HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Most Disgusting and Frustrating Habs game of the year?

View Poll Results: What tonites game the most frustrating/disgusting game of the year?
I want to kill myself tonite 27 55.10%
wasn't that bad 13 26.53%
don't care, Danis for backup 9 18.37%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
03-18-2006, 10:06 PM
Live Forever

vCash: 500
I know it can be frustrating to lose to a bottom placed team at this point in the season when we needed to come up with a win, but I'm completely disgusted with the way some of you guys are reacting. To jump the gun on Aebischer and put him down the way you guys and half the people at the bell center were doing tonight was horrible. This guy got some bad breaks tonight and I agree that with Huet in goal, we would have had a solid win tonight, but cut the guy some slack. He's coming to Montreal; arguably the biggest hockey pressure cooker in the world. I'm not trying to find excuses here, but the fact that he is still adapting to the new rink, has need equipment and is getting used to the way the team plays around him has to affect his game somewhat. Also the fact that the home crowd is so discouraging doesn't help.

All I can say is we have ourselves a quality goaltender here. The would normally say...give the guy some time and he'll return to form. But the problem is, we are hanging to the 8th and final spot by a string and it is too late to start experimenting with our goaltenders. Evaluating their game. The best case scenario would have been to have Huet start tonight and on Monday against the Caps and then start Abby vs the Isles but it didn't happen. But now it's got to the point where Huet's been getting cold on the bench while we just lose more and more valuable points.

In the end, I just want to go back to where I started this post and say keep off Aebischer because a good 90% of you guys will look like complete morons when he begins to steal games for us sooner or later.

Old
03-18-2006, 10:12 PM
habs-stars2006

i really dont think Aebischer will ever win a game for us. Face it, he is an average goalie and average goalies are useless on playoff runs. y do u think colorado gave up on him. Huet is the number one goalie and unless gainey starts treating him like it, we are screwed. It like gainey is playing around with us, changing the freakin lines every game. Maybe its time to let carbonneau take over a little early. Perhaps he has a little more confidence in the star huet.

Old
03-18-2006, 10:38 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOVALEV10
For the first time ever, I'm not so pissed that we lost. I've kinda given up already. Even if a miracle happens and we get in the playoffs, we're gonna get out faster then a bee. Who cares anymore? Whenever habs win a series of games they absoultely need to go on a losing streak no matter the team they are playing. Losing to Carolina is acceptable although 5-1 is not but losing to Pittsburgh is someting that is unacceptable no matter what. Besides Bruins beat the canes today 4-2. I bet if Huet had played vs. Carolina we wouldve beat those guys.
well. I think you're right on this... I don't think it does matter anymore. If we do the playoffs, we'll prolly won't play more than 5 games.

Old
03-18-2006, 10:46 PM
Gardebut30

Quote:
Pens goals were so stupid and fluky its unreal though.
Everything is a fluke to you isn't it?

Old
03-18-2006, 10:50 PM
Slick Nick

Hey the team played 2 weak games... what to do? Put your best scorer on the 4th line, take your best prospect who was your best player in the previous game, and throw him up in the press box, destroy your lines, keep on using the players that can't score a single one on the PP... and these people are actually paid for this?? Total blame on the coaching staff for tonight's loss. Aebischer sucked, still there's no way the Pens could be any opposition to the Habs, desprate for a playoff spot...

Old
03-18-2006, 11:06 PM
KOVALEV10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardebut30
Everything is a fluke to you isn't it?
4 of those 5 goals were just so stupid its unreal. We always make great plays and the opposite goalie robs us constantly then we get scored on by stupid players and stupid plays. Really pisses me off.

Old
03-18-2006, 11:37 PM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
We lost with Markov in the lineup to Pittsburgh twice already this season so what's your point?
?

I don't care who won or lost. We could have won 6-5 in the last minute and I'd have said the same thing.

Old
03-19-2006, 12:13 AM
Rather Gingerly 1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by canada_habs2006
i am absolutely disgusted, could never hate abiesher any more.

this entire game was crap. we are a million times better than pittsburgh and it SHOWED. what a frustrating game, and such a must win.
Pittsburgh is a bad team. Even our lousy offense mustard up close to 50 shots and scored 4 goals(god, how did we do it?)

But worse game of season had to be back in January when we were blown away in Vancouver.

Old
03-19-2006, 12:32 AM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
On the bright note at least Huet got some rest with Abby playing the last 2 games. He is going to be our #1 for the stretch drive.

Old
03-19-2006, 01:13 AM
Habs_Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOMO_ROCKS
On the bright note at least Huet got some rest with Abby playing the last 2 games. He is going to be our #1 for the stretch drive.
I think Gainey was thinking to rest Huet by playing Abby against Carolina. I think Gainey was hoping that by playing Abby tonight he'd get the win and therefore some confidence with his new team. Didn't work out that way. But at least Huet has had a good rest. I think we'll see Huet mostly from here on out unless he starts looking fatigued. Anyways, I'll feel better next game with Huet in net; he's really been incredible for us. And it's way too early to judge Abby, but it's such an important time right now that everything that transpires does so under a microscope.

Old
03-19-2006, 07:38 AM
larue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
The thing that drives me crazy the most (...and trust me alot of things drive me crazy), is from game to game you don't know what hab team your are going to see. The one that at times looks like one of the better teams in the NHL, or the one that looks like they should be planning who we take with our top 3 pick in the draft.
I agree and all as we have to do is just make the playoffs and then you never know. But there sure is alot of work to do before then.

Old
03-19-2006, 09:46 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Honestly, I thought the game was pretty entertaining, and I think I like it better when the team decidedly outplays the opposition and loses as opposed to getting outplayed and losing (cf. Carolina game). It was close, there were tons of scoring chances, pretty wide open, not bad hitting or reffing... all in all, a "better-than-average" entertainment value game for me. Can't really figure out why there's so much panic?

Heaven forbid if/when we temporarily drop a point or two behind Atlanta down the stretch.

Old
03-19-2006, 09:55 AM
Teufelsdreck

I think Gainey has to share a major part of the blame for this disgusting spectacle. One, as GM, by not bolstering the depth and strength of the defense before or during the season, and two, by inserting and then not yanking Aebischer at at least two critical points in this game. Preparing Aebischer for the playoffs is far less important than winning every available point. Obviously this game was winnable despite the goaltending of Fleury. Four goals should have been more than enough.

Closed Thread