HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is it time to call up some kids?

Closed Thread

Old
03-14-2006, 10:08 PM
Janerixon

vCash: 500
Is it time to call up some kids?

well we are in a 6 game losing streak and to be honest a few players just havent shown up since the break

straka - hes skated well, but really thats been about it, other than creating chances with speed he has been useless

sykora - yeah he scored tonight and has some good shifts here and there but his play as dropped off as of late

betts - this guy has not been the same, he makes some bad plays and has had alot of turnovers or the occassional bad penalty

rucinsky - he was a point per game player and now hes playing hurt when he shouldnt be

ozo - i was not happy when we got him and tonight he showed why, lax defensive play and costly turnovers is why he only cost a 3rd

strudwick - his bad skating, defensive play and coverage are really becoming noticeable especially when playing against eric staal

poti - he made a few nice plays but again he has not been on the top of his game as of late

is it time to inject some youth and let some vets sit because its obvious we are in a rut

im not saying all of these guys should sit, but id really like to see immonen, dawes, and pock all given a shot, if we put malik on the IR retroactive and put rucinsky on IR we can at least call two of these guys up

im sorry i just think we need more energy, hollweg would be a good start, but giving some kids who will really hustle their butts off never hurt in my opinion and may get some of our vets to get worried or to hustle a bit more

just a thought

were talking about rebuilding, a 6 game skid sounds like the perfect time to reward a kid or two and bench a vet or two who arent playing well ie struds or ozo and u can take ur pick of forwards

Last edited by Janerixon: 03-14-2006 at 10:28 PM.
Old
03-14-2006, 10:53 PM
DontStaal

im kinda disappointed w/ ozo, i wanted him to be shooting more, but the thing is, he doesnt look like he's settled in. Prucha need a few more games to get back into game shape. As for strudwick, he's been pretty sloppy and i havent liked his game.
All I can say is that we need :

1) Malik back
2) A win (so that everyone on this board can calm down and stop building excuses)

Old
03-14-2006, 10:57 PM
Balej20*

Call up a kid

Old
03-14-2006, 11:49 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Bench: Betts, Rucinsky, Hossa
Call up: Immonen, Dawes, Hollweg(play)

I think that'll make a huge difference. Keep playing Oz so he can get some rhythm going. I bet he'll start to come around soon. Renney has to utilize him more than he has.

Old
03-15-2006, 10:19 AM
True Blue

One would think that you could do that, but it is not going to happen. If it was not done during the season, it is not going to be done during the stretch drive. A shame becase someone like Immonen could help this team right now.

Old
03-15-2006, 10:24 AM
Blueshirts4me

That time was three games ago. As much as people view Renney as this great coach, he is very poor at managing a lineup.

He should have never broken up the Nylander, Jagr, Straka line even if they were struggling. He has tried them with Rucinsky, and it never worked. He should have let them work through the struggle.

Secondly, why is Hossa playing? Hollweg should be in the lineup every night. He bring a spark, that no one else does.

Lastly, they should bring up Immonen (great on faceoffs) and sit Rucinsky (until his knee is better).

The lines should be...

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Prucha-Immonen-Sykora
Ward-Betts-Hollweg
Moore-Rucchin-Ortmeyer

I know the positions are not conventional, but I really think it gives them the ebst chance to win.

Old
03-15-2006, 03:27 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
One would think that you could do that, but it is not going to happen. If it was not done during the season, it is not going to be done during the stretch drive. A shame becase someone like Immonen could help this team right now.
well this team was never in a 6 game losing streak thus far during the season, weve had some ups and downs, but never a down as bad as this. also renney benched players for poor play earlier in the year, it appears we are back to the team where the coach doesnt run the show, ie the mess years, the players run this ship, there was no reason for rosie to be playing but he was? jagr could use a day off or two, but hes still playing

Old
03-15-2006, 03:44 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken
Bench: Betts, Rucinsky, Hossa
Call up: Immonen, Dawes, Hollweg(play)

I think that'll make a huge difference. Keep playing Oz so he can get some rhythm going. I bet he'll start to come around soon. Renney has to utilize him more than he has.

id like to see Helminen called up. Remember him and Orts played together as a PK unit in college. Moore has played well. Helminen can replace Betts. Move Moore to LW to Immonen and Ward Hollweg Helminen Ortmeyer

Straka Nylander Jagr
Prucha Rucchin Sykora
Moore Immonen Ward
Hollweg Helminen Ortmeyer

Goodbye no offense Betts, floating Hossa and Rucinsky is hurt and if only day to day let him rest. This lineup would be way better. If we send Betts to Pack, would he have to go through waivers??? I know there is no roster limit.

Old
03-15-2006, 03:52 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

I guess certain posters have missed the vast amount of youth get quality ice time.

Now that the Rangers are there first slump of the season (and it's march) people are going to go back to the same old argument "this isn't a true rebuild"

it's amazing how fast the bandwagon shrinking!

Old
03-15-2006, 04:29 PM
Fletch

They haven't missed the vast amount...

but is it a crime to have a player come up from Hartford to play in the NHL? There really hasn't been much promoting. To me, I would've love to have seen Immonen at some point this season, and as I mentioned, with the recent drought in scoring, wouldn't mind seeing him come up in place of Betts (youth replacing youth). I personally wouldn't make a bunch of moves, but one? Yeah.

Whether this is a true rebuild or not is debateable and depends on each's definition of what a rebuild is. There is one defenseman under 27. There is no forward under 25 getting more than 15 minutes of ice time per game. Of the recent top six forwards (Prucha was not one of them) only one was under 30 and he's 29.

Granted you can't throw a bunch of kids to the wolves - which many people wanted to do, but that's just not right. You can't start Dawes at left winger to start the season if he wasn't ready. That's a given. My only beef is that I don't think there was real room for anybody in Hartford to be promoted this season anyways. It was threatened a couple times, and there were a couple opportunities, but they never materialized. It would've taken a couple injuries for that to happen.

Old
03-15-2006, 04:44 PM
shoothepuck

Immonen should get a look in the next game.

Old
03-15-2006, 04:55 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Straka has been creating boatloads of chances, so I'm not sure where you got the idea from that he should be scratched. He's the fastest player on the team and has 50 assists. You don't scratch a guy who makes great passes and is skating like bure. Jagr does need someone to pass to him.

Betts has been playing like ****. I didn't see the game on Sunday but it sounded like he played like **** on the radio too. The second (or was it was the third) goal was blatently his fault. Not only did it deflect off of him and in--which can happen to a centerman--he made the broadway ********* pass between the legs 2 feet insdie the blue line (ala every overpaid superstar on the team circa 2002) and it costed a goal. It is costly to sit him though. He's good on the PK and is our best face-off man.

It's gross to not play Hollweg. I threw up on the couch last night when I saw Prucha getting his *** kicked and noone out there to defend. I don't care if we're playing an entire team the size of dean youngblood, you need a guy out there to kick some *** and make someone bleed regardless if the NHL wants to be new and "gay".

By the way Purinton is just as good of skater as Orr and is tougher and can fight better. Either trade Orr back to boston for some clam chowder, release him or put him on the ice to try to fight someone, but only when we are on home ice and he promises not to get his *** handed to him by cam jansen again.

Rucinsky doesn't suck. Anyone who says he isn't a good player is an idiot. Let him rest his knee, play 10 games before the playoffs and if we make the playoffs he can be a good difference maker.

Moore on the other hand, does suck...a lot. I really hope he doesnt come back next year unless its for the league minimum.

and speaking on the topic of calling kids up, i think it should only be immonen and i guess have it be in place of rucinsky who i think needs to get his knee completely rested

We NEED Malik back. NEED

Closed Thread