HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Slump Officially Over

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2006, 10:03 PM
FlyersFanJS

vCash: 500
Slump Officially Over

I think with this first 4 game winning streak of 2006 (kinda scary thought), the Flyers are back to being the team they are supposed to be. Playing hard, scoring goals, and playing physically.

Old
03-25-2006, 10:12 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

It's a consistant effort across the board combined with consistant lines. The key word is "consistant"...a word that has not been associated with the Flyers all year long.

All lines are firing, the secondary scoring appears to be there as long as the work ethic is there. I think Carter, Umberger and Dimitrakos are really setting the tone out there. They work hard and create chances every shift and that rubs off on everyone else. Of course, Richards has been doing that all year.

Old
03-25-2006, 11:00 PM
Gert B Frobe

I think the play of Nedved has been huge. The guy has been skating like he's 10 years younger... The defense looks good and Niitty is solid...

Best time of the year to start playing well

and I'm drunk too which makes everything seem that much better.

Old
03-26-2006, 12:03 AM
chthonic

i think the hustle and chemistry of dimitrakos deserves more than nedved. but really its a team thing. hopefully this hot streak goes for as long as that "slump" went.

Old
03-26-2006, 03:49 AM
Synthetic

Send a message via AIM to Synthetic Send a message via MSN to Synthetic
Everyone's playing well, even Savage. The new guys are playing like they've been here all year. I'm amazed at how quickly the team has turned it around. I was doubting we'd do anything during that slump we were in a while back.

Old
03-26-2006, 04:00 AM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 50
Forsbergs or the Flyers?

Old
03-26-2006, 06:40 AM
Philly Flyer Fan*

No, it's been way more than Forsberg. Although Peter has been superb, like all replies above.........it's been a total team effort. Old "slackers" like Savage & Nedved have picked up their game. Carter & Richards have stepped up, Niitty has been spectacular!

The slump is officially over.............

Congrats to the Flyers

Old
03-26-2006, 08:03 AM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Let's not get carried away here. It's funny how many on this board were predicting our fall out of a playoff spot even just two weeks ago.

The team has been playing really well lately, but the key is consistency. This can't just be a brief stretch. They need to play this way for over 2 months more. There's a lot of talent in the East, I've had confidence in this team's heart all year, but they will need to keep playing well. Still though, this is a lot better than the slump. I think Nitty has pretty much proven that he deserves to start. That Ottawa game would have been a shoot-out if he wasn't in net.

Old
03-26-2006, 09:55 AM
Jester

wow

knock on wood...

Old
03-26-2006, 09:58 AM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippyime
It's a consistant effort across the board combined with consistant lines. The key word is "consistant"...a word that has not been associated with the Flyers all year long.
All lines are firing, the secondary scoring appears to be there as long as the work ethic is there. I think Carter, Umberger and Dimitrakos are really setting the tone out there. They work hard and create chances every shift and that rubs off on everyone else. Of course, Richards has been doing that all year.
What about the long away roadtrip where they lost once. They are looking like the team they did when they went on that roadtrip. They have this extra jolt and are beating everyone to the puck. It is a great team effort

Old
03-26-2006, 12:35 PM
Banger

not really surprising since Forsberg was banged up, Gagne was out, Zus was out, Hatch was hurting Nedved had a groin issue and they dealtand they dealt for 2 solid players. Now people are getting healthy and they are able to roll the same lines and get in a rhythm.

Old
03-26-2006, 02:10 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoppaMan21
What about the long away roadtrip where they lost once. They are looking like the team they did when they went on that roadtrip. They have this extra jolt and are beating everyone to the puck. It is a great team effort
Consistency comes in a lot of forms. During that road trip, the lineup was not consistent (players coming and going from injury and the minors) and the effort wasn't always consistent either. We squeeked out a lot of those games by one goal when we weren't the best team on the ice that night. Consistent in the lack of losses, sure. But there were a lot of inconsistencies during that road trip that led to the huge slump.

Closed Thread