HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OHL Coaches Poll Out (Staal, Callahan, Pyatt, Petruzalek)

Closed Thread

Old
03-15-2006, 12:20 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

vCash: 500
OHL Coaches Poll Out (Staal, Callahan, Pyatt, Petruzalek)

Eastern Conference:
Hardest Worker
1. Bryan Little, Barrie Colts (28)
2. Tyler Haskins, Toronto St. MichaelŐs Majors (23)
3. Marc Staal, Sudbury Wolves (17)

Best Offensive Defensemen
1. Andrew Marshall, Barrie Colts (32)
2. Marc Staal, Sudbury Wolves (23)
3. Ben Shutron, Kingston Frontenacs (9)

Best Skater
1. Benoit Pouliot, Sudbury Wolves (19)
2. Jakub Petruzalek, Barrie Colts (18)
3. Jordan Morrison, Peterborough Petes (13)

Western Conference:
Best Defensive Forward
1. Tom Pyatt, Saginaw Spirit (30)
2. Ryan Callahan, Guelph Storm (15)

3. Paul McFarland, Windsor Spitfires (14)

Most Dangerous in the Goal Area
1. Rob Schremp, London Knights (41)
2. Mike Angelidis, Owen Sound Attack (21)
3. Ryan Callahan, Guelph Storm (14)

Smartest Player
1. Cal O'Reilly, Windsor Spitfires (27)
2. Ryan Callahan, Guelph Storm (26)
3. Dylan Hunter, London Knights (18)

Jeeze talk about Staal listening to the Rangers and really taking to heart them wanting him to work on his offensive game, went from a great defensive dman to being choosen as the 2nd best offensive defenceman in the OHL.

Its a good look: http://chl.ca/OHLNews0506/0314.html

Last edited by FLYLine24: 03-15-2006 at 03:34 PM.
Old
03-15-2006, 12:54 PM
Stormer

Western Conference poll came out as well. Callahan is in the top 3 in 3 catagories as well. Take a look at the OHL website under news. (Don't know how to cut asn paste here yet.......sorry!)

Old
03-15-2006, 01:29 PM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer
Western Conference poll came out as well. Callahan is in the top 3 in 3 catagories as well. Take a look at the OHL website under news. (Don't know how to cut asn paste here yet.......sorry!)
pyatt & callahan came in 1-2 in top defensive forward

Old
03-15-2006, 02:12 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer
Didn't even see the Western one, Thanks

It saids a lot when Callahan is dominating so much on the offensive part of the game and he gets 2nd in best defensive forward.

Old
03-15-2006, 03:23 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Hi Rag fans, sorry to bother you guys but I wanted to let you know how much of a great prospect you have in Ryan Callahan (or cally...what us Guelph fans call him). This guy does pretty much everything, he works hard, he plays hard, uses the body alot, has great offensive skills and never ever slacks off on the backcheck. Its no suprise he was voted one of the top defensive forwards. Cally also brings great leadership to the team and has that energy that hsi teammates feed off of.

He is an overage player but thats not what makes him so dominating on the ice, this season you can tell by watching him every game that he has something to prove. I'm not sure what the rangers told him to work on but whatever they told him he sure took to heart. I didn't think cally could get much better then he was last year but he has really suprised me, in a few years, I could really see him being a very good 2nd line player for your team.

Good luck with your season and look forward toward a great player coming into your pro system very soon.

Old
03-15-2006, 03:25 PM
Edge

Think Callahan has the potential to be a good ideal, third line type player who could pass for a second liner. Still see a lot of York in him.

Old
03-15-2006, 03:29 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Petruzalek was 2nd best skater on one of them.

Old
03-15-2006, 03:32 PM
romba

Send a message via AIM to romba
Best Skater

1 vote away from being tied for first. Not bad.

Old
03-15-2006, 03:34 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by romba
Best Skater

1 Vote away from being tied for first. Not bad.

Thanks 31 and Romba. Im going blind apparently.

Old
03-15-2006, 06:04 PM
storm fan

Edge, have you seen Callahan play in the OHL?

Old
03-15-2006, 06:08 PM
Fletch

Thanks SensFan...

pretty excited to see what he can do in the AHL.

Old
03-15-2006, 06:37 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm fan
Edge, have you seen Callahan play in the OHL?
Since he debuted, yup.

Old
03-15-2006, 07:13 PM
DarthSather99

Alot of our prospects have come on strong this year. I wonder if the Rookie Developmental camp inspired these guys to work on their games during the season.

Old
03-15-2006, 07:25 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99
Alot of our prospects have come on strong this year. I wonder if the Rookie Developmental camp inspired these guys to work on their games during the season.
I think it gives them a head's up on better training and what is expected of them.

They can take that knowledge back with them to their junior teams.

Old
03-16-2006, 01:32 AM
Pizza

Dare we dream it, but could the Rangers actually merit a reputation for developing talent?

Edge are you watching these Canadian junior games on a sat, cable or computer feed?
I'm looking to upgrade my viewing capabilites.

Old
03-16-2006, 02:04 AM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza
Edge are you watching these Canadian junior games on a sat, cable or computer feed?
I'm looking to upgrade my viewing capabilites.
I've been fortunate in that my career has allowed me to see hockey a lot.

Starting out in PR, working with the Rangers/MSG I had obvious access to things.

From there I moved onto working within the NHL (though not directly for them per say). That equaled a lot of travel time, access etc.

After that it was a combination of contacts and the PR firm I was a VP at had a room that was literally connected to just about every channel in the western hemisphere.

As a lawyer I have access now because of gov't affairs responsibilties. If I don't see it, I can get it. Either live or via tapes. If I can't get it, it doesn't exist.

At my peak, working within hockey I was probably taking in about (literally) 100 lives games a year. That doesn't count wathing over the games.

Yes that's pretty manical, but it's also why I was making VERY good money and what bridged me into law.

Now I'll say what I always say, I'm not a pro scout (though I had the opportunity to do that with SJ). What I express is my opinions and all I can give is my reasons behind them. I can't promise anything and like anyone else I'm gonna be wrong and I'm gonna be right. I've seen enough hockey to be able to make a solid, educated guess (thus my reputation around here) and I can usually fill it out with some "professional" opinions.

I do it because I love hockey (and baseball). Some people who do it for money like to take pot shots at the internet and its unnamed sources and wild rumors. I'm okay with that, because this isn't my job. I don't have anything to lose or gain by saying anything. If I didn't know what I was talking about, people wouldn't trust me. If they didn't trust me, they wouldn't listen and it'd be pretty pointless to talk to myself.

Whether people agree with me or not, they know I'm shooting straight with them and there's a reason behind my view.

And that's way longer of answer then you probably wanted

Old
03-16-2006, 06:42 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

You are one of the few posters that I value

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge

Starting out in PR, working with the Rangers/MSG I had obvious access to things.

From there I moved onto working within the NHL (though not directly for them per say). That equaled a lot of travel time, access etc.

After that it was a combination of contacts and the PR firm I was a VP at had a room that was literally connected to just about every channel in the western hemisphere.

As a lawyer I have access now because of gov't affairs responsibilties. If I don't see it, I can get it. Either live or via tapes. If I can't get it, it doesn't exist.

At my peak, working within hockey I was probably taking in about (literally) 100 lives games a year. That doesn't count wathing over the games.

Yes that's pretty manical, but it's also why I was making VERY good money and what bridged me into law.

Now I'll say what I always say, I'm not a pro scout (though I had the opportunity to do that with SJ). What I express is my opinions and all I can give is my reasons behind them. I can't promise anything and like anyone else I'm gonna be wrong and I'm gonna be right. I've seen enough hockey to be able to make a solid, educated guess (thus my reputation around here) and I can usually fill it out with some "professional" opinions.

I do it because I love hockey (and baseball). Some people who do it for money like to take pot shots at the internet and its unnamed sources and wild rumors. I'm okay with that, because this isn't my job. I don't have anything to lose or gain by saying anything. If I didn't know what I was talking about, people wouldn't trust me. If they didn't trust me, they wouldn't listen and it'd be pretty pointless to talk to myself.

Whether people agree with me or not, they know I'm shooting straight with them and there's a reason behind my view.

what you say and it is because I have felt that you were giving an honest assessment without any bias. Your opinion is based off what your own eyes see and what your experience tells you what you are seeing.

Old
03-16-2006, 11:06 AM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge

No problem with your answer. Thanks for sharing the detail. It just helps put your take on things into a better context.

Old
03-17-2006, 11:06 AM
wereback

Edge...

Edge. I don't post a lot on this board but i am on at least 2 hrs a day. I think your opinion is great on all hockey topics....i just cannot take you serious b/c of your avitar.......

Old
03-20-2006, 05:32 PM
storm fan

Leslie, you mentioned in one of your posts that Callahan might not get a NHL contract this year either. I was curious on what are you basing this prediction on?

Old
03-20-2006, 05:34 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Cally WILL get a contract, I'm curious too waiting for a response.

Old
03-21-2006, 09:23 AM
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff

I don't think I ever said that Callahan will not get a contract. As you know, last year he was offered an AHL contract and decided to return to his junior team. We shall see what the Rangers offer this year.

Last edited by Leslie Treff: 03-21-2006 at 09:33 AM.
Closed Thread