HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Saku Koivu most overrated player in hockey?

Closed Thread

Old
03-18-2006, 04:31 PM
Rather Gingerly 1*

vCash: 500
Saku Koivu most overrated player in hockey?

He's suppose to be a #1 center and he has 14 goals and 45 points in 55 games. That is a joke for a top line center. They use to say it was because he had no linemates...but he is playing with Kovalev now. One of the top offense players in the game. Some teams #2 center can produce more offense than that. And, he is signed for 4.75 million.

We'll never win unless we get a real #1 center. We need somebody who can put the biscuit in the basket

Old
03-18-2006, 04:32 PM
_habsfan9

hahaha this is quite the humourous post. go suck a lemon if u dont like saku

Old
03-18-2006, 04:33 PM
BigTimer*

He's (very) overrated but Yashin's got him beat by a country mile.

Old
03-18-2006, 04:34 PM
Live Forever

Dumbest thread in the history of HFboards...let me leave it at that before i start saying offensive things to you and risk getting banned.

Old
03-18-2006, 04:35 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer
He's (very) overrated but Yashin's got him beat by a country mile.
How is Yashin overrated? Most stuff i see about Yashin say he sucks, which i would argue otherwise. Overpaid, now that's another issue.

Old
03-18-2006, 04:41 PM
Transported Upstater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rather Gingerly 1
He's suppose to be a #1 center and he has 14 goals and 45 points in 55 games. That is a joke for a top line center. They use to say it was because he had no linemates...but he is playing with Kovalev now. One of the top offense players in the game. Some teams #2 center can produce more offense than that. And, he is signed for 4.75 million.

We'll never win unless we get a real #1 center. We need somebody who can put the biscuit in the basket

I may be a Leaf fan, but THE MONTREAL BOARD HAS ENOUGH SAKU THREADS, PEOPLE!!!!

Old
03-18-2006, 04:41 PM
Kirk Muller

Weeeeeee, almost a day without a new bash saku Koivu thread. I could almost take the thread seriously, well not really but, at least get some facts straight. Kovalev isn't even Koivu's linemate right now.

Biscuit is the basket eh. You mean like Zednik and Ryder are supposed to be doing off of feeds from Koivu. Or your supposed superstar and one of the most talented players in the league in Kovalev who only has 17 goals and 49 points. I love how Koivu gets bashed but Kovalev can float his way around on the ice, make a few fancy plays, dominate a game every two months or so, and he is look at as a superstar.

Old
03-18-2006, 04:50 PM
Next Best Thing*

Ok I'm also tired of these threads now but the truth is the truth.

I haven't seen Saks make things happen in a while, even if his linemates are ice cold.

Old
03-18-2006, 04:54 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale
How is Yashin overrated? Most stuff i see about Yashin say he sucks, which i would argue otherwise. Overpaid, now that's another issue.
How is he overrated? First off, he managed to get Chara and Spezza in a trade. Secondly, prior to the rollback he was signed to a 9 million a season deal. That's more than just overpayed my friend.

And btw, overpaid and overrated go hand in hand.

Old
03-18-2006, 04:58 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

He is overrated on these boards, and now overpaid. He could've been traded before, but not now.

Anyway, I can live with his so-so offensive output, but he has to be better overall, especially during a crucial playoff run. It's said of him that he's a leader by example, and for 4.5 million, he should just be better.

Old
03-18-2006, 05:05 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer
How is he overrated? First off, he managed to get Chara and Spezza in a trade. Secondly, prior to the rollback he was signed to a 9 million a season deal. That's more than just overpayed my friend.

And btw, overpaid and overrated go hand in hand.
The trade was roughly 5 years ago, so he would have been overrated at the time, but not now. Take away the contract i would argue he is underrated now because all people talk about Yashin is his terrible contract and forget to see he still has some value.

Now if somebody said Yashin was worth what he was making i would say he was overrated, but people say he isn't even worth 3 million(which to me is underrated since i feel he is a 4-4.5 million dollar player).

Like i said, i can't argue the fact he is overpaid, but i don't think at this point he is overrated just because people can't look past the contract and make him out worse then he is.

going by definition:

overrated: Regarded more highly than is deserved

Now you find me an NHL fan who has anything good to say about Yashin that gives him more regards then he deserves then i will agree with your assessment of him being "overrated"

Old
03-18-2006, 05:12 PM
CaptainKelowna

Habs fans are so fickle!!

Old
03-18-2006, 05:19 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalBallHuet
Habs fans are so fickle!!
well if it worth anything, now that Koivu is making lost of cash, he won't be overrated anymore

Like Yashin people will pick him apart for every little thing and forget to notice the good things he does.

Old
03-18-2006, 05:24 PM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:

God not another damn anti-koivu poster. You people make me sick.

Old
03-18-2006, 05:26 PM
x-bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing
Ok I'm also tired of these threads now but the truth is the truth.

I haven't seen Saks make things happen in a while, even if his linemates are ice cold.
I totaly agree but this isn't called overrated. It's called a slump.

Old
03-18-2006, 05:30 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bob
I to taly agree but this isn't called overrated. It's called a slump.
True, I didnt mean to say he was overrated. I think most people here know what he can/can't do by now.

Old
03-18-2006, 05:31 PM
HabuseMoi

Koivu is a #1 center when he plays well... He is not, that's what the problem is. He isn't sparking anything right now

Old
03-18-2006, 05:41 PM
BLONG7

Saku the most over rated hockey player...he might be struggling since the Olympics, but the most over rated...that's insane...everyone knows that the Avs Goalie Jose The odour is the most over rated player in the game...

Old
03-18-2006, 06:33 PM
goalchenyuk

It is only here , and just by around 10-20 guys that Saku is overrated . If you go to the general board , i would say that it 's may be the opposite and that he's a little bit underrated .

Saku is a good player that can take the control of the game , but after a while , his energy fall and than he's a good overall player.Saku for sure is our key player and the best offensive player ( with Kovy ) the team have for now . I think that players like Perezhogin , Kosty and may be Higgins are going to be better players , but it's only a feeling and for sure i can't prove it .

But to say that he's the most overrated player is really far of the reality .Really , really far ...

I think that soon , he's going to explose and his slump is going to be forget rapidly .The sad part of that is that the 10-15 crazy fans he has , are going to wet all the place , as usually .

Go saku !

Old
03-18-2006, 06:35 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabuseMoi
Koivu is a #1 center when he plays well... He is not, that's what the problem is. He isn't sparking anything right now
well , it's true with all the first center , no ? when they are in a slump , no ones are still first liners .

Old
03-18-2006, 07:27 PM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:

When is the last time he played with Kovy? The whole team is not producing offence.

Old
03-18-2006, 08:52 PM
HABitual

I said it before. Saku has not been the same since that season he was injured and missed the rest of the one season he lead in points.

He will never be that good again.

Old
03-18-2006, 08:54 PM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitual
I said it before. Saku has not been the same since that season he was injured and missed the rest of the one season he lead in points.

He will never be that good again.
I desagree the last two years in the playoffs he was great and in the regular season two years ago also. I think if he and Kovy can be given a chance again it would work but Gainey seems to like them seperated.

Old
03-18-2006, 08:59 PM
Colorado Avalanche

Selanne to Montreal? That would solve the problem.

Old
03-18-2006, 09:04 PM
KOVALEV10*

If the freakin AHL-er Ryder would even connect on 1/10 of the chances Koivu provides him Koivu would have a point per game. It's not his fault that Ryder sucks more then Dagenais the last few months.

Closed Thread