HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryder = AHL material

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2006, 01:27 PM
mikeg

vCash: 500
holy bandwaggon rolling...

as far as i am concerned the kid proved himself the year the bulldogs were in the playoffs and he played injured..

he might not be 100% right now.. but he has proven in the past that an injury will not stop him from trying..

mike

Old
03-17-2006, 01:54 PM
Matrix

True that nowadays Ryder plays like Duncan Milroy. Tons of talent but no grit and no dedication. But when you know it's there, it can't get any lower and could only go up.

But that injury excuse need to stop. If the fact that he's injured while playing means that he's a liability, why would you play him anyway. He's too injured to score or to play defense, what's the point of using him.

Also, it would be very stupid from Gainey to blame a guy knowing that he's hurt. He's the only player he mentioned after last night's loss and if he knew he was hurt, he would not have criticizing him the way he did.

Old
03-17-2006, 02:02 PM
ForsbergForever
Red Rocket

If Ryder doesn't deserve to be on the team nobody does. This team is getting zero offense, the Habs are 26/30 in goals scored which is right around where they always seem to be. Its hard to gain any ground in a playoff race when the guys being paid to put the puck in the net aren't. Koivu, Kovalev, Ribeiro, Ryder, Zednik and Bulis are all cold as the ice they skate on and i can't understand why, chemistry? fatigue? lack of talent? in any case the team (aka Gainey) definitely needs to address this problem and trade or sign a bonafide sniper. I don't care if the guy is -35 in +/- so long as he scores 50, i thought Kovalev could fill this role but it seems all his slick skating adds up to little on the score sheet, a highlight reel goal once a month doesn't help the team much in the standings. I wonder if this team will ever be known for its offense again like it was a few decades back instead of its life or death realiance on steller goaltending.

Old
03-17-2006, 06:53 PM
Lestriker

Send a message via MSN to Lestriker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
I hope this is not an argument against Ryder because that would make you the least credible poster here after NewHabsArea.
Actually, as much as I don't like him, it's argument in favor of Ryder.

He's a sniper and he belongs to the NHL for sure. But he has to position himself better in the offensive zone right now, and he needs to start developing an all around game, not just rely on his deadly wrister.

Old
03-17-2006, 07:09 PM
Montrealer

I'm always impressed with the threads here when the team loses a game or two.

Here, you can roll your own!

[HABS PLAYER YOU PERSONALLY DISLIKE] has been stinking up the joint this year!!!11 He should be [SENT DOWN TO HAMILTON/TRADED/WAIVED/SHOT] because he's no better than [PEREZHOGIN/DAGENAIS/PLEKANEC/STREIT/DANIS] and he's never going to be the same [PLAYER/GOALIE] he used to be. I don't care if he [RECOVERED FROM CANCER/EXCEEDED EXPECTATIONS/WON A HART TROPHY], he's useless now and the Habs would be better off without him. Man, this is all [GAINEY/HOULE]'s fault!!!!!!!

Old
03-17-2006, 07:13 PM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealer

[HABS PLAYER YOU PERSONALLY DISLIKE] has been stinking up the joint this year!!!11 He should be [SENT DOWN TO HAMILTON/TRADED/WAIVED/SHOT] because he's no better than [PEREZHOGIN/DAGENAIS/PLEKANEC/STREIT/DANIS] and he's never going to be the same [PLAYER/GOALIE] he used to be. I don't care if he [RECOVERED FROM CANCER/EXCEEDED EXPECTATIONS/WON A HART TROPHY], he's useless now and the Habs would be better off without him. Man, this is all [GAINEY/HOULE]'s fault!!!!!!!

So true...

This thread is bull ****.

Old
03-17-2006, 07:14 PM
Medicine Twin

Quote:

That is so friggin hilarious!! Sticky this post as a new thread and call it "The Whiner Template."

Old
03-17-2006, 07:25 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 1012
Come on guys, it is easy to figure out why Ryder sucks now... He was a Leafs fan growing up!

Old
03-17-2006, 07:37 PM
Lobstertainment
Oh no, my brains.

Send a message via MSN to Lobstertainment
Quote:
Originally Posted by shealy04
now on the Leafs board, those people are just ignorant, so blast away
And to think I came here to join in on the discussion

Old
03-17-2006, 08:54 PM
Teufelsdreck

Ryder held out because of Gainey's hardball negotiation strategy. Could that play a role?

Old
03-17-2006, 09:05 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

I hope Ryder doesn't turn into Jim Campbell. A guy who was a failry decent sniper for his first couple seasons and then completely disappears.

When, Ryder struggles, he does remind me alot of Jim Campbell. Heck, even when he shoots, he reminds me of Jim Campbell a little bit.

Ryder needs to use his body more and when he's struggling. He's not earning his chances right now which is usually the first step of getting out of a slump. He needs to work the way he was working in his rookie year.

At least Gainey only signed him to a one year contract. Ryder isn't really in a position command a big raise so we can get him back at a pretty decent price. Advantage, Mr. Gainey.

Old
03-17-2006, 09:23 PM
oli500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett
I hope Ryder doesn't turn into Jim Campbell. A guy who was a failry decent sniper for his first couple seasons and then completely disappears.

When, Ryder struggles, he does remind me alot of Jim Campbell. Heck, even when he shoots, he reminds me of Jim Campbell a little bit.

Ryder needs to use his body more and when he's struggling. He's not earning his chances right now which is usually the first step of getting out of a slump. He needs to work the way he was working in his rookie year.

At least Gainey only signed him to a one year contract. Ryder isn't really in a position command a big raise so we can get him back at a pretty decent price. Advantage, Mr. Gainey.

Youre comparing micheal ryder to jim campbell

Old
03-17-2006, 09:41 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500
Youre comparing micheal ryder to jim campbell
wow, 4 shakeheads... is that out of 5 shakeheads?

Relax, I'm only comparing the two because they are/were both snipers in this league with the same attributes.

That doesn't mean I think Ryder is gonna dissapear... I'm just throwing it out there

Old
03-18-2006, 10:21 AM
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick_adonis
During his rookie season in the NHL, I can't remember how many times I cursed at the TV cuz Ryder had shot the puck from behind the net or something rather than pass the puck to a guy who was completely open. He has extremely poor vision, and he always has.

Of all the bandwagon type negative comments being made about Ryder this year (including the rediculous and boring comments consistently made by poster Markov) this has to be the creme de la creme (excuse my French) because it is total propaganda.

Old
03-18-2006, 10:25 AM
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicine Twin

That is so friggin hilarious!! Sticky this post as a new thread and call it "The Whiner Template."

I'd second that!

Old
03-18-2006, 10:35 AM
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix

Also, it would be very stupid from Gainey to blame a guy knowing that he's hurt. He's the only player he mentioned after last night's loss and if he knew he was hurt, he would not have criticizing him the way he did.
He did??? Please show me the exact quote where Gainey criticised Ryder. I don't think for a minute that Gainey is so small minded that he would single out one player for the teams failure. Well, if he did, then he would be acknowleging that Ryder is by far the most important player on the team.

Old
03-18-2006, 10:45 AM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Anybody still think he's better than Bergeron?

Old
03-18-2006, 10:51 AM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41
Anybody still think he's better than Bergeron?
No, but Ryder does have a shot at playing in the playoffs this year.

Old
03-18-2006, 10:53 AM
Turbo

Quote:

This is a classic! Post of the day!!!

Old
03-18-2006, 11:04 AM
slick_adonis

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty
Of all the bandwagon type negative comments being made about Ryder this year (including the rediculous and boring comments consistently made by poster Markov) this has to be the creme de la creme (excuse my French) because it is total propaganda.
Do yourself a favor and actually watch some old tapes of games from the 2003-2004 season.

Old
03-18-2006, 11:49 AM
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick_adonis
Do yourself a favor and actually watch some old tapes of games from the 2003-2004 season.
My friend, outside 9 or 10 games, I saw all of the other Habs games including playoffs and your claims about Ryder are so rediculous that I think they say alot about you as a person - enough said. Please go and get yourself a life.

Old
03-18-2006, 11:59 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea
I always doubted Ryder had the skills, agility and the hockey sense to play in the NHL... He is a liability even strenght, less worst than a guy like Dagenais but still a liability!
Your an idiot, I hope it was simple enough for you to read!

We need goal scorinig all around to win right now, no one is putting the puck in the net...think about it!

Old
03-18-2006, 12:04 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett

First off, what goal scorer doesn't struggle? Before Cheechoo had Thornton he was goal-less in something like 8 games and had a low goal total, maybe we need a better centre for Ryder and I'm not bashing Koivu because he has obvious chemstry with Higgins and with Selanne in the Worlds, but he hasn't clicked with Kovalev or Ryder...Ryder actually had more chemistry with Ribs. Maybe Kovalev with Ribs and Ryder would be better and put Perezhogin on the line with Higgins and Saku?

2ndly Ryder is one of our top hitters after Begin and Bulis at forward...check it out at habsworld.net because the stats are there.

Every goal scorer slumps, only thing is that isn't allowed in Montreal because some fans here obviously don;t watch the other 29 teams to see that!

Old
03-18-2006, 02:14 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

If another team valued him the way some posters do (as a young sniper, future 40 goal scorer who plays with grit), I wouldn't hesitate to deal him for a good D or C or even a high draft pick to select someone that TT and AS particularly covet.

I don't subscribe to the AHLer theory, but I don't see him as a future star. I think his value is as high as it will be.

Old
03-18-2006, 02:23 PM
Quiet Robert

Quote:

Gold! Oh man, that's funny.

Closed Thread