HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Aebischer to start Thursday

Closed Thread

Old
03-15-2006, 07:03 PM
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock
No, it's not. He played for a Colorado team that is better upfront and on D than the Habs. Of course he'll have better stats. Was he standing on his head most nights like Huet has been doing? No.

And how are his stats and his record indicative of whether or not he has highlight reels? I haven't seen any on TV, as I stated earlier.
Colorado is better upfront, OK I agree but I won't say that they're better in D....

Blake-Brisebois-Skrastins-Sauer-Liles-Clark has nothing that the Montreal defense doesn't... Our defense is obviously better defencively

Markov = Blake (Lets says this...Even though I think Markov is better)
Souray > Brisebois
Rivet = Skrastins
Bouillon < Liles
Dandenault = Sauer
Komisarek > Clark

I don't see where I can be wrong, Our defence is basically better or equally as good as the Avs def.

Old
03-15-2006, 07:05 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 1976
Quote:
Ok, then let me try this from another angle. Do you think Aebischer faced the same quality of shots on a regular basis as Huet has in Montreal?

definatly not, but I'm still sticking with Aebischer is a solid goalie and can more then get the job done

Old
03-15-2006, 07:05 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chfan
Colorado is better upfront, OK I agree but I won't say that they're better in D....

Blake-Brisebois-Skrastins-Sauer-Liles-Clark has nothing that the Montreal defense doesn't... Our defense is obviously better defencively

Markov = Blake (Lets says this...Even though I think Markov is better)
Souray > Brisebois
Rivet = Skrastins
Bouillon < Liles
Dandenault = Sauer
Komisarek > Clark

I don't see where I can be wrong, Our defence is basically better or equally as good as the Avs def.
Nice comparison, but I guess that is open to debate.

Old
03-15-2006, 07:07 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96
definatly not, but I'm still sticking with Aebischer is a solid goalie and can more then get the job done
For once, I agree with you. All I'm saying is that you dont try to find out against the top team in the league. I would like them to wait and try him against a lesser team, is all I've been saying all along. They should have IMO tried him against Tampa Bay and saved Huet for the Canes.

Old
03-15-2006, 07:09 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
For once, I agree with you. All I'm saying is that you dont try to find out against the top team in the league. I would like them to wait and try him against a lesser team, is all I've been saying all along. They should have IMO tried him against Tampa Bay and saved Huet for the Canes.
when gainey said on the weekend that aebischer would start one of the 2, I thought he was gonna play vs tampa, I was surprised he opted for Huet.

I still think Abby will play a good game, and the habs will put up a good fight because it's not theo in nets and they have confidence

Old
03-15-2006, 07:12 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96
when gainey said on the weekend that aebischer would start one of the 2, I thought he was gonna play vs tampa, I was surprised he opted for Huet.

I still think Abby will play a good game, and the habs will put up a good fight because it's not theo in nets and they have confidence

This could be a preview of the first round, so our Habs better put up more than a good fight. I want them to finally beat the Canes this year and send a message to them. The Canes are probably hoping they meet Montreal in the first round. They're 3-0 against us this year and smoked us badly in two of them. I'm sure Gainey will use this to fuel the Habs and make them play a great game.

Old
03-15-2006, 07:14 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
This could be a preview of the first round, so our Habs better put up more than a good fight. I want them to finally beat the Canes this year and send a message to them. The Canes are probably hoping they meet Montreal in the first round. They're 3-0 against us this year and smoked us badly in two of them. I'm sure Gainey will use this to fuel the Habs and make them play a great game.

They smoked us with Theo, doesnt count.
It's funner when the other team thinks they will get through easy, then you shove it down their throats, my ice hockey team did that a couple of time this year.

Old
03-15-2006, 07:20 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 64
Quote:
Nice comparison, but I guess that is open to debate.
Yes , they had Foote in 03-04 .

Old
03-15-2006, 07:30 PM
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
Yes , they had Foote in 03-04 .
We had Breezer on our side in 03-04

Old
03-15-2006, 07:32 PM