefit the team at all!

Old
10-27-2003, 01:04 PM
BigM1ke

Slow down buddy.. The 4th line will see way more ice time maybe than the 2nd.. They will put the Begin Ward Ryder line vs the big guys of Philly alot of time you can be sure...

They are way bigger than Audette Perreault and Sundstrom!

Old
10-27-2003, 01:07 PM
Maithz

vCash:
Last game Begin have played 10:23 min on the 4th line and Ryder 13 :15 on the 2nd line.

Old
10-27-2003, 01:10 PM
Canadienne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big M1ke
Slow down buddy.. The 4th line will see way more ice time maybe than the 2nd.. They will put the Begin Ward Ryder line vs the big guys of Philly alot of time you can be sure...

They are way bigger than Audette Perreault and Sundstrom!
I have nothing against either Ward or Begin. I happen to like them both very much as a matter of fact. But the fact remains, Ryder does not deserve to be dropped to the 4th line. It's a demotion and it's unfair to him. Do you really think Sundstrom is an upgrade over Ryder on that line? It's a dumb move and it's going to hurt the team, not help it.

Old
10-27-2003, 01:17 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadienne
What a crock! What a way to reward a young player for playing well?
Put him on the bleedin' 4th line where his chances to improve are even less than being saddled with Audette!!

I am majorly p*ssed by this move!! No way does Ryder deserve to be bumped down to the 4th line! I don't know what else the kid is supposed to do? This is like blaming him for the loss the other night... when he was one of the few guys who played well! This is stupidity on the part of the coach and it will not benefit the team at all!
Actually I'm quite released to see CJ brake up that line. Perreault and Audette were draging him to the bottom with them. Now he'll play with players that actually work on the ice and don't stand there all night long floating by. I don't want to see Ryder with Perreault and Audette ever again. Wait that's not it, I don't want to see Perreault and Audette ever again. Yeah that's more like it.

Old
10-27-2003, 01:18 PM
BigM1ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadienne
I have nothing against either Ward or Begin. I happen to like them both very much as a matter of fact. But the fact remains, Ryder does not deserve to be dropped to the 4th line. It's a demotion and it's unfair to him. Do you really think Sundstrom is an upgrade over Ryder on that line? It's a dumb move and it's going to hurt the team, not help it.
I don't know why you see this as a demotion.. I think they put all those 3 players together to play more physical vs Philly... They will play alot IMO...

Old
10-27-2003, 01:24 PM
crakced

He could be just doing this to change up chemistry, or it could be that Ryder hasn't played as well the last couple of games. At the start of the season he was everywhere, the last coupld games I don't think he has hustled enough. But like others said, he won't see that big of a drop in ice time

By the way, anyone else notice he is wearing a visor now??

Old
10-27-2003, 01:31 PM
Michalek

Maybe Habs are showcasing Sundstrom

Old
10-27-2003, 01:32 PM
mcphee

I wonder if Perreault and Audette have been demoted and Begin and Ward have been promoted. Well, doesn't matter, let's get excited, we heard it on CKAC after all. OK, I'll join in, I'm mad too, damnit.

Closed Thread