HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Christobal Huet's Contract

Closed Thread

Old
03-15-2006, 01:10 PM
NoKtUrN

vCash: 500
Christobal Huet's Contract

Should we make an offer to Huet and how many years/what ammount shoud we give to him?

My opinion is that we should give him a 3 year 2-2.5Million per year contract. What do you guys think?

Old
03-15-2006, 01:16 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
lets worry about the end of this season before we get into contract talks, were in the midst of a playoff race, he aint goin nowhere to the end of the year so its not a priority right now.

Old
03-15-2006, 01:19 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96
lets worry about the end of this season before we get into contract talks, were in the midst of a playoff race, he aint goin nowhere to the end of the year so its not a priority right now.
It would be better to sign him now so we could get a lower cap hit. For example if we signed him to a two year contract at 2mil per year now, the cap hit would be 1.5 mil. But if we signed him for the same deal this summer the cap hit would be 2mil

Old
03-15-2006, 02:06 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe
It would be better to sign him now so we could get a lower cap hit. For example if we signed him to a two year contract at 2mil per year now, the cap hit would be 1.5 mil. But if we signed him for the same deal this summer the cap hit would be 2mil
Saku has the same cap hit this year despite signing an extension. His new contract would only be effective next year anyways. Am I missing something here?

Old
03-15-2006, 02:15 PM
tmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoKtUrN
Should we make an offer to Huet and how many years/what ammount shoud we give to him?

My opinion is that we should give him a 3 year 2-2.5Million per year contract. What do you guys think?
seems a bit much for what he as proven so far i would says 1.5 to 2 at the very most then again some team migth offer him more

Old
03-15-2006, 02:20 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:

The amount is right, but I think the contract should only be 1 season. If Huet holds his weight and keeps up his stellar play for 2 consecutive seasons, then try to lock him up long term.

Old
03-15-2006, 02:26 PM
INsiDE

1.5-2 Mil .... no way... dont forget Jose. First year and he wants to fight for the job. Give him a 1 year 1 Mil contract ... If he can pull some good numbers then pay him out. Take that extra money and give it to Ryder !!!!!!!

Old
03-15-2006, 02:30 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by INsiDE
1.5-2 Mil .... no way... dont forget Jose. First year and he wants to fight for the job. Give him a 1 year 1 Mil contract ... If he can pull some good numbers then pay him out. Take that extra money and give it to Ryder !!!!!!!
if Ryder keeps playing the way he has been for the last 15+ games, dont give him nothing

Old
03-15-2006, 02:45 PM
hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by INsiDE
he is a UFA, if we offer 1 mil take it or leave it, hes gone. I would think around 2 or a little less would be his asking price.

Old
03-15-2006, 02:47 PM
INsiDE

Well Ryder is having a few off games .... trust me if he was not with the Habs you would pay him to bring him back !

Old
03-15-2006, 02:50 PM
INsiDE

hey Hab I agree.....

Thats why we need to save money on Huet and pass it on to Ryder I think 1.75 will do it !

Old
03-15-2006, 03:18 PM
Russeltown

2 year contract ; 1.4 mil / year

Huet is a very good goalie. Not more, not less. If he wants more money and finish in the bottom of the standings with a desperate team, that's his option!

Old
03-15-2006, 03:24 PM
Darz

I would imagine if we want to keep Huet we will have to pony up a $6M/3yr (maybe we can get him signed to a 2yr deal, but when you consider he hasn't made a ton of money playing in the NHL to date, you would think he would want to maximize his earnings this offseason) deal. I mean if you look at what kind of money a decent UFA goalie commands and it starts to become clear what kind of money he will be able to command.

Look at some of the other NHL goalie (not superstar goalies either) contracts handed out the previous offseason....

Sean Burke ($1.6M/year) - I think Huet will command more money than Burke this previous offseason.

Dan Cloutier ($2.45M/year)

Kevin Weekes (1.9M/year) - I would imagine 99% on NHL team would convet Huet over Weeks, so....

Jocelyn Thibault (1.5M/year) - and I would assume alot more teams will be interested in Huet this offseason, than were interested in Tbo last offseason.

Now, I hope that Gainey can work something out, whereas we dont need to pay him that kind of money, but when you consider his free agent status, and the fact that there are always teams out there looking for goaltending help.....

Last edited by Darz: 03-15-2006 at 03:33 PM.
Old
03-15-2006, 03:29 PM
GoHabsGO252006

Between 1 and 1.5 on a 1 year deal should esasily do it.

He's only making 450K now...

Ryder he shouldn't get much, i think he'd be more valuable traded then to stay with this team....With him as bait we could get something we really want. If we do sign him, nothing more that 1.5M. MAX

Old
03-15-2006, 03:32 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGO252006
Between 1 and 1.5 on a 1 year deal should esasily do it.

He's only making 450K now...
You don't think another NHL team will offer him more than that?????

Plus when you consider his status, I'm sure he is going to want more security than a one year deal.

Like I've said before, I have a feeling we might lose Huet after this season.

Old
03-15-2006, 03:43 PM
Habsaholic

Is he a RFA or UFA?

Old
03-15-2006, 04:32 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
You don't think another NHL team will offer him more than that?????

Plus when you consider his status, I'm sure he is going to want more security than a one year deal.

Like I've said before, I have a feeling we might lose Huet after this season.

I don't think Huet will get much interest. You think Tim Thomas will sign an NHL contract this summer? I don't.

Huet hasn't proven anything yet. It all could change in the playoffs with an amazing performance but he has his work cut out for him.

Last edited by sXe: 03-15-2006 at 04:46 PM.
Old
03-15-2006, 04:35 PM
jpchabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaholic
Is he a RFA or UFA?
UFA... he's 30 and with the new rules, he's UFA

Old
03-15-2006, 08:12 PM
shayne

2 years 1.5 and 2 million with a team option

Quote:

i think the deal garon and toskala have make sense but Kiprussof got big money reight away from calgary and i beleive he has earned every dollar

pay him 1.5 and 1.9 to match the Aebisher contract

Old
03-16-2006, 04:27 AM
Rather Gingerly 1*

Quote:

Let's see how he performs down the stretch before throwing big money at him

Old
03-16-2006, 06:55 AM
NoKtUrN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rather Gingerly 1
Let's see how he performs down the stretch before throwing big money at him
If he does perform big time down the strech, he would cost alot more than what I gave has numbers. If we sign him not to a 3 year deal, if he does not perform the way we want him to, we can always trade him, why not sign him now and get something in return for him if we don't like his performances afterwards. If somebody took a chance on Theo and his contract don't you think with the way Huet performed this year, someone would take a chance on him on a 2 million $ contract? I think if we make an offer of 3 years, it would give just enough time to Price to develop, then we could trade eighter Danis or Aebisher or even Huet to get something good in return. Don't forget that Aebisher will also be asking for a raise in the offseason, So eighter we trade one of them or Danis or we don't sign Huet and go with a Aebisher/Danis combo.

Old
03-16-2006, 06:57 AM
NoKtUrN

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe
I don't think Huet will get much interest. You think Tim Thomas will sign an NHL contract this summer? I don't.

Huet hasn't proven anything yet. It all could change in the playoffs with an amazing performance but he has his work cut out for him.
The Bruins keep talking about trading Raycroft, if Thomas doesn't get a contract, who will they have has a goalie???

Old
03-16-2006, 08:35 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe
Right now Thomas and Huet are #1 and #2 in save percentage in the NHL. I would imagine that Tampa Bay would love to have one of them (going into next season) over what they have now. Both are probablely better than anything Toronto has going into next year. Phoenix, Edmonton, Washington, Pittsburgh, St. Louis along with others could also be looking at adding a goalie in the offseason, and $2M or under a year for a goalie has to be considered pretty cheap.

Hey I hope we can resign Huet to a 1 or 2 year deal for between $1M and $1.5M a year, but I just don't see it happening.

Old
03-16-2006, 09:20 AM
oli500

We need to sign huet. First off we would have two quality net minders and teams are allways looking for some goaltending. I just hope huet dosent take the theo trade to personal and bolts else were. If gainey plays his cards right we could end up with two quality netminders who both makes would less than theodore. Since theres alot of teams who have goaltending issues the habs could end up being winners in the off season.

Old
03-16-2006, 09:33 AM
Kafka

Quote:

I f Habs resign RFA Aebisher, they already have two NHL goaltenders (Aebisher and Danis). The only way Huet can come back is if Gainey trades or waives Danis or Aebisher.

Closed Thread