HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nordgren hit

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2006, 02:13 PM
NewGuy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
Downey has a bit of a rep for not being a real willing fighter, I think he wants to be more just an energy guy.

Last night's "fight" against Roy did look a bit suspicious, especially on TV. But I'm trying to tell myself that maybe Downey was worried about Bouillon, lookin' over there, and also when he went to the corner halfway through it, he was actually trying to clear a lane for the stretcher that was coming out, let the doctors and trainers do their work without having to get past the combatants. Something like that.
I thought Downey was trying to get enough space between him and Roy so that he could throw a knockout punch when Roy came at him. Unfortunately for Downey he missed and Roy didn't.

Old
03-20-2006, 10:34 AM
habscout

Send a message via ICQ to habscout Send a message via AIM to habscout Send a message via MSN to habscout Send a message via Yahoo to habscout
You're technically correct, that the referees can't call a penalty on a play like this. But, it was clearly a dirty play, and a needless one. I've been an advocate of the NHL taking out the touch-up icing. It's not in the NCAA level, and I've seen a number of college games; the play goes by quicker when you don't have the touch-up delay. It's not exciting, in fact it's probably the dullest thing about the NHL, because you know that 99% of the time the defender will touch the puck first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett
Nordgren's hit showed a lack of respect but you cant really call a penalty on the play.

The players kinda have to show a little more respect for each other with the touch icing because careers can easily end on these types of plays.

This kind of stuff will continue to happen as long as we have touch icing. Its just up to the players to make sure they give their opponents some respect and not force the opposition is a very awkward situation.

Old
03-20-2006, 10:43 AM
Nihilism

The whole sequence was so typical of the new NHL. Few minutes earlier, Souray got pushed down and high-sticked yet some how recieved a penalty yet this play was not called. The offical was standing there watching the whole thing.

Old
03-20-2006, 10:52 AM
Darz

I still cannot for the life on me figure out whythe league hasn't brought in the 'no-touch icing' rule.

I mean who the hell is against it???? The league brings in a goofy, out of left filed thing like the 'goalie can't touch the puck in this zone' rule, but doesn't bring in no-touch icing.

Just doesn't make any sense to me.