HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nordgren hit

Closed Thread

Old
03-18-2006, 09:50 PM
High flyin' Habs*

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to High flyin' Habs* Send a message via MSN to High flyin' Habs*
Nordgren hit

Cherry pointed out after the game that Nordgren had no intention on touching the puck. Infact, Nordgren didnt even look at the puck when he was racing with Bouillon and was only thinking about himself trying to re-pay Bouillon for the good clean hit he received from him earlier on. Who thinks it was a dirty hit? Considering the speed and dangerous position they were in I think its a very dirty hit.

Old
03-18-2006, 09:51 PM
KOVALEV10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by High flyin' Habs
Cherry pointed out after the game that Nordgren had no intention on touching the puck. Infact, Nordgren didnt even look at the puck when he was racing with Bouillon and was only thinking about himself trying to re-pay Bouillon for the good clean hit he received from him earlier on. Who thinks it was a dirty hit? Considering the speed and dangerous position they were in I think its a very dirty hit.
I think Nordgren is a ****in ******** same with Andre Roy and all those fluky penguins.

Old
03-18-2006, 09:54 PM
High flyin' Habs*

Send a message via ICQ to High flyin' Habs* Send a message via MSN to High flyin' Habs*
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOVALEV10
I think Nordgren is a ****in ******** same with Andre Roy and all those fluky penguins.
Theres another game left with them right? I hope Nordgren is in the back of Begin's mind.

Old
03-18-2006, 09:55 PM
KOVALEV10*

Quote:
Theres another game left with them right? I hope Nordgren is in the back of Begin's mind.
Forget Begin. Souray and Simpson should knock his head off.

Old
03-18-2006, 09:59 PM
Stefan

Send a message via MSN to Stefan
Quote:
Forget Begin. Souray and Simpson should knock his head off.
Forget Begin, Souray OR Simpson. Bring up Ivanans to take care of him. Anybody care if he gets a lifetime suspension?

Old
03-18-2006, 10:01 PM
KOVALEV10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHabsRule
Forget Begin, Souray OR Simpson. Bring up Ivanans to take care of him. Anybody care if he gets a lifetime suspension?
By the way.. where's Ivanans right now?

Old
03-18-2006, 10:17 PM
High flyin' Habs*

Quote:
By the way.. where's Ivanans right now?
I'd like to know that too..

Old
03-18-2006, 10:20 PM
Live Forever

Quote:
I'd like to know that too..
He's at the Gym lifting weights while injecting himself with dirty syringes filled with chemicals that induce rage upon oneself, massive drooling and green skin. That's monster is getting ready for pay back.

Old
03-18-2006, 10:30 PM
GoHabsGO252006

Speaking of all these guys,

I was not impressed with Downey's fight tonight.

IF he was going to play so little we might as well bring up Ivanans at least he is huge, heck he's a beast and he won't looks so puny and afraid to fight like Downey did against Roy tonight. Plus that took him what, 2 months to have his first fight.

Old
03-18-2006, 10:36 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Nordgren's hit showed a lack of respect but you cant really call a penalty on the play.

The players kinda have to show a little more respect for each other with the touch icing because careers can easily end on these types of plays.

This kind of stuff will continue to happen as long as we have touch icing. Its just up to the players to make sure they give their opponents some respect and not force the opposition is a very awkward situation.

Old
03-18-2006, 10:38 PM
MathMan

Cherry's a dolt. Nordgren didn't do more than shove Bouillon. It wasn't even interference, they were both going for the puck and it was the kind of play you see all the time with two players going for the puck in the corner.

Old
03-18-2006, 10:43 PM
High flyin' Habs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan
Cherry's a dolt. Nordgren didn't do more than shove Bouillon. It wasn't even interference, they were both going for the puck and it was the kind of play you see all the time with two players going for the puck in the corner.
Nordgren clearly wasnt even looking at the puck...He was looking at Bouillon all the time and its obvious what he was thinking of. Revenge. And shove or not, it was still caused Bouillon a serious injury and Nordgren knew what he was doing. He's a punk. Case closed.

Old
03-18-2006, 10:49 PM
phillypensfan

Send a message via ICQ to phillypensfan
At the end of the fight between Roy and Downey,they show Bouillon going into the boards...only thing that happened was they went shoulder to shoulder with Bouillon going into the boards. Not close to being a dirty hit.

That being said,I'm glad there is no break after how bad that looked.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/s...t=49662&page=2

clip is there,at the very end of the clip they show him going into the boards.

Old
03-18-2006, 10:52 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Quote:

exactly

Old
03-18-2006, 11:00 PM
High flyin' Habs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillypensfan
At the end of the fight between Roy and Downey,they show Bouillon going into the boards...only thing that happened was they went shoulder to shoulder with Bouillon going into the boards. Not close to being a dirty hit.

That being said,I'm glad there is no break after how bad that looked.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/s...t=49662&page=2

clip is there,at the very end of the clip they show him going into the boards.
They didnt go shoulder to shoulder. Bouillon was going for the puck thinking Nordgren was doing the same when Nordgren gave him a bump and at full speed thats more than enough to knock a player off his skates and especially when he's not expecting it.

Old
03-18-2006, 11:55 PM
nashnaidoo

That's the sort of play that happens a couple of times a game except normally the D doesn't fall as dangerously as Bouillon.

Cherry was making the point as much to point out Nordgren as to further his crusade for no-touch icing. Just shows you how dangerous the rule is now.

Old
03-19-2006, 12:11 AM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
It could've been an interference call under the so-called new rules, but it wasn't dirty. They bumped, Bouillon lost his balance and fell badly.

Old
03-19-2006, 02:47 AM
SomeDude

I can't believe there are people in this world that are dumb enough to take anything that comes out of Cherry's mouth seriously.
I bet you he wouldn't have said anything about it if Nordgren wasn't European.

Old
03-19-2006, 03:16 AM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedave
It could've been an interference call under the so-called new rules, but it wasn't dirty. They bumped, Bouillon lost his balance and fell badly.
Yep, at worst it was interference. Nordgren sucks though, so if Ivanans wants to run him, whatever.

As for Cherry, he's just using this as a way to push for no-touch icing.

Old
03-19-2006, 05:23 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Where did you guys get the impression that Ivanans is actually a good heavyweight fighter?

I've yet to see him win decisively in Hamilton, despite always having a big height advantage. I've even seen him knocked on his *** a few times, and rarely delivers a bone crushing hit.

Until he gets a few good wins under his belt in the NHL against proven combatants, he's nothing special. Sorry to disappoint.

Old
03-19-2006, 06:53 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

I'm in the camp that sees nothing wrong with Nordgren's play. The NHL is getting too soft as it is, you can't legislate against incidental physical contact that leads to freakish falls. In that situation, if Nordgren had wanted to absolutely plaster Bouillon, he sure could have. He didn't. And past that, you hardly need Ivanans or anybody much above the toughness level of Ribeiro to exact revenge on the dastardly 5-11/185 Nordgren.

Old
03-19-2006, 06:57 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGO252006
Speaking of all these guys,

I was not impressed with Downey's fight tonight.

IF he was going to play so little we might as well bring up Ivanans at least he is huge, heck he's a beast and he won't looks so puny and afraid to fight like Downey did against Roy tonight. Plus that took him what, 2 months to have his first fight.
Downey has a bit of a rep for not being a real willing fighter, I think he wants to be more just an energy guy.

Last night's "fight" against Roy did look a bit suspicious, especially on TV. But I'm trying to tell myself that maybe Downey was worried about Bouillon, lookin' over there, and also when he went to the corner halfway through it, he was actually trying to clear a lane for the stretcher that was coming out, let the doctors and trainers do their work without having to get past the combatants. Something like that.

Old
03-19-2006, 10:35 AM
Habs13

That hit was filled with malice and was with pure intent to injure. When two guys are going into the boards, and you're not thinking about the puck... you're thinking about lifting a much smaller guy off his skates knowing he'll crash hard into the boards, that warrants a hefty suspension as far as I'm concerned.

As was mentioned, Cherry's piece on the hit showed Nordgren's eyes focused on Bouillon and nowhere near the puck. This was retaliation for a clean hard hit that sparked the Habs for their first goal and got them back in the game. The dirty little ****er couldn't get Bouillon back any other way that to try injure him... if Bouillon had been able to get up, I would have loved to see him pound the crap out of the *******.

Call up Todd Simpson and give him Nordgren's number. This is why you keep guys like him around.

And in Downey's defense, at least he went after somebody to show that you don't pull that kind of stunt against the Habs, especially when you're a last place team up against one fighting for a playoff birth. Murray was in their too... good guys as far as I'm concerned.

Old
03-19-2006, 10:56 AM
High flyin' Habs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13
That hit was filled with malice and was with pure intent to injure. When two guys are going into the boards, and you're not thinking about the puck... you're thinking about lifting a much smaller guy off his skates knowing he'll crash hard into the boards, that warrants a hefty suspension as far as I'm concerned.

As was mentioned, Cherry's piece on the hit showed Nordgren's eyes focused on Bouillon and nowhere near the puck. This was retaliation for a clean hard hit that sparked the Habs for their first goal and got them back in the game. The dirty little ****er couldn't get Bouillon back any other way that to try injure him... if Bouillon had been able to get up, I would have loved to see him pound the crap out of the *******.

Call up Todd Simpson and give him Nordgren's number. This is why you keep guys like him around.

And in Downey's defense, at least he went after somebody to show that you don't pull that kind of stunt against the Habs, especially when you're a last place team up against one fighting for a playoff birth. Murray was in their too... good guys as far as I'm concerned.
Finally somebody gets it.

Old
03-19-2006, 11:03 AM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13

I don't see the point about the eyes. Nordgren knew exactly where the puck was, and was going there anyway. There was an imminent convergence. Really, Bouillon uses that kind of shoulder play all the time when going into the corner, and likewise has eyes on the player and not the puck. He just got unlucky this time. Had there been a crosscheck, or a slewfoot, or even a push from behind, it would have been dirty. It was just normal contact (possible a penalty) that ended badly for Bouillon.

Closed Thread