HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Habs

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-26-2003, 05:56 PM
  #1
panayiotis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,248
vCash: 500
The Habs - Thread has been closed.

Philly should come after them hard. They are undersized down the middle and the d is soft. So punch the wimpy centers in the mouth and run the goal crease boys.

panayiotis is offline  
Old
10-27-2003, 02:38 AM
  #2
BrindA17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Pa
Posts: 1,518
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BrindA17
Quote:
Originally Posted by panayiotis
So punch the wimpy centers in the mouth and run the goal crease boys.

BrindA17 is offline  
Old
10-27-2003, 04:21 AM
  #3
Teezax
Registered User
 
Teezax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek
Flyers are going down.
and whop is going to down them, Donald Audette? Or wait, will it be Joe Juneau...

3 words:

Get some SIZE.

After last season's thumpings of the Habs, you guys didn't learn your lesson, your pesky forwards couldn't move our defenceman, and we did a perfect cycling job and had plenty of possession in your sone because of your small D. Souray will be a difference this year, but he cannot cover for everyone. But then again, the Flyers haven't been playing terrific hockey lately so look for this to end up in an inevitable tie.

Teezax is offline  
Old
10-27-2003, 10:31 AM
  #4
Tucker316*
 
Tucker316*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,932
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Tucker316*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
and whop is going to down them, Donald Audette? Or wait, will it be Joe Juneau...

3 words:

Get some SIZE.

After last season's thumpings of the Habs, you guys didn't learn your lesson, your pesky forwards couldn't move our defenceman, and we did a perfect cycling job and had plenty of possession in your sone because of your small D. Souray will be a difference this year, but he cannot cover for everyone. But then again, the Flyers haven't been playing terrific hockey lately so look for this to end up in an inevitable tie.

...

The Habs small D:

Quintal: 6'3" 230 pounds
Rivet: 6'2" 202 pounds
Hainsey around the same size
Souray: 6'4" 230
Brisebois: 6'2" 203
Markov: 6'1" 205

not that small. If you would add Komi you get another man at 6'4", 235.

The Habs are tougher then people think. The Flyers are over-rated in toughness now anyway especially without brash and the big but soft leclair.

Tucker316* is offline  
Old
10-27-2003, 10:33 AM
  #5
Uber Coca
Registered User
 
Uber Coca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,135
vCash: 500
We'll see...

Uber Coca is offline  
Old
10-27-2003, 10:37 AM
  #6
Teezax
Registered User
 
Teezax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker316
...

The Habs small D:

Quintal: 6'3" 230 pounds
Rivet: 6'2" 202 pounds
Hainsey around the same size
Souray: 6'4" 230
Brisebois: 6'2" 203
Markov: 6'1" 205

not that small. If you would add Komi you get another man at 6'4", 235.

The Habs are tougher then people think. The Flyers are over-rated in toughness now anyway especially without brash and the big but soft leclair.
Size doesn't dictate toughness, aka Hall Gill, the Flyers are one of the tougher teams in the league and i think we showed the Leaves just how tough we are. And Leclair will be in the lineup tonight and Hainsey won't be. So that leaves:

Quintal
Rivet
Souray
Breezeby
Markov

We can roll 4 lines at these guys and by the end they'll be physically drained.

Teezax is offline  
Old
10-27-2003, 10:39 AM
  #7
Uber Coca
Registered User
 
Uber Coca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,135
vCash: 500
Don't think Souray, Rivet and Quintal would get intimidated, trust me...
Just continu overrating your team, it will just be much funny later...

Uber Coca is offline  
Old
10-27-2003, 11:20 AM
  #8
Teezax
Registered User
 
Teezax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Hainsey
it will just be much funny later...
www.dictionary.com

:moon:

Teezax is offline  
Old
10-27-2003, 12:47 PM
  #9
Uber Coca
Registered User
 
Uber Coca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,135
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
I don't understand sorry...

Uber Coca is offline  
Old
10-27-2003, 01:55 PM
  #10
didjuicythat
@m_desroches
 
didjuicythat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 5,251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
Get a life...... we can't all be as good as your are in english. For some posters on this board, english is a second or even a third language. Do you know many people on these boards that can actually speak french very well? That's what I thought. Respect people who don't have english as maternal language. At least they're trying.

didjuicythat is offline  
Old
10-27-2003, 04:51 PM
  #11
AK-47
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
and whop is going to down them, Donald Audette? Or wait, will it be Joe Juneau...

3 words:

Get some SIZE.

After last season's thumpings of the Habs, you guys didn't learn your lesson, your pesky forwards couldn't move our defenceman, and we did a perfect cycling job and had plenty of possession in your sone because of your small D. Souray will be a difference this year, but he cannot cover for everyone. But then again, the Flyers haven't been playing terrific hockey lately so look for this to end up in an inevitable tie.
You're a traitor. A montrealer cheering for the enemy. You should be ashamed of yourself. Pathetic.

AK-47 is offline  
Old
10-27-2003, 05:30 PM
  #12
Winston Wolf
Registered User
 
Winston Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Oahu, HI
Posts: 7,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK-47
You're a traitor. A montrealer cheering for the enemy. You should be ashamed of yourself. Pathetic.
Is somebody mad because his team got their a$$ kicked? Go cry somewhere else.

Winston Wolf is offline  
Old
10-27-2003, 05:45 PM
  #13
Teezax
Registered User
 
Teezax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK-47
You're a traitor. A montrealer cheering for the enemy. You should be ashamed of yourself. Pathetic.
Let me ask you this, because i live in Montreal, do I have the need to cheer for my own city when it isn't my city's own bred players? When Canada plays, I cheer them on. When it comes to the league, I root for a team i have respected for a lot of years and gained my interest as a fan of the sport. I'm not a Hab drifter because I never liked them in the first place. For me they're just another step to the next game.

Teezax is offline  
Old
10-27-2003, 05:46 PM
  #14
panayiotis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,248
vCash: 500
habs fans

sorry guys. Youre d is a bunch of girls. And youre forwords are way too small.

panayiotis is offline  
Old
10-27-2003, 05:48 PM
  #15
Teezax
Registered User
 
Teezax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsFan
Get a life...... we can't all be as good as your are in english. For some posters on this board, english is a second or even a third language. Do you know many people on these boards that can actually speak french very well? That's what I thought. Respect people who don't have english as maternal language. At least they're trying.
# 1 it's a joke intended of being laughed at

#2 I won't give you a comeback because I respect your avatar.



Teezax is offline  
Old
10-27-2003, 05:50 PM
  #16
RoDu
Shagga likes axes
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,453
vCash: 500
my only problem with montreal is this, why does most of their team have to be French? what is more important, winning or having a team of local boys

RoDu is offline  
Old
10-27-2003, 08:07 PM
  #17
daynus
Registered User
 
daynus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Good Ole Saskatchewan
Posts: 1,786
vCash: 500
this thread is a joke

what does it prove, A) the habs suck b) there fans suck C) there fans are retards or d) all of the above. :moon: :moon: :moon:

daynus is offline  
Old
10-27-2003, 10:21 PM
  #18
nikrag03*
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: India
Posts: 512
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to nikrag03*
Hmmm. the flyers are a better team that the habs. But is that anything to be proud of? The fact of the matter is, u can't say **** to us because u haven't won a ****ing cup since 1975. As for the habs,. they will struggle to make the playoffs this year as usual. However, in 2 or 3 years i guarantee u the habs will have a competitive team. As for ur team, u wont go ANYWHERE without a real goalie and most of ur key players are veterans nearing retirement so the future doesn't look too bright for u. And don't tell us our fans suck because comparing Montreal to Philly when it comes to which is the better hockey town is hilarious.. And yeah u should also get rid of Bobby Clarke.

nikrag03* is offline  
Old
10-27-2003, 11:17 PM
  #19
blah
Registered User
 
blah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,269
vCash: 500
Pitkanen, Vandermeer, Woywitka, Seidenberg, Gagne, Williams, Richards, Carter lol Flyers are going to be competitive for a long long time.

blah is offline  
Old
10-28-2003, 03:17 AM
  #20
Tucker316*
 
Tucker316*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,932
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Tucker316*
....

Philly fans dont even have a clue. I mean insulting Montreal fans? LMAO. It's like everyone else has always known..there aint another type of fan that knows more about their hockey **** than a fan from Montreal.
BTW, you guys...dont try and steal our "na na na na's"...please..philly cant pull it off.

But yes, I agree with whoever said something about acquiring french players..we dont always need them, yet we end up getting them. That I do find annoying cuz right now I'd like to get rid of juneau, and audette and stop playing bouillon over hainsey.

Tucker316* is offline  
Old
10-28-2003, 04:15 AM
  #21
Teezax
Registered User
 
Teezax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker316
....

Philly fans dont even have a clue. I mean insulting Montreal fans? LMAO. It's like everyone else has always known..there aint another type of fan that knows more about their hockey **** than a fan from Montreal.
BTW, you guys...dont try and steal our "na na na na's"...please..philly cant pull it off.

But yes, I agree with whoever said something about acquiring french players..we dont always need them, yet we end up getting them. That I do find annoying cuz right now I'd like to get rid of juneau, and audette and stop playing bouillon over hainsey.
Stop putting yourselves on pedastools as Montreal fans, what do you guys know about the sport that other people don't...please don't give me that bs. There are a lot of knowledgeable fans all over the world that know a hell of a lot more than montreal fans. What because the Habs have 24 cups that autamatically makes their fans know everything, hah, what a joke. You guys make me laugh, just yesterday i was listening to Montrealers calling the TEAM 990 with complaints. Your fans are so knowledgeable that after 3 bad games this season, they are already asking for heads to roll. Just a couple of days ago the Habs were supposed to be in contention for the cup and now your guys mindset is getting a top 5 in the draft. Hab fans are a bunch of babies.
It's like you know deep down inside that your team (as it stands now) has no chance of getting deep in the playoffs, yet because they win a game in good manner, all of a sudden now they are contenders, but you guys need a team like the Flyers to kick you in the ass and make you realize that you're nothing more than a rebuilding team. No hard feelings, but that's the way it is. Gainey needs a year to evaluate what he has, once this season is done, Julien is gone, so is Audette, Perrault and Juneau and he wuill start bringing in his guys. But this year, is a write off for the Habs, just face it.

Teezax is offline  
Old
10-28-2003, 04:34 AM
  #22
Stonehands77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Waltham, MA
Posts: 1,495
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by panayiotis
sorry guys. Youre d is a bunch of girls. And youre forwords are way too small.
I can't believe this, but I'm agreeing with panayiotis. Montreal looked simply awful out there last night. Their D could not handle the Flyers forwards down low, especially John LeClair. Their forwards are too small to win the battles against a bigger and more physically dominant Flyers D (even Chris Therien was making some big hits against the Habs! Talk about a "WTF?!?!" moment). It's the same problem Montreal has had for the past 3 seasons at least: they rely far too much on their goaltending to bail them out, and hope that the forwards can use their quickness to keep out of the sights of the other team's D. Unfortunately, last night the Flyers were on their game, and when they made mistakes, Esche bailed them out.

Oh, and please, enough of this "We've won more Cups then you, so even though we've only barely been competitive one year out of the last 6, while your team has consistently made the playoffs and even advanced a round or two, you can't talk to us because you haven't won it all in ages." crap. It's an argument of those who know that talk about present reality would not go in their favor, so they call on past accomplishments (by players long since retired or moved to other teams) to try and win the debate. Sorry, that's BS, and you know it. It's also a logical fallacy (and a defined one, although I can't remember the official title). Montreal won a lot of Cups, yes. The majority of which came before I was born (1977, FYI), and the last one came in 1993, with a goalie you ran out of town, and helped along by a player who has since haunted Montreal everytime the Flyers play them. So why you say that gives you some special gift or knowledge is beyond me. But wait:

(sarcasm)
Wow. That's so incredibly humbling that you point these Stanley Cups in days of yore out to me, I'll forget all the hockey I've watched over the last 15 years, and submit to your obvious superiority in terms of hockey knowledge. Gee, how did I ever think I knew anything about this game? Please oh great Montreal fan, bless us with your knowledge...I'm sure those 24 Cups they won (most of them probably before YOUR time, too) have imparted great wisdom to you.
(/sarcasm)

Get over yourselves. Your team is not very good right now, and while they may have some good prospects coming along, until they address the size issue, especially in the East, they won't go anywhere. They also need to address a serious lack of toughness on D, because they could not handle the Flyers' big guys (Handzus, Primeau, LeClair, heck, even Williams and Recchi, who aren't big) down low.

Stonehands77 is offline  
Old
10-28-2003, 06:20 AM
  #23
AK-47
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers guy
Is somebody mad because his team got their a$$ kicked? Go cry somewhere else.

Yeah, i'll go cry remembering my team is the greatest of all time.

The cream always comes back to the top and it will be no different in this case.

AK-47 is offline  
Old
10-28-2003, 07:07 AM
  #24
blah
Registered User
 
blah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,269
vCash: 500
Montreal's fans rank right up there with Atlanta's.

blah is offline  
Old
10-28-2003, 08:14 AM
  #25
Teezax
Registered User
 
Teezax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Hainsey
Don't think Souray, Rivet and Quintal would get intimidated, trust me...
Just continu overrating your team, it will just be much funny later...
You're right, they obviously weren't intimidated, and i'm still waiting for it to be "much funny later"


Teezax is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.