HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wakeup call

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2003, 10:40 AM
TheChase

vCash: 500
Wakeup call

A wake up call is in order
re-evaluate some of the late cuts over next 5 games
look at Cross as an example - poor camp - now playing steady as ever

Ferguson , Pisani, - to Toronto (no knock on heart, just skill level )

Rita Smyth Hemsky sharp-shooter in demand
Isbister/Chimera Reasoner Dvorak shared ice time
Capt'n Moreau Stoll York MacT still gets a very good d-line
Torres Sarno Laraque could be the missing link

Staios Semenov
Brewer/Luoma Smith Reduce Brewers playing time
Bergeron Cross

Conklin -
Salo

pressbox Horcoff

Old
10-26-2003, 09:53 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilersRRRock/Kim
A wake up call is in order
re-evaluate some of the late cuts over next 5 games
look at Cross as an example - poor camp - now playing steady as ever

Ferguson , Pisani, - to Toronto (no knock on heart, just skill level )

Rita Smyth Hemsky sharp-shooter in demand
Isbister/Chimera Reasoner Dvorak shared ice time
Capt'n Moreau Stoll York MacT still gets a very good d-line
Torres Sarno Laraque could be the missing link

Staios Semenov
Brewer/Luoma Smith Reduce Brewers playing time
Bergeron Cross

Conklin -
Salo

pressbox Horcoff
The framework is in place...

I like the idea of bringing in some youngsters, but I think the reason we find ourselves in this dreadful cycle is because we continue to get younger, without getting older. ALL successful teams have veterans than know what it takes to win. Name one player on the Oilers squad that knows what it takes to win The Stanley Cup, do we even have any rings in our locker room when the coaches arent in there??? ALL of our teams veterans have grown in our organization and have become accustom to early playoff exits, that builds character, but none of them have been able to put the team on their shoulders and carry them to the promised land. el la Mark Messier in 94.

Old
10-27-2003, 01:42 PM
kruezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowzie
The framework is in place...

I like the idea of bringing in some youngsters, but I think the reason we find ourselves in this dreadful cycle is because we continue to get younger, without getting older. ALL successful teams have veterans than know what it takes to win. Name one player on the Oilers squad that knows what it takes to win The Stanley Cup, do we even have any rings in our locker room when the coaches arent in there??? ALL of our teams veterans have grown in our organization and have become accustom to early playoff exits, that builds character, but none of them have been able to put the team on their shoulders and carry them to the promised land. el la Mark Messier in 94.
I completely agree.....you have to have experienced players if you are going to make it to the playoffs and make some noise there. And by the way the Oilers have absolutely no cup rings amongest the players and only Dvorak has even made the finals. You have to have that blend of youth and vets in order to win IMO, being like the Sens or 'Nucks and building from the ground up with youngsters does work EVENTUALLY but just think about how long its taken them to get where they are and neither of them have made it to the cup yet, but on the other hand you look at a team like Dallas who blend youth and experience well and they always manage to compete every year (except that one blip on the radar, but that was out of nowhere).

Just my thoughts.

Closed Thread