HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

NY Islanders vs Florida Panthers: 3/17 7:30pm FSN..

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2006, 08:37 PM
Islanders4Life*

vCash: 500
Satan!

Old
03-17-2006, 08:40 PM
Eman Resu

That was a beautiful play.... I was beginning to fall asleep there. This game is tough to watch after the excitement of last night.

Tampa still leading 3-1... but if we don't win tonight, that really won't matter.

I really feel the loss of York tonight. I think Hunter does too.

Old
03-17-2006, 08:44 PM
BillD

Shaw replaced Nilsson with PuckHog on Yashin line.
Why???????????

Old
03-17-2006, 08:45 PM
boredmale

good news...Philly scored
bad news...tampa scored just before them

4-2 Tampa

Old
03-17-2006, 08:47 PM
Eman Resu

By the way did anyone notice Bouchard's reaction after the Satan goal? He was amped. I love that guy. It's like he's been an Islander for 10 years and he really wants to win.

Also, I think I'll be adding Sean Hill to Darth's "All-Disliked thread".

Old
03-17-2006, 08:51 PM
Islanders4Life*

thats it, we aint getting another goal

season over

Old
03-17-2006, 08:56 PM
Eman Resu

Florida outshooting us 38-24...

Old
03-17-2006, 08:58 PM
Islanders4Life*

These Panthers are playing like a$&#^
Iwant Godard to bea tthe hell out of someone

And what the hell do you know Blake is offsides and costs the Islanders a goal

Old
03-17-2006, 08:59 PM
Islanders4Life*

Blake was already fantazising about his ESPN Sportscenter game tying goal and instead he cost his team a chance at the playoffs

Get that cancer Blake off the team

ANd the Panthers Score Season is over

Get rid of Blake

Old
03-17-2006, 08:59 PM
Eman Resu

4-3 Tampa. Let's hope Phili can win, cos we're done. Empty netter. 4-2 Panthers.

Dammit. 5-3 Tampa. This is bad.

Old
03-17-2006, 09:02 PM
srednalsi

Well, Tuesday will be interesting!

Old
03-17-2006, 09:09 PM
sketchykg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanders4Life
Blake was already fantazising about his ESPN Sportscenter game tying goal and instead he cost his team a chance at the playoffs

Get that cancer Blake off the team

ANd the Panthers Score Season is over

Get rid of Blake
Well, I wouldn't want to dump him, but you can hang the goat on him tonight. Perfect screen on game winning goal. Going offsides on that odd man rush. Then showing horrible awareness on that empty net goal, not moving until Gelinas had skated past him.

Old
03-17-2006, 09:13 PM
tool123

Isles looked worn out and tired during the 2nd and 3rd periods. They would definately appreciate the day off tomorrow.

Old
03-17-2006, 09:15 PM
Islanders4Life*

Didnt Blake go offsides last nite as well when the islanders were coming up on a rush when there was under a minute left against the thrashers?

Old
03-17-2006, 09:37 PM
dok101

Guys, a bit premature with the Blake bashing. Yeah, he has been off ever since those injuries late in '05, but he has been the guts of this team for the better part of a few seasons. I'll agree that he has been way off of his game, and tonight was a perfect example. But I won't be calling for his head anytime soon.

Old
03-17-2006, 09:59 PM
Riddick

i have no idea since its st pattys day and ive been drinking since 2, but was that 3rd goal against The Rick really bad? I was watching in a bar, it looked like it just went under his stick which was flat. I thought that was like goalkeeping 101?

Old
03-17-2006, 10:07 PM
sketchykg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddick
i have no idea since its st pattys day and ive been drinking since 2, but was that 3rd goal against The Rick really bad? I was watching in a bar, it looked like it just went under his stick which was flat. I thought that was like goalkeeping 101?
It didn't go under his stick, it deflected off his shoulder...

You can fault him for cheating a little too quickly off the post and to the left, and being back in the net too much. And you can ding Blake for laying a screen, and not actually blocking the shot. It was a play he could have stopped, and honestly should have, but you can't really kill him for letting it in. It developed into a fairly tough play very quickly, with one of the defenseman on his stomach behind the net.

Old
03-17-2006, 10:20 PM
Riddick

ok, gotcha. Like i said, i didnt see it cleanly/clearly, i just saw something skid under his stick.

Old
03-17-2006, 11:06 PM
Islesman819

Send a message via AIM to Islesman819
Watch if we beat Tampa and Montreal, the whole "season over" shananigans will be over and then it will be something like "we have a chance", "shaw for coach of the year" "bates only has 1 nut" etc etc.

So guys just save your negativity until tuesday thats all I ask.

Old
03-17-2006, 11:20 PM
tool123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islesman819
Watch if we beat Tampa and Montreal, the whole "season over" shananigans will be over and then it will be something like "we have a chance", "shaw for coach of the year" "bates only has 1 nut" etc etc.

So guys just save your negativity until tuesday thats all I ask.
There shouldnt be no negitivity at all. In all reality we shouldnt even be fighting over a playoff spot from how we played the 1st 58 games of the season. As far as I'm concerned we should be enjoying how competitve we played in recent games.

Were asking a team of mostly rookies to cover up all the heartless games the veterans played in the beginning of the year and win every game from now on. There playing there heart out there and showed better work ethic than Sopel, Kvasha, Niinimaa put together. There working as a team and there playing into their system. Good to see.

Last edited by tool123: 03-17-2006 at 11:30 PM.
Old
03-18-2006, 01:25 AM
NYIsles1*

Hard to blame anyone for a loss here, an awful lot was being asked (especially losing someone like York without a recall arriving) and clearly at times they were hanging on, but still for the most part they played a disciplined game and stayed out of the box and did as well as they could with the pressure. Smith's penalty was a bad one and it cost them but they had plenty of time to get it back and did.

Looks like the three games in four nights short a forward and not using Godard, Colliton or Nilsson (toward the end) caught up with them because they were a step slow tonight and really got little pressure on McLennan after a descent first peirod.

A few mistakes by Grebeshkov and the other defenders (Erskine was fantastic at both ends and sent Olli J crashing into the boards) but still the mistakes the team was making tonight were night and day compared with earlier this year when this team looked lost and they worked as hard as they could.

DiPietro was outstanding again, too many shots from dead center fifteen feet out that he was flat-out robbing some players on.

Satan has his two goals.

Huge gift to have McLennan in the net instead of Luongo, still he made some big saves on Yashin, Bergenheim and had to earn his two points. DiPietro's pass set up Blake's breakaway, sad to see anyone blame Blake for anything who has not been the same since his rib injury but still is doing all he can.

Not even close to being over, they have to beat Montreal and they have to find a way to get points Sunday. This teams working hard and they are not going to go away without a tough fight and clearly they gave all they had.

In the end this game could have easily gone the Islanders way, too bad Yashin's shot did not count.

Even in losing I'm proud of how hard this team is working now, if it's not good enough so be it but it's night and day even from many of the wins earlier.

Last edited by NYIsles1*: 03-18-2006 at 01:43 AM.
Old
03-18-2006, 01:39 AM
Bourne14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYIsles1
Hard to blame anyone for a loss here, an awful lot was being asked (especially losing someone like York without a recall arriving) and clearly at times they were hanging on, but still for the most part they played a disciplined game and stayed out of the box and did as well as they could with the pressure. Smith's penalty was a bad one and it cost them but they had plenty of time to get it back and did.

Looks like the three games in four nights short a forward and not using Godard, Colliton or Nilsson (toward the end) caught up with them because they were a step slow tonight and really got little pressure on McLennan after a descent first peirod.

A few mistakes by Grebeshkov and the other defenders (Erskine was fantastic at both ends and sent Olli J crashing into the boards) but still the mistakes the team was making earlier this year were fewer and far between and the worked as hard as they could.

DiPietro was outstanding again, too many shots from dead center fifteen feet out that he was flat-out robbing some players on.

Satan has his two goals.

Huge gift to have McLennan in the net instead of Luongo, still he made some big saves on Yashin, Bergenheim and had to earn his two points. DiPietro's pass set up Blake's breakaway, sad to see anyone blame Blake for anything who has not been the same since his rib injury but still is doing all he can.

Not even close to being over, they have to beat Montreal and they have to find a way to get points Sunday. This teams working hard and they are not going to go away without a tough fight and clearly they gave all they had.

In the end this game could have easily gone the Islanders way, too bad Yashin's shot did not count.

Even in losing I'm proud of how hard this team is working now, if it's not good enough so be it but it's night and day even from many of the wins earlier.
I would rather watch this team fight it out and lose then the team that was iced at the beginning of the year. This I hope is the beginning of something good for the next few years.

Old
03-18-2006, 06:58 AM
BillD

The boys were clearly worn out and hurting from the unexpectedly physical Thrasher game. Still they played with what jump and energy they could muster. Down a forward (York) only increased the fatigue factor, plus Shaw's poor use of Nilsson. I am disturbed that Nilsson was moved off the Yashin line, even though Bergie seems to be more the key than Robert. But putting Blake up is a killer. I would rather have tried Colliton if he had to do something on RW.
Last 10 games show that we have an NHL goalie, a future scoring first line, and some nice options for 5-6 defenseman. I like what Ersk and Bouchard bring to those spots. The new GM may not have as hard a rebuild as we thought.

Old
03-18-2006, 03:57 PM
cjdv16

bouchard and martinek frustrated me w/their play.

i guess i expect too much.

Old
03-18-2006, 04:16 PM
crashthenet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdv16
bouchard and martinek frustrated me w/their play.

i guess i expect too much.
These guys are being asked to play more minutes than they should have to. Give Bouchard credit for coming back at less than 100%. Marty takes a beating night in and night out. Zhitnik's minutes are hard to absorb. I am liking Grebshkov and Erskine.

Closed Thread