HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Next Two Games...Does Garth Snow Get One?

Closed Thread

Old
03-15-2006, 05:46 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by herecomesdabus
I don't know why some of you consider the Panthers such a soft game...they are on the rise. This team will only go as far as DiPi will take them...Snow can not be counted on...they need to get rid of him, he is no longer an NHL quality goalie. I was hoping they called up Dubi and carried 3 goalies if neccassary because Snow is that bad. I hope they can somehow unload him after the season.

I don't know how anybody could actually suggest sitting DiPi and putting in Snow?...the season is hanging on a thread.

I don't know why everybody is afraid of DiPi getting tired. He can rest when the season is over. He can rest after the games...go to bed early get some rest. He's a young kid, his body recovers quickly. He has not seen alot of shots since the allstar break. Theres people with everday jobs who work alot harder physically each and everyday for 30yrs straight. Try moving furniture or swinging a sledge hammer...c'mon guys give it a rest already. DiPi has only played about 45 games so far.
Next weeks games will be just as important to the playoff race,as this weeks games.What's the use of exhausting DiPietro by playing him every game?

and don't bother with the 'he's young and his body recovers quickly' excuse.DiPietro has pointed out that his play falls off after a certain number of straight starts.

Old
03-15-2006, 05:56 PM
mitchy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph
Those people also don't have jobs where a difference of a fraction of a second in reaction can be the difference between them being succesful and them failing. It's not a question of body fatigue so much as mental fatigue.

The thing about the Panthers isn't that they're pushovers, but simply that those points aren't as important. They're behind us right now, and while yes, a loss to them could help them get back into things, we have to focus on the guys ahead of us more than anything. These are all 4 point games and we need to make sure we win the games against the catchable teams that remain ahead of us.
This was pretty much my original reasoning as well. Plus, if we could sneak in a day of rest it's a bonus.

Lots of important games right now, the Panthers were the only non-4 point game until we play the Pens next Friday. That's another game I might consider sneaking in Snow as we play the Thrashers next Saturday. Then we have a back to back coming up after that with Montreal/Rags.

I just feel we need to win almost every 4 point game from here on out. That said, when we do make the playoffs I'd like Ricky to go in strong and not overworked.

Ricky has shown he can lose focus with too much work, I'd like to avoid it if possible on the games that aren't the so-called "4 point games".

Mitch

Old
03-15-2006, 06:08 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchy22
...but let's have at it again.
You currently possess the hottest goalie in the league. Ride him.

No time to get cute and over-manage things.

If you are going to go down, go down with your best. (He'll have all summer to rest.)

Old
03-16-2006, 05:49 AM
mitchy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
You currently possess the hottest goalie in the league. Ride him.

No time to get cute and over-manage things.

If you are going to go down, go down with your best. (He'll have all summer to rest.)
See that was the thought I was struggling with and reason for pretty much bringing up the subject.

I'm going to say we still toss Snow the Florida game. If he plays well enough we even think about giving him the Pens game after or the Rangers game later on. All of which are part of back-to-back games in the schedule. I just want to make sure we win every 4 point game and I don't want Ricky to fall to pieces mentally as he has shown he can do throughout this season when the workload has become ridiculous.

You can ride your horses, but they can and will get tired. I say Snow should see 2-3 games the remainder of the season in cases such as the above.

That said, I expect the Isles will probably ride Ricky until he has to be helped off the ice and given Oxygen; I really hope they toss Snow 2-3 non-4 point games.

Mitch

Old
03-16-2006, 06:09 AM
Capt Reynolds

Normally I would say put Snow in a few games, as he was solid for us most of the season, but Rick has been sooooo hot, and Snow has looked sooooooo soft since he came back from injury, that I think with the current week's sked as critical as it is you cannot put Snow in for anything more than the FLA.

Old
03-16-2006, 06:26 PM
Eman Resu

They said at the beginning of the game tonight that DP asked Shaw to play him in EVERY game the rest of the way. What a *****.

Old
03-16-2006, 06:28 PM
Eman Resu

Sorry, didn't realize that was a bad word here. It's a synonym of "cat" for chrissakes!

Old
03-16-2006, 06:35 PM
Islanders4Life*

Even thought I hate Garth Snow, I really hope he starts tommorow nite, having DP start every game will be to much and he will eventually burnout

Old
03-17-2006, 01:49 AM
mitchy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman Resu
Sorry, didn't realize that was a bad word here. It's a synonym of "cat" for chrissakes!
I like cats.

Closed Thread