HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Col/SJ proposal

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2003, 09:14 AM
DRL
Streak killers!

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to DRL Send a message via Yahoo to DRL
Col/SJ proposal

with san jose poor start, 3 goalies and 3 top notch centermen combined with colorado's questionable goaltender and intensive injury list to their 3rd and 4th lines does this trade have any chance in hell?

To Colorado: Evegeni Nabokov & Mike Ricci

To San Joes: Keith Ballard, Martin Skoula, 1st in 04 and Fla 2nd 04.

or

Martin Skoula, Was 3rd 04 for Ricci and scott parker

( i know lacroix traded him, but worrell could be gone for an extended period of time and cummins may have received another concusion last night, which is very bad considering he missed an entire season due to concusion problems.

thought, other ideas?

Old
10-26-2003, 09:30 AM
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd

i really dont think SJ will be traded nabakov at all, or Ricci who i hear is a fan favorite and still affordable.
is Skoula falling far out of favor with the Avs?

Old
10-26-2003, 09:31 AM
Ozy_Flame

Why would Colorado trade Keith Ballard? Makes no sense when they just acquired him.

Old
10-26-2003, 09:52 AM
PhoPhan

If I am San Jose, I take that and run. How is Nabby that much of an upgrade over Aebischer? Sure, he had a great rookie run, but he has done little since then. While Aebischer hasn't proven he is ready to be a cup goalie yet, Nabokov has shown signs that his rookie year might have been a fluke of some sort.

Old
10-26-2003, 09:59 AM
Bruzin

I really like the idea of the Avs getting Nabokov as a goalie. It's so refreshing hearing a new name going to Colorado.

Old
10-26-2003, 03:48 PM
kenabnrmal

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan
If I am San Jose, I take that and run. How is Nabby that much of an upgrade over Aebischer? Sure, he had a great rookie run, but he has done little since then. While Aebischer hasn't proven he is ready to be a cup goalie yet, Nabokov has shown signs that his rookie year might have been a fluke of some sort.
Wow, quite the overstatement. Nabokov had one less than fantastic season against two fantastic ones. His mediocre season last year had as much to do with the team's failures on defense and his own contract negotiations, as it did with his short-comings. This season's started out tough for him, but he's going to have his hands full with this Sharks squad. If he is indeed availiable, the Avs would be quite lucky to get a hold of him.

Old
10-26-2003, 05:03 PM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

terrible offer. Sharks trade nabokov to colorado after hell freezes over.

Ricci might be possible, but with Forsberg, sakic, nikolishin the avs are already stacked at pivot. Why get ricci ? just silly

Old
10-27-2003, 12:44 AM
Broda

For anyone saying that fan favorites won't be traded... eeeheemm... but is it just me or is Former Captain and one of the Fan favorites of the Caps just traded????.....

Old
10-27-2003, 12:57 AM
Strizzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL
with san jose poor start, 3 goalies and 3 top notch centermen combined with colorado's questionable goaltender and intensive injury list to their 3rd and 4th lines does this trade have any chance in hell?

or

( i know lacroix traded him, but worrell could be gone for an extended period of time and cummins may have received another concusion last night, which is very bad considering he missed an entire season due to concusion problems.

thought, other ideas?
We have enough young D-men. I'm pretty sure that Nabokov would only go for a good young forward, preferably with some passing abilities.

Old
10-27-2003, 07:34 AM
Shark Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL

or

thought, other ideas?
Not a chance. SJ will only deal Nabby if someone wants to severely overpay, in the first deal SJ would not deal Nabby alone for what was offerred. Elite goalies are hard to come by....

As for the second proposal, nope, SJ has plenty of blueliners. Skoula and all his poise can stay in Colorado, he has regressed severely in two years. Ricci will bring more at the trade deadline.

IMO, the Avs need to pony up if they want the proposed players.

CHomp, CHomp

Closed Thread