HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Time To Give Jagr A Rest

Closed Thread

Old
03-14-2006, 06:16 AM
djjagr*

vCash: 500
Time To Give Jagr A Rest

http://www.nypost.com/sports/rangers/61019.htm

Old
03-14-2006, 06:19 AM
djjagr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjagr
Kind of like the idea. Sit Jags until he gets healthier. Bring up a couple of kids for a 2-3 game exhibit.

Old
03-14-2006, 06:22 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

This stupid Olympic experience really was a big help to the NHL and all of the 30 invidual teams

NOT

This is no surprise

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=219907

Old
03-14-2006, 06:25 AM
djjagr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy
This stupid Olympic experience really was a big help to the NHL and all of the 30 invidual teams

NOT

This is no surprise

I guess the thing now is how do we rebound from the Olympics. They are over, in the past. We are a tired bunch with some scrapes and bruises. So, what does Renney do to help here?

Sitting Jagr may be the wisest move. Take a step back now in order to make 2 leaps later....

Old
03-14-2006, 06:31 AM
shoothepuck

You don't sit players unless they physically cannot perform. Olympics or not, tired players have to play, they are paid to play hockey, not sit

Old
03-14-2006, 06:36 AM
djjagr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck
You don't sit players unless they physically cannot perform. Olympics or not, tired players have to play, they are paid to play hockey, not sit
Were you not watching Sunday?

FYI. Jagr heard something in his hip "pop". Not to mention his groins have been a problem all year.

Old
03-14-2006, 06:42 AM
Kostik

If Jagr wants to play, let him play. And he played with broken finger. He is managing his ice time i believe...
He will not let Thorton win art ross that easily

Old
03-14-2006, 07:10 AM
bathgate

Who cares about individual awards. There nice but I'm more interested in a healthy Jagr for the playoffs. Rest him tonight. I agree that some kids should be brought up for the game.

Old
03-14-2006, 07:18 AM
Fletch

It would be tough...

to rest him now - I can't see any situation in which Jagr would say sit me. Further, perhaps the problem was playing him almost 25 minutes on Saturday night, when there's a game the next night in which he got about the same amount of minutes (and he sat out a good deal of the second period). That's been a problem all season long - when the Rangers are down, Renney taps Jagr for double shifts, and Jagr takes 2-3 minute shifts when there's PPs. Discipline is needed.

But, the Rangers should've held onto a two goal lead against Atlanta. The Rangers could've found one goal from another source - Jags is still setting up his linemates, who are not finishing (put Prucha there?). There are other problems besides Jagr being tired.

I do agree that youth should be brought up, but think more along the lines of Immonen coming in for Betts. The team did pretty well defensively without Betts, and seem to have had a bit more balanced scoring (Ward looked better without Betts than with Betts). Having an offensive-oriented centerman may be a plus there - to play with Ward, and, say Prucha or Rucinsky, or Straka.

Old
03-14-2006, 07:53 AM
Vodka Drunkenski

Send a message via AIM to Vodka Drunkenski Send a message via Yahoo to Vodka Drunkenski
In the last 5 games we've managed to score 6 goals...sitting Jagr tonight would be stupid. Tonight's a big game that we need Jagr in. Let's break out of this slump first before giving him a day off. He can sit when we play teams like Washington, Toronto and Boston (our next 3 games).

Old
03-14-2006, 07:58 AM
djjagr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangersFan
Tonight's a big game that we need Jagr in.
That is a mis-conception IMO.

This is not a big game. Its our game in hand and we are 2 pts. up on Philly (who is idle tonight). Sure, it would be nice to break out of the slump, however, nothing is more important than a HEALTHY Jagr in the playoffs. And if it means dropping a few places in the standings in order to have that, I am game.

A bad hip and bad groin ruins Jagr's game (quick spins, turning, etc) Let's not make it worse based on the mis-conception of tonights "big game".

Old
03-14-2006, 08:18 AM
Melrose_Jr.

The time to rest Jagr was when he got back from Turino with groin problems and any lingering head/neck/shoulder pain, not when the team needs him most. I agree with the guys who say things are way too out of control to sit him. Break the losing streak, put everyone in a different state of mind and then maybe you think about it.

Old
03-14-2006, 12:14 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy

NOT

This is no surprise

and you all bickered at me for complaining about how the semifinal matchups were the worst thing that will happen to the rangers all season...

Old
03-14-2006, 12:18 PM
ihatenewjersey

newsday, is saying he will be in the lineup

Old
03-14-2006, 12:28 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

i don't get how tonight's game is that much bigger than the other games that will be following. sure we need to break the losing streak but we still need wins and unless carolina has some sort of epic meltdown the last home stretch of the season, it's unlikely we will catch them for first . that said, i think the top priority is to secure #1 in our division. i certainly don't want to face buffalo in the first round of the POs. let philly get beat up by them.

Closed Thread