HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OHL Coaches Poll Out (Staal, Callahan, Pyatt, Petruzalek)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-15-2006, 12:20 PM
  #1
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,594
vCash: 500
OHL Coaches Poll Out (Staal, Callahan, Pyatt, Petruzalek)

Eastern Conference:
Hardest Worker
1. Bryan Little, Barrie Colts (28)
2. Tyler Haskins, Toronto St. MichaelŐs Majors (23)
3. Marc Staal, Sudbury Wolves (17)

Best Offensive Defensemen
1. Andrew Marshall, Barrie Colts (32)
2. Marc Staal, Sudbury Wolves (23)
3. Ben Shutron, Kingston Frontenacs (9)

Best Skater
1. Benoit Pouliot, Sudbury Wolves (19)
2. Jakub Petruzalek, Barrie Colts (18)
3. Jordan Morrison, Peterborough Petes (13)

Western Conference:
Best Defensive Forward
1. Tom Pyatt, Saginaw Spirit (30)
2. Ryan Callahan, Guelph Storm (15)

3. Paul McFarland, Windsor Spitfires (14)

Most Dangerous in the Goal Area
1. Rob Schremp, London Knights (41)
2. Mike Angelidis, Owen Sound Attack (21)
3. Ryan Callahan, Guelph Storm (14)

Smartest Player
1. Cal O'Reilly, Windsor Spitfires (27)
2. Ryan Callahan, Guelph Storm (26)
3. Dylan Hunter, London Knights (18)

Jeeze talk about Staal listening to the Rangers and really taking to heart them wanting him to work on his offensive game, went from a great defensive dman to being choosen as the 2nd best offensive defenceman in the OHL.


Its a good look: http://chl.ca/OHLNews0506/0314.html


Last edited by FLYLine24: 03-15-2006 at 03:34 PM.
FLYLine24 is offline  
Old
03-15-2006, 12:54 PM
  #2
Stormer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 63
vCash: 500
Western Conference poll came out as well. Callahan is in the top 3 in 3 catagories as well. Take a look at the OHL website under news. (Don't know how to cut asn paste here yet.......sorry!)

Stormer is offline  
Old
03-15-2006, 01:29 PM
  #3
NYR469
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 5,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer
Western Conference poll came out as well. Callahan is in the top 3 in 3 catagories as well. Take a look at the OHL website under news. (Don't know how to cut asn paste here yet.......sorry!)
pyatt & callahan came in 1-2 in top defensive forward

NYR469 is offline  
Old
03-15-2006, 02:12 PM
  #4
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer
Western Conference poll came out as well. Callahan is in the top 3 in 3 catagories as well. Take a look at the OHL website under news. (Don't know how to cut asn paste here yet.......sorry!)
Didn't even see the Western one, Thanks


It saids a lot when Callahan is dominating so much on the offensive part of the game and he gets 2nd in best defensive forward.

FLYLine24 is offline  
Old
03-15-2006, 03:23 PM
  #5
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 16,720
vCash: 500
Hi Rag fans, sorry to bother you guys but I wanted to let you know how much of a great prospect you have in Ryan Callahan (or cally...what us Guelph fans call him). This guy does pretty much everything, he works hard, he plays hard, uses the body alot, has great offensive skills and never ever slacks off on the backcheck. Its no suprise he was voted one of the top defensive forwards. Cally also brings great leadership to the team and has that energy that hsi teammates feed off of.

He is an overage player but thats not what makes him so dominating on the ice, this season you can tell by watching him every game that he has something to prove. I'm not sure what the rangers told him to work on but whatever they told him he sure took to heart. I didn't think cally could get much better then he was last year but he has really suprised me, in a few years, I could really see him being a very good 2nd line player for your team.

Good luck with your season and look forward toward a great player coming into your pro system very soon.

Jumbo* is offline  
Old
03-15-2006, 03:25 PM
  #6
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
Think Callahan has the potential to be a good ideal, third line type player who could pass for a second liner. Still see a lot of York in him.

Edge is offline  
Old
03-15-2006, 03:29 PM
  #7
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,936
vCash: 420
Petruzalek was 2nd best skater on one of them.

Thirty One is offline  
Old
03-15-2006, 03:32 PM
  #8
romba
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 2,041
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to romba
Best Skater
1. Benoit Pouliot, Sudbury Wolves (19)
2. Jakub Petruzalek, Barrie Colts (18)
3. Jordan Morrison, Peterborough Petes (13)

1 vote away from being tied for first. Not bad.

romba is offline  
Old
03-15-2006, 03:34 PM
  #9
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by romba
Best Skater
1. Benoit Pouliot, Sudbury Wolves (19)
2. Jakub Petruzalek, Barrie Colts (18)
3. Jordan Morrison, Peterborough Petes (13)

1 Vote away from being tied for first. Not bad.

Thanks 31 and Romba. Im going blind apparently.

FLYLine24 is offline  
Old
03-15-2006, 06:04 PM
  #10
storm fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 299
vCash: 500
Edge, have you seen Callahan play in the OHL?

storm fan is offline  
Old
03-15-2006, 06:08 PM
  #11
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,469
vCash: 500
Thanks SensFan...

pretty excited to see what he can do in the AHL.

Fletch is offline  
Old
03-15-2006, 06:37 PM
  #12
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by storm fan
Edge, have you seen Callahan play in the OHL?
Since he debuted, yup.

Edge is offline  
Old
03-15-2006, 07:13 PM
  #13
DarthSather99
Registered User
 
DarthSather99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,264
vCash: 500
Alot of our prospects have come on strong this year. I wonder if the Rookie Developmental camp inspired these guys to work on their games during the season.

DarthSather99 is offline  
Old
03-15-2006, 07:25 PM
  #14
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99
Alot of our prospects have come on strong this year. I wonder if the Rookie Developmental camp inspired these guys to work on their games during the season.
I think it gives them a head's up on better training and what is expected of them.

They can take that knowledge back with them to their junior teams.

Edge is offline  
Old
03-16-2006, 01:32 AM
  #15
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,150
vCash: 500
Dare we dream it, but could the Rangers actually merit a reputation for developing talent?

Edge are you watching these Canadian junior games on a sat, cable or computer feed?
I'm looking to upgrade my viewing capabilites.

Pizza is offline  
Old
03-16-2006, 02:04 AM
  #16
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza
Edge are you watching these Canadian junior games on a sat, cable or computer feed?
I'm looking to upgrade my viewing capabilites.
I've been fortunate in that my career has allowed me to see hockey a lot.

Starting out in PR, working with the Rangers/MSG I had obvious access to things.

From there I moved onto working within the NHL (though not directly for them per say). That equaled a lot of travel time, access etc.

After that it was a combination of contacts and the PR firm I was a VP at had a room that was literally connected to just about every channel in the western hemisphere.

As a lawyer I have access now because of gov't affairs responsibilties. If I don't see it, I can get it. Either live or via tapes. If I can't get it, it doesn't exist.

At my peak, working within hockey I was probably taking in about (literally) 100 lives games a year. That doesn't count wathing over the games.

Yes that's pretty manical, but it's also why I was making VERY good money and what bridged me into law.

Now I'll say what I always say, I'm not a pro scout (though I had the opportunity to do that with SJ). What I express is my opinions and all I can give is my reasons behind them. I can't promise anything and like anyone else I'm gonna be wrong and I'm gonna be right. I've seen enough hockey to be able to make a solid, educated guess (thus my reputation around here) and I can usually fill it out with some "professional" opinions.

I do it because I love hockey (and baseball). Some people who do it for money like to take pot shots at the internet and its unnamed sources and wild rumors. I'm okay with that, because this isn't my job. I don't have anything to lose or gain by saying anything. If I didn't know what I was talking about, people wouldn't trust me. If they didn't trust me, they wouldn't listen and it'd be pretty pointless to talk to myself.

Whether people agree with me or not, they know I'm shooting straight with them and there's a reason behind my view.

And that's way longer of answer then you probably wanted

Edge is offline  
Old
03-16-2006, 06:42 AM
  #17
ATLANTARANGER*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Atlanta, B&R in NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,649
vCash: 500
You are one of the few posters that I value

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
I've been fortunate in that my career has allowed me to see hockey a lot.

Starting out in PR, working with the Rangers/MSG I had obvious access to things.

From there I moved onto working within the NHL (though not directly for them per say). That equaled a lot of travel time, access etc.

After that it was a combination of contacts and the PR firm I was a VP at had a room that was literally connected to just about every channel in the western hemisphere.

As a lawyer I have access now because of gov't affairs responsibilties. If I don't see it, I can get it. Either live or via tapes. If I can't get it, it doesn't exist.

At my peak, working within hockey I was probably taking in about (literally) 100 lives games a year. That doesn't count wathing over the games.

Yes that's pretty manical, but it's also why I was making VERY good money and what bridged me into law.

Now I'll say what I always say, I'm not a pro scout (though I had the opportunity to do that with SJ). What I express is my opinions and all I can give is my reasons behind them. I can't promise anything and like anyone else I'm gonna be wrong and I'm gonna be right. I've seen enough hockey to be able to make a solid, educated guess (thus my reputation around here) and I can usually fill it out with some "professional" opinions.

I do it because I love hockey (and baseball). Some people who do it for money like to take pot shots at the internet and its unnamed sources and wild rumors. I'm okay with that, because this isn't my job. I don't have anything to lose or gain by saying anything. If I didn't know what I was talking about, people wouldn't trust me. If they didn't trust me, they wouldn't listen and it'd be pretty pointless to talk to myself.

Whether people agree with me or not, they know I'm shooting straight with them and there's a reason behind my view.

And that's way longer of answer then you probably wanted
what you say and it is because I have felt that you were giving an honest assessment without any bias. Your opinion is based off what your own eyes see and what your experience tells you what you are seeing.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline  
Old
03-16-2006, 11:06 AM
  #18
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
I've been fortunate in that my career has allowed me to see hockey a lot.

Starting out in PR, working with the Rangers/MSG I had obvious access to things.

From there I moved onto working within the NHL (though not directly for them per say). That equaled a lot of travel time, access etc.

After that it was a combination of contacts and the PR firm I was a VP at had a room that was literally connected to just about every channel in the western hemisphere.

As a lawyer I have access now because of gov't affairs responsibilties. If I don't see it, I can get it. Either live or via tapes. If I can't get it, it doesn't exist.

At my peak, working within hockey I was probably taking in about (literally) 100 lives games a year. That doesn't count wathing over the games.

Yes that's pretty manical, but it's also why I was making VERY good money and what bridged me into law.

Now I'll say what I always say, I'm not a pro scout (though I had the opportunity to do that with SJ). What I express is my opinions and all I can give is my reasons behind them. I can't promise anything and like anyone else I'm gonna be wrong and I'm gonna be right. I've seen enough hockey to be able to make a solid, educated guess (thus my reputation around here) and I can usually fill it out with some "professional" opinions.

I do it because I love hockey (and baseball). Some people who do it for money like to take pot shots at the internet and its unnamed sources and wild rumors. I'm okay with that, because this isn't my job. I don't have anything to lose or gain by saying anything. If I didn't know what I was talking about, people wouldn't trust me. If they didn't trust me, they wouldn't listen and it'd be pretty pointless to talk to myself.

Whether people agree with me or not, they know I'm shooting straight with them and there's a reason behind my view.

And that's way longer of answer then you probably wanted
No problem with your answer. Thanks for sharing the detail. It just helps put your take on things into a better context.

Pizza is offline  
Old
03-17-2006, 11:06 AM
  #19
wereback
Registered User
 
wereback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 620
vCash: 500
Edge...

Edge. I don't post a lot on this board but i am on at least 2 hrs a day. I think your opinion is great on all hockey topics....i just cannot take you serious b/c of your avitar.......

wereback is offline  
Old
03-20-2006, 05:32 PM
  #20
storm fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 299
vCash: 500
Leslie, you mentioned in one of your posts that Callahan might not get a NHL contract this year either. I was curious on what are you basing this prediction on?

storm fan is offline  
Old
03-20-2006, 05:34 PM
  #21
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,594
vCash: 500
Cally WILL get a contract, I'm curious too waiting for a response.

FLYLine24 is offline  
Old
03-21-2006, 09:23 AM
  #22
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,226
vCash: 500
I don't think I ever said that Callahan will not get a contract. As you know, last year he was offered an AHL contract and decided to return to his junior team. We shall see what the Rangers offer this year.


Last edited by Leslie Treff: 03-21-2006 at 09:33 AM.
Leslie Treff is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.