HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Gainey/Carbo and Julienism...

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2006, 01:55 AM
Slick Nick

vCash: 500
Gainey/Carbo and Julienism...

I liked Julien as an indivisual and as a coach, wasn't always on the same note, but... but... there was something I HATED from coach Julien, and I saw it tonight! While the team wasn't playing well, if any bad change resulted in a goal, Julien used to rematch the players that were on the ice for the goal; deviding the lines. Tonight, again, Perezhogin was one of the best forwards for the Habs, but when after helping his linemates setting up in the offensive zone, he went to change for Bégin.. we scored. Next shift, instead of the usual 42-71-27 line, Gainey played Bégin (!!!) instead of zhogy who had a great game so far... what happend, total lack of cohesion, Bégin dosen't cover his man = 2 on 1, goal.

This is a coaching error if you ask me. The line played well.. I missed the first period, but in the second and third thay looked as our most dangerous line. Don't fix something that's working.

I must be wrong somewhere, tell me.

Old
03-17-2006, 02:02 AM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick
I liked Julien as an indivisual and as a coach, wasn't always on the same note, but... but... there was something I HATED from coach Julien, and I saw it tonight! While the team wasn't playing well, if any bad change resulted in a goal, Julien used to rematch the players that were on the ice for the goal; deviding the lines. Tonight, again, Perezhogin was one of the best forwards for the Habs, but when after helping his linemates setting up in the offensive zone, he went to change for Bégin.. we scored. Next shift, instead of the usual 42-71-27 line, Gainey played Bégin (!!!) instead of zhogy who had a great game so far... what happend, total lack of cohesion, Bégin dosen't cover his man = 2 on 1, goal.

This is a coaching error if you ask me. The line played well.. I missed the first period, but in the second and third thay looked as our most dangerous line. Don't fix something that's working.

I must be wrong somewhere, tell me.
People just don't like Perez... its funny to see hab fans who are so ready to give him up but keep Kostitsyn...when we know Perez has a better track record. man... keep both..matter of fact, i'd rather we kept all out players until we didn't need em...f trading the kids. Give the kids their chances and i agree with a line given before...

Perez-Koivu-Kovy
Higgins-Plecanek- anyone (b-cuz those guys have so much chemistry together it doesn't matter if they don't have another player - see pk - )

i want Pleks and Higgs 2gether... Perez with koivu and kovy...and if Koivu is sleeping...we have a problem (do not...do not jump all over his back just b-cuz favorite scapegoat theo is gone...)

Old
03-17-2006, 02:05 AM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
also why did begin get more ice time than koivu?

Old
03-17-2006, 02:33 AM
CoupeStanley

Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanye West
People just don't like Perez... its funny to see hab fans who are so ready to give him up but keep Kostitsyn...when we know Perez has a better track record. man... keep both..matter of fact, i'd rather we kept all out players until we didn't need em...f trading the kids. Give the kids their chances and i agree with a line given before...
IMO, at this point the difference between Perezhogin and Kostistyn is that while Perez has shown is star potential much more often than Kostystin, the latter could become a superstar. He made some play that only the great could do... that doesnt happen nearly enough though.

I don't like trading young players, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Bob trade Perezhogin in the summer..

Old
03-17-2006, 07:39 AM
LePoche69

Quote:
To me, Koivu is probably playing his worse hockey of his career right now. But you know what? The only conclusion that it leads me to is : Injury.

But even injured, I'd rather have him in the lineup than Sunny or Downey.

..and we should never forget that he's also playing with Ryder who's also playing his worse hockey, and Higgins who try hard but who's still a rookie and therefore is pretty streaky as far as Offensive production is concerned (not talking about overall game).

Koivu has shown for about 10 years that he's a natural energy guy and offensive dynamo (no matter the numbers). In my life, every time I saw that type of player playing that bad, it was because of injuries.
Usually, if it's only a bad slump, that type of player tends to play with "too much" and "over" energy to regain their game, which is obviously not Koivu's case right now. So it's injury to me.

Old
03-17-2006, 07:47 AM
deandebean

Quote:

Because Bégin was one of the few to understand the game plan. Koivu and the others were dipsydoodling like they always do. Plus, he had plenty of PK time.

Old
03-17-2006, 08:56 AM
Teufelsdreck

I cannot fathom why anyone would predict superstardom for Kostitsyn when he hasn't shown the hockey instincts of a great player. Ovechkin is a year younger than K and Crosby is 2 years younger, yet the moment they appeared on NHL ice they looked like veterans. The same was true of Higgins, who, although far from a superstar, immediately looked as though he knew what he was doing. K and Perezhogin are still projects.

Old
03-17-2006, 09:56 AM
Malefic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69
To me, Koivu is probably playing his worse hockey of his career right now. But you know what? The only conclusion that it leads me to is : Injury.

But even injured, I'd rather have him in the lineup than Sunny or Downey.

..and we should never forget that he's also playing with Ryder who's also playing his worse hockey, and Higgins who try hard but who's still a rookie and therefore is pretty streaky as far as Offensive production is concerned (not talking about overall game).

Koivu has shown for about 10 years that he's a natural energy guy and offensive dynamo (no matter the numbers). In my life, every time I saw that type of player playing that bad, it was because of injuries.
Usually, if it's only a bad slump, that type of player tends to play with "too much" and "over" energy to regain their game, which is obviously not Koivu's case right now. So it's injury to me.
My guess is fatigue. He was balls to the wall for Finland in Italy and nobody can keep that level of intensity up for this long. The same thing is happening to Jagr in New York and Selanne in Anaheim. I would further guess that Gainey has recognized this and has tried to cut Saku's icetime to give him some rest. He can't afford to sit him out a couple of games because we're chasing a playoff spot, but if a game gets out of reach he can afford to rest him on the bench. Ditto for Kovy.

It could also be an injury, though I doubt it. Even hurt Saku plays with a lot of fire and intensity (playoffs vs Boston) but right now that isn't there. I think he needs a bit of a break frankly. Hopefully all the home games on the sched will help him and Kovy and Markov recover from their Olympic hangovers....

Old
03-17-2006, 11:00 AM
GoHabsGO252006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck
I cannot fathom why anyone would predict superstardom for Kostitsyn when he hasn't shown the hockey instincts of a great player. Ovechkin is a year younger than K and Crosby is 2 years younger, yet the moment they appeared on NHL ice they looked like veterans. The same was true of Higgins, who, although far from a superstar, immediately looked as though he knew what he was doing. K and Perezhogin are still projects.
I disagree with you, in the few games he played this year Kosty looked to fit in very well. He's bigger and handles the physical aspect much better than Zhogs and his great stickhandling and creativity were very apparent.

Zhogs has world class speed but his stickhandling is marginal and contrary to what I thought originally his creativity is average and to this point I haven't seen a great shot. He really struggles understanding how to get in the scoring areas. The only opportunities he gets are as a result of his speed and he hasn't finnished at all this year .

Old
03-17-2006, 11:09 AM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck
I guess you're neither a Hejduk or Datsyuk fan. There are countless players that took more time then generational players like Crosby and Ovechkin. They are the worst examples you could find.

Old
03-17-2006, 11:12 AM
tinyzombies

Gainey is still trying to find offense from this group. Just because Perezhogin is one of our prized prospects doesn't mean he gets a place in the top 6 automatically. He has to produce. We need more offense.

He moved Bonk to RW too, I think because of that nice move he made coming off the right wing a couple games ago. Obviously, he's trying to find something that works.

Even though our systems are better and we've won more games lately, a lot of guys are slumping.

The one thing that bothers me about Perez is when he is around the net. No killer instinct whatsoever. He made that beautiful move last night, Gerber was forced to go down and give him the whole top of the net. He had the angle, but went to the OTHER corner, which he didn't have, and put it into Gerber's logo. I mean, he has to show more than that...

Closed Thread