HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NY Islanders vs Florida Panthers: 3/17 7:30pm FSN..

Closed Thread

Old
03-18-2006, 04:20 PM
boredmale

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islesman
The new GM may not have as hard a rebuild as we thought.
I believe we just have to sign 1 big name defensive defenseman, and a 3rd line center who is good on faceoffs.

Old
03-18-2006, 05:03 PM
Brain Hemorrhage

I think we lacked strength on defense versus the Panthers. Not necessarily size or positioning. Just strength. We have three really young defensemen who can all add muscle to their frames. Just too many Panthers in front of Rick DiPietro and no one to move the rebounds out of harms way.

John Erskine was very much a force for us last night and kept the Panthers honest, or else we could have been in trouble in our defensive zone.

Old
03-18-2006, 05:12 PM
Witter

wow these injuries really are killing us, never thought id say this but, I miss Zhitnik

Old
03-18-2006, 05:17 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb-20
wow these injuries really are killing us, never thought id say this but, I miss Zhitnik
I don't get why people dislike Zhitnik. I beleive he is a good #2/great#3. It's not his fault the rest of the defense corps is not as good as him and he has to play in all key situations(which means he will most likely be on the ice for the good and bad times).

Personally i feel we are better off with Zhitnik then we would have been with a healthy Aucion.

Old
03-18-2006, 08:50 PM
BelovedIsles

Send a message via AIM to BelovedIsles
Quote:
Originally Posted by tool123
There shouldnt be no negitivity at all. In all reality we shouldnt even be fighting over a playoff spot from how we played the 1st 58 games of the season. As far as I'm concerned we should be enjoying how competitve we played in recent games.

Were asking a team of mostly rookies to cover up all the heartless games the veterans played in the beginning of the year and win every game from now on. There playing there heart out there and showed better work ethic than Sopel, Kvasha, Niinimaa put together. There working as a team and there playing into their system. Good to see.
AMEN!...These are necessary growing pains and are expected. Playoffs shouldn't even be on our minds or really in theirs, take it game by game, win by win, loss by loss, each step is a necessary and enrichening one for this young core. They are building it together, taking steps back and forward together as a unit, I like it very much.

Closed Thread