HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Ryder = AHL material

Closed Thread

Old
03-18-2006, 02:40 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyHeatley#1Fan
Come on guys, it is easy to figure out why Ryder sucks now... He was a Leafs fan growing up!
it explains him being bad in the playoffs last year. he thinks you're supposed to lose...

Old
03-18-2006, 02:41 PM
Prrebel

vCash: 500
If you factor in the sophmore slump of the top rookies from last year, Mike is looking pretty good.
Carey..... I mean Raycroft is 8-18-2 with a 3.67 GAA and a 880 save %.
Hunter - 13 18 31 -3
Ruutu - 2 2 4 -1

Makes Mikes, 24 18 42 -6, with 5 Game winners, seem pretty good.

Old
03-18-2006, 04:33 PM
slick_adonis

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty
My friend, outside 9 or 10 games, I saw all of the other Habs games including playoffs and your claims about Ryder are so rediculous that I think they say alot about you as a person - enough said. Please go and get yourself a life.
LOL...ok, let me collect myself here...

First of all, I'm not the only person who has said these things about Ryder.

Secondly, why did you decide to make this personal??? I'm just saying that I think Ryder is an overrated player, as some other people happen to think by the by. Then you attempt to correlate my hockey opinion to the type of person I am and tell me to get a life...LOL...am I the only who finds this funny? I don't think you suck at life because you happen to like how Ryder plays, hahaha...

Dude, you are one crazy mofo!!!

Old
03-18-2006, 04:52 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
First off, what goal scorer doesn't struggle? Before Cheechoo had Thornton he was goal-less in something like 8 games and had a low goal total, maybe we need a better centre for Ryder and I'm not bashing Koivu because he has obvious chemstry with Higgins and with Selanne in the Worlds, but he hasn't clicked with Kovalev or Ryder...Ryder actually had more chemistry with Ribs. Maybe Kovalev with Ribs and Ryder would be better and put Perezhogin on the line with Higgins and Saku?

2ndly Ryder is one of our top hitters after Begin and Bulis at forward...check it out at habsworld.net because the stats are there.

Every goal scorer slumps, only thing is that isn't allowed in Montreal because some fans here obviously don;t watch the other 29 teams to see that!
I only got one shakehead there... thats an improvement

Personally, I dont think Ryder is gonna turn into Campbell but this sort of thing has happeed before where a guy becomes a sniper and all of suden loses it like Campbell, Dawe, or Holzinger etc...

Anyways, he is a RFA at the end of the season and I think Gainey did the right thing only to sign him to a one year deal. There were people ont these boards that were pissed off early in the year that ryder wasn't given more money and a longer contract and I think that was wrong. Gainey did the right thing. Now, Gainey can sign him to a 25 goal scorer contract while he might put up 35 goals.

Old
03-18-2006, 08:00 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty
He did??? Please show me the exact quote where Gainey criticised Ryder. I don't think for a minute that Gainey is so small minded that he would single out one player for the teams failure. Well, if he did, then he would be acknowleging that Ryder is by far the most important player on the team.
I was just reading about what Matrix said....Last paragraph of the page, if you read French.

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20.../5157/CPSPORTS

Old
03-18-2006, 10:10 PM
jonny5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett
I only got one shakehead there... thats an improvement

Personally, I dont think Ryder is gonna turn into Campbell but this sort of thing has happeed before where a guy becomes a sniper and all of suden loses it like Campbell, Dawe, or Holzinger etc...

Anyways, he is a RFA at the end of the season and I think Gainey did the right thing only to sign him to a one year deal. There were people ont these boards that were pissed off early in the year that ryder wasn't given more money and a longer contract and I think that was wrong. Gainey did the right thing. Now, Gainey can sign him to a 25 goal scorer contract while he might put up 35 goals.
It was Ryder who wanted the 1 yr contract, not Gainey. Gainey was offering a 2 yr proposal and a 3 yr proposal.

Old
03-18-2006, 10:20 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny5
It was Ryder who wanted the 1 yr contract, not Gainey. Gainey was offering a 2 yr proposal and a 3 yr proposal.
If I remember correctly, Ryder wasn't against a multi year contract but he wanted different numbers so gainey gave him a one year deal

Old
03-18-2006, 11:46 PM
LeMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
What's he doing that any of our other center's can't?

Well i'd say he's our second best offensive player. Plus he's our best defensive foward. Overall he's our 3rd best player, behind Markov and Kovalev.

Can Ribeiro put out the same offensive numbers, maybe. Can Plekanec be as good denfensivly, maybe.

Now, how does that makes Koivu a bad player??????

Old
03-19-2006, 02:25 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett
Personally I hope Ryder gets traded to a team where he can play with a legit centre and he comes back to haunt the doubting fans here like Leclair did! God, can't people here see what Thornton did for Cheechoo? Players like Cheechoo and Hull are snipers and they always had good setup men, if Ryder was playing with a Thornton type centre I guarantee he would be 40 goal scorer easily, look at the centres he has played with this year in Ribs and Saku...neither are top end and he still has over 20+ goals.

Ryder leaving will come back to haunt us, especially since no one on this team seems to know how to score after Ryder and Kovalev. If Gainey was smart he would use that extra cap space to bring a true centre iceman to take over the #1 spot because Koivu isn't a true top centre, look at Ryder and Kovalev neitehr can gel with him because he isn't the setup type centre goal scorers need.

Everyone blames Ryder all the time, maybe look past him and start blaming the rest of the team or at least some of his linemates.

Old
03-19-2006, 07:15 PM
tritone

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea
I always doubted Ryder had the skills, agility and the hockey sense to play in the NHL... He is a liability even strenght, less worst than a guy like Dagenais but still a liability!
Cheese with that......nevermind

Old
03-25-2006, 09:14 PM
habgab

Seems Ryder, that AHL player, did ok tonight when it counted. Got a couple of goals, named second star of the game by CBC (not RDS, of course, as his only connection to Quebec is that maybe his forefathers fished off the Gaspe Peninsula centuries ago) and did the best he could to help Saku find the back of the net, albeit to no avail.

Maybe, if he is lucky, he will find his way out of Montreal next year and play somewhere where the fans can appreciate his strengths.

Old
03-25-2006, 09:17 PM
HabsBaby18*

2 goals

Old
03-25-2006, 09:18 PM
VanNistelrooy

Ryder did a good game, but he should'nt be 2nd star imo

Old
03-25-2006, 09:20 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by habgab
Seems Ryder, that AHL player, did ok tonight when it counted. Got a couple of goals, named second star of the game by CBC (not RDS, of course, as his only connection to Quebec is that maybe his forefathers fished off the Gaspe Peninsula centuries ago) and did the best he could to help Saku find the back of the net, albeit to no avail.

Maybe, if he is lucky, he will find his way out of Montreal next year and play somewhere where the fans can appreciate his strengths.
pretty bold 1st post, MIKE RYDER really.... really.... doesnt score nice goals, i mean you could put Belak at LW where Ryder plays on the PP and score 27 goals. The only 2 nice goals ive seen him score this year were in pre-season in the practice shootouts and that slapshot top corner on Martin Brodeur in New Jersey.

Old
03-25-2006, 09:26 PM
SuperUnknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_Zednik
pretty bold 1st post, MIKE RYDER really.... really.... doesnt score nice goals, i mean you could put Belak at LW where Ryder plays on the PP and score 27 goals. The only 2 nice goals ive seen him score this year were in pre-season in the practice shootouts and that slapshot top corner on Martin Brodeur in New Jersey.
That's the dumbest thing I've heard in a while. If anyone can do it, why doesn't anyone else on the Habs have as many goals?

Old
03-25-2006, 09:30 PM
Nova_Scotia_Vees

still think he's AHL material? LOL

Old
03-25-2006, 09:32 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smail
That's the dumbest thing I've heard in a while. If anyone can do it, why doesn't anyone else on the Habs have as many goals?

agreed. Ryder has one of the best releases on the team after Kovalev. It hasn't been a great year but he did set a career high in goals and has 52 goals in his first 2 seasons.

Old
03-25-2006, 10:02 PM
jonny5

Quote:
There are times when I really wonder why I read this board. There are posters here who would find faults in the Habs even if we had the top five scoring leaders in our starting line-up. "Trade Bonk" - 2 goals in a very, very, important game. "Send Ryder to AHL" - 2 goals in very, very, important game.
I'm beginning to agree with some others who have said that Ryder would be more appreciated on another team.

Old
03-25-2006, 10:07 PM
deandebean

Quote:

C'est une joke, je suis certain.

It's called finding the open ice. It's a gift, not something you learn. Steve Shutt was like that.

Old
03-26-2006, 01:22 AM
TwineSniper

Send a message via MSN to TwineSniper
Awesome. Where is NewHabsArea now?

He is the embodiment of the worse type of fan, only speaks up when the team is on a slide.

Who knows, in person, he could be a wonderful human being, but, on these boards, as a hab fan, he is a piece of ****.

ban me if you must. Moderators should censor these type of people, the so-called "drive-by" poster.

Old
03-26-2006, 06:31 AM
habgab

Quote:
The last time I checked, nice goals, not nice goals and garbage goals all counted. It seems that you want someone to go end to end, leaving the defence in his wake and the goalie looking like a minor hockey player and then, picking the top corner, roofing a beauty. Yeah, maybe Ryder has not shown any ability to do that - so what, he can score. If people who can only put in 25 to 30 goals belong in the AHL, well, there goes the league.

As for "pretty bold 1st post", I hadn't realized that the first post was limited to agreeing with the ridiculous comments made about the various Hab's players whose contributions, whatever they may be, were unreasonably criticized. Ryder's contribution to the Habs is to score goals, and he does, again and again. Take him out of the Montreal equation as it currently exists, and the team is in last place in the NHL. In my opinion, the team got pretty good value on the money it spent for Ryder.

Old
03-26-2006, 08:52 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean
C'est une joke, je suis certain.

It's called finding the open ice. It's a gift, not something you learn. Steve Shutt was like that.
D.,D.,D., you just aren't getting hockey 101. 18 stylish goals have a higher value than 27 lip of the crease goals. Now that we've settled that, Ryder has had a tough year in a lot of respects. He turns the puck over in all 3 zones more than he'd like to, and it puts his line on the defensive too often. otoh, I believe that he's serious about playing better and will get things worked out. The key is that if he doesn't excel at other parts of the game, he has to bury his chances. Well, he does that. If you're all around game is struggling, you have to excel at your strong points. That's why you can have a 4 goal man like Bonk in the lineup if he's doing a great job on the pk. You have to find something that helps the team and a struggling offensive team can't dismiss 27 goals. I wouldn't blame some of his problems this year on linemates, Ryder has a mirror, I doubt he's making excuses.

Old
03-26-2006, 05:56 PM
jonny5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
D.,D.,D., you just aren't getting hockey 101. 18 stylish goals have a higher value than 27 lip of the crease goals. Now that we've settled that, Ryder has had a tough year in a lot of respects. He turns the puck over in all 3 zones more than he'd like to, and it puts his line on the defensive too often. otoh, I believe that he's serious about playing better and will get things worked out. The key is that if he doesn't excel at other parts of the game, he has to bury his chances. Well, he does that. If you're all around game is struggling, you have to excel at your strong points. That's why you can have a 4 goal man like Bonk in the lineup if he's doing a great job on the pk. You have to find something that helps the team and a struggling offensive team can't dismiss 27 goals. I wouldn't blame some of his problems this year on linemates, Ryder has a mirror, I doubt he's making excuses.
Well said!!! Michael Ryder would be the first person to tell you that, his problems this year, are just that, his problems. He does not point any fingers, or place any blame on any linemates. He has said often that he is not playing the game as he did in 03-04, and he keeps working to get that game back. If there is one thing I honestly know about Michael, is the fact that he will take complete responsibility for his mistakes, and he will keep working hard to correct his game.

Old
03-26-2006, 06:04 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by habgab

As for "pretty bold 1st post", I hadn't realized that the first post was limited to agreeing with the ridiculous comments made about the various Hab's players whose contributions, whatever they may be, were unreasonably criticized. .
I would appreciate blind support for every ridiculous thing I say, in fact it's a board rule. MY ego and insecurities demand no less.

Old
03-26-2006, 07:20 PM
habgab

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
I would appreciate blind support for every ridiculous thing I say, in fact it's a board rule. MY ego and insecurities demand no less.
haha, well I am new here, sorry.

Ryder is playing well tonight, don't you think?

Closed Thread