HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Please stop jinxing the team fellow Hab fans.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-17-2006, 12:02 PM
  #1
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,856
vCash: 500
Please stop jinxing the team fellow Hab fans.

I say we make a pledge. A commitment. For the next 10 games, nobody on this board mentions the idea, of who we could meet in the playoffs. If someone does mention it in a thread, he/she is quoted, and the offending remarks removed, so the hockey gods do not see it.

Also, for good measure, I demand you bring back your good luck avatars from the 2002-2003 season.

Habs is offline  
Old
03-17-2006, 12:04 PM
  #2
Habsaku
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
I hope we dont meet the Sens in the playoffs. Carolina would be a disaster but with the easy schedule we have, I see us against the lowly Rangers. If theres one thing I know though, its that the leafs have no chance at passing us.

Habsaku is offline  
Old
03-17-2006, 12:27 PM
  #3
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
I hope we dont meet the Sens the rest of the way. Carolina would be a disaster but with the easy schedule we have, I see us against the lowly Beer League. If theres one thing I know though, its that the leafs have no chance at passing Carolina.


Now you've done it.

Habs is offline  
Old
03-17-2006, 01:02 PM
  #4
HF-Addict
Registered User
 
HF-Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,765
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
I hope we dont meet the Sens in the playoffs. Carolina would be a disaster but with the easy schedule we have, I see us against the lowly Rangers. If theres one thing I know though, its that the leafs have no chance at passing us.
***. I guess you are one of those weird people who don't believe in jinxing your team?

Or a closet leaf fan?

Either way, what you are doing is not helping the habs !

HF-Addict is offline  
Old
03-17-2006, 01:08 PM
  #5
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 20,551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
I hope we dont meet the Sens in the playoffs. Carolina would be a disaster but with the easy schedule we have, I see us against the lowly Rangers. If theres one thing I know though, its that the leafs have no chance at passing us.
I hope we play against Carolina in the first round. That way, we get the toughest opponent out of the way first, and it's all downhill from there.

Of course, facing Atlanta in the first round would be nice too. (Quick calculation: 71+34 = 105 pts, still possible! whew!)

Blind Gardien is offline  
Old
03-17-2006, 01:11 PM
  #6
Habsaku
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict
***. I guess you are one of those weird people who don't believe in jinxing your team?

Or a closet leaf fan?

Either way, what you are doing is not helping the habs !
I'm the first type of person. If you're in a bar with 1:00 min left, score is 1-0 and the other teams putting pressure in our zone and you hear a guy go: HE'S GONNA GET THE SHUTOUT. Thats me.

Habsaku is offline  
Old
03-17-2006, 01:20 PM
  #7
HF-Addict
Registered User
 
HF-Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,765
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
I'm the first type of person. If you're in a bar with 1:00 min left, score is 1-0 and the other teams putting pressure in our zone and you hear a guy go: HE'S GONNA GET THE SHUTOUT. Thats me.
I have never known how it ends for that guy once the other team score and ties the game?

You seem well alive....I guess they didn,t throw heavy stuff at you (punches included)

HF-Addict is offline  
Old
03-17-2006, 01:54 PM
  #8
Stefan
Registered User
 
Stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa - HabsTown
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,322
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Stefan
You guys don't actually believe what you type on an internet forum affects the Habs one bit do you?

Stefan is offline  
Old
03-17-2006, 03:13 PM
  #9
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 20,551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHabsRule
You guys don't actually believe what you type on an internet forum affects the Habs one bit do you?
Not if it's done consciously, at least. As soon as you start doing things consciously, you've got into such a tangled web of jinx-counter-jinx-anti-counter-reverse-zombie-etc-jinxing that there is really no point in trying to attribute cause and effect anymore.

But if you type something without considering such ramifications in advance... well then, OF COURSE it affects the Habs!!! Not as much as actually saying something out loud, or leaving out certain pre-game ritual steps in the comfort of your own home, but hey, this is the 21st century, man, the internet is a big part of our world today. Of course it matters. Neil Gaiman. C'mon. Old gods and new gods. They know what we type on the internet.

Jeez, no wonder we aren't 82-0 every year. Fans like you DaHabsRule...

(P.S. And don't think I haven't noticed that Custom User Title of yours either! Playing with fire, man. Why?!??! )

Blind Gardien is offline  
Old
03-17-2006, 03:17 PM
  #10
High flyin' Habs*
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Georgia
Posts: 2,294
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to High flyin' Habs* Send a message via MSN to High flyin' Habs*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
(P.S. And don't think I haven't noticed that Custom User Title of yours either! Playing with fire, man. Why?!??! )
And plus it makes us Habs fans look stupid. He should get rid of that title.

High flyin' Habs* is offline  
Old
03-17-2006, 03:19 PM
  #11
Biggsy
Registered User
 
Biggsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Rutland/Kelowna
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,469
vCash: 500
I dont care who the habs face as long as the pull out the 4 wins!

Biggsy is offline  
Old
03-17-2006, 03:58 PM
  #12
Kardi
Registered User
 
Kardi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,965
vCash: 500
its gonna be nice to have the habs and leafs in the playoffs

Kardi is offline  
Old
03-17-2006, 04:00 PM
  #13
CareyPrice x 31
Registered User
 
CareyPrice x 31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,881
vCash: 3907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kardi
its gonna be nice to have the habs and leafs in the playoffs

CareyPrice x 31 is offline  
Old
03-17-2006, 05:42 PM
  #14
phil
Registered User
 
phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: sand and sun island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHabsRule
You guys don't actually believe what you type on an internet forum affects the Habs one bit do you?
remmember, that's the same place where a pretzel in the shape of a habs logo was adored for a while...

phil is offline  
Old
03-17-2006, 06:10 PM
  #15
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil
remmember, that's the same place where a pretzel in the shape of a habs logo was adored for a while...
The Pretzel was a sign. Do Not Tempt The Hockey Gods.

Habs is offline  
Old
03-17-2006, 06:49 PM
  #16
phil
Registered User
 
phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: sand and sun island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
The Pretzel was a sign. Do Not Tempt The Hockey Gods.
a sign of what? what marvelous event happened since its discovery?

phil is offline  
Old
03-17-2006, 07:09 PM
  #17
Medicine Twin
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Miramichi,NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
I demand you bring back your good luck avatars from the 2002-2003 season.
Umm... didn't we miss the playoffs that year?

Medicine Twin is offline  
Old
03-17-2006, 07:22 PM
  #18
NassauIsles82*
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,265
vCash: 500
habs fans are weird..anyways, the islanders will make the playoffs, and the habs will be sittin at home with the leafs this year.

NassauIsles82* is offline  
Old
03-17-2006, 07:35 PM
  #19
CareyPrice x 31
Registered User
 
CareyPrice x 31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,881
vCash: 3907
Quote:
Originally Posted by NassauIsles82
habs fans are weird..anyways, the islanders will make the playoffs, and the habs will be sittin at home with the leafs this year.

CareyPrice x 31 is offline  
Old
03-17-2006, 07:38 PM
  #20
Chfan
HFB Partner
 
Chfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 4,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NassauIsles82
habs fans are weird..anyways, the islanders will make the playoffs, and the habs will be sittin at home with the leafs this year.
Good one!

Chfan is offline  
Old
03-17-2006, 08:24 PM
  #21
Blades 0f Steel
Registered User
 
Blades 0f Steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Tibet
Posts: 11,523
vCash: 500
Nevermind the jinxing, Rake-yohn is freaking me out!

Blades 0f Steel is offline  
Old
03-17-2006, 08:27 PM
  #22
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,263
vCash: 500
If anyone thinks that writing something on this board has an effect on the teams performance......you need to see a shrink.

znk is offline  
Old
03-17-2006, 08:30 PM
  #23
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
I say we make a pledge. A commitment. For the next 10 games, nobody on this board mentions the idea, of who we could meet in the playoffs. If someone does mention it in a thread, he/she is quoted, and the offending remarks removed, so the hockey gods do not see it.

Also, for good measure, I demand you bring back your good luck avatars from the 2002-2003 season.
I think the jinx is when 99% of the people predict on the GDTs that the habs are gonna win. Honeslty, I think there are people whove never predicted them to lose on a GDT

Hackett is offline  
Old
03-17-2006, 09:23 PM
  #24
CalHabFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett
I think the jinx is when 99% of the people predict on the GDTs that the habs are gonna win. Honeslty, I think there are people whove never predicted them to lose on a GDT
Why?
Do you enjoy predicting losses for a team you are a fan of?

I'm a Hab fan and I would never predict a loss because I want them to win 'em all...
Not gonna happen but isn't that the point of every hockey game? Try to win it?

How would we feel if the Habs went into a game with the attitude that: "Oh, this one, we won't win, let's just hand it to the opposition"?

CalHabFan is offline  
Old
03-17-2006, 09:35 PM
  #25
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalHabFan
Why?
Do you enjoy predicting losses for a team you are a fan of?

I'm a Hab fan and I would never predict a loss because I want them to win 'em all...
Not gonna happen but isn't that the point of every hockey game? Try to win it?

How would we feel if the Habs went into a game with the attitude that: "Oh, this one, we won't win, let's just hand it to the opposition"?
your prediction doesn't have to be with your heart

of course, your heart will say 82-0

but what does your brain say?

that doesn't make for compelling boards when you predict 82-0... and dont make me out to be a guy who thinks the habs will go 0-82 either because those people are just as ridiculous.

And its only your prediction, it doesn't mean that you're always gonna be right. That's why we watch the games.

But predicting that your team is gonna be 82-0 is a little too much raa-raa cheerleader stuff for me. I leave the cheering for the game. On the board, I try to be as objective as possible

Hackett is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.