HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Marcel Hossa's Best Game as a NYR

Closed Thread

Old
03-14-2006, 08:42 PM
KasparKrunch

vCash: 500
Marcel Hossa's Best Game as a NYR

he was hitting people, he had 6 shots (tied with jagr for most on nyr), he played 14 minutes. he also was a capable pk'er. i think he just needs to play with better players. if he gets consistent icetime with good players (sykora,jagr,straka,nylander) and not orty and moore he can be a force.

also as JD said, he also needs to learn how to finish.

Old
03-14-2006, 08:46 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasparKrunch
he was hitting people, he had 6 shots (tied with jagr for most on nyr), he played 14 minutes. he also was a capable pk'er. i think he just needs to play with better players. if he gets consistent icetime with good players (sykora,jagr,straka,nylander) and not orty and moore he can be a force.

He ALWAYS plays like this the day coming back from being scratched the previous game. Then he slips right back into his lazy habits.

If you don't remember, he was our 2nd line RWer for a good portion of the beginning of the season...he didn't do much with his quality time then.

Old
03-14-2006, 08:59 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873
it's nice he got one good game in before the season was over

nothing like waiting fo rthe 65th game to put your best foot forward now is there??

Old
03-14-2006, 10:06 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
I like the guy. I mean sure he could get passed on the depth chart by any number of people next season, but I think for the most part his game has improved a ton. If he could only score on a semi-consistent basis (every 3-4 games) I'd be excited about him.

Old
03-14-2006, 10:11 PM
V-2 Schneider

What you see is the best he has to offer.He doesn't have the hands, the smarts, or the desire, to untap that "potential", and it's why a good drafter like Andre Savard made sure he wasn't in Montreal's plans.

It's foolish to hold out hope on this guy.

Old
03-14-2006, 10:35 PM
Larry Melnyk

A good game, yes, but one of his very few...Still pointless in like 16 games and a -2 on the night...But overall, just too inconsitent and nervous..Will never get it and cna only hope he is not a Ranger next year...

Old
03-15-2006, 01:48 AM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken
I like the guy. I mean sure he could get passed on the depth chart by any number of people next season, but I think for the most part his game has improved a ton. If he could only score on a semi-consistent basis (every 3-4 games) I'd be excited about him.
How has he improved if his inconsistency is still a major issue?

Old
03-15-2006, 01:49 AM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-2 Schneider
What you see is the best he has to offer.He doesn't have the hands, the smarts, or the desire, to untap that "potential", and it's why a good drafter like Andre Savard made sure he wasn't in Montreal's plans.

It's foolish to hold out hope on this guy.
Actually he has the smarts, the hands, and the ability--he just doesn't have the consistency. It's why he lasted in Montreal for as long as he did and was given the amount of chances he was: he is a good player; he just rarely shows that side of him. Certainly not enough of it to warrant an NHL job.

Old
03-15-2006, 03:07 AM
Dgrohl8

Hossa played Hockey tonight

Old
03-15-2006, 06:28 AM
jratelle19

ONE good game in how many starts? Look, he's young so I haven't really been as hard on the kid as a lot of other fans have. A young guy needs to take his lumps in the NHL (or at a very high level Euro league like Lundqvist and Prucha did) before we may see his game taken to new heights.

However, I believe we have a few players in Hartford right now that can make more of an impression than Hossa has and yet they haven't been given a look. Why this obsession on the part of the coaching staff with giving Hossa every conceivable opportunity to show his stuff, when there are others in Hartford who are more deserving?

Old
03-15-2006, 08:35 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken
If he could only score on a semi-consistent basis (every 3-4 games) I'd be excited about him.
But he does not. And NEVER has. And until he does, in no way does he deserve to be in the lineup ahead of someone like Hollweg. Like him or not, the only true fact is that for his entire career, he has been consistenly mediocre.

Old
03-15-2006, 08:42 AM
Fletch

It's sad that one's best game...

didn't result in a goal - especially when that person is in there for his offense. There are interesting stats regarding Hossa's goal scoring prowess. He's very streaky - unfortunately those streaks seem to be goal droughts.

Old
03-15-2006, 09:07 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
didn't result in a goal - especially when that person is in there for his offense. There are interesting stats regarding Hossa's goal scoring prowess. He's very streaky - unfortunately those streaks seem to be goal droughts.
That is something of an understatement, Fletch.
He played great in the first 9 games. After that, he went out and scored 4 points in 26 games. Out of those points, 2 were goals. Out of those goals, one was an empty net goal. He showed up on the scoresheet in 3 of those games.
Then he had his next breakout game when he came back from his benching and scored 2 goals against Columbus. Since then, he has got 1 point (a goal) in 16 games. The last 9 games have not registered a point.
This is the guy that Renney puts in for more scoring? This is why I make the Tominator comparisons. In his last 43 games, he has managed to show up on the scoresheet 5 times.
Hossa's average ice time is right around 9 minutes. Jaime Lundmark was virtually tarred and featherd on this board for playing much the same way.

Old
03-15-2006, 11:51 AM
Nemchinov13

At this point, I, one of the Hossa apologist, have to admit that he has to be scratched unless we have injuries. It is obvious that Hollweg, as the only consistent hitting forward is almost as valuable as any other forward that we have. Hossa is just too inconsistent in both hitting and offensive contributions. Actually, what offensive contribution?

Old
03-15-2006, 01:04 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemchinov13
At this point, I, one of the Hossa apologist, have to admit that he has to be scratched unless we have injuries. It is obvious that Hollweg, as the only consistent hitting forward is almost as valuable as any other forward that we have. Hossa is just too inconsistent in both hitting and offensive contributions. Actually, what offensive contribution?

Hollweg at least gets his shot on net. And has good hands for a 4th liner.

Old
03-15-2006, 01:21 PM
Chief

Don't forget...

...he also blocked a shot!

Old
03-15-2006, 01:44 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Quote:
Originally Posted by KasparKrunch

He also failed to get a shot off on a breakaway and didn't cover his man on Commodore's goal. Yeah, great job.

Closed Thread