HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So TB or NYI today?

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2006, 01:01 PM
zx81

vCash: 500
So TB or NYI today?

Tough one to choose isn't it?
All I want is no OT even though I think a TB win may be better for us.
I think we'll have to aim for the 8th spot and forget TB or the Devils.

Old
03-19-2006, 01:14 PM
moshedw

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81
Tough one to choose isn't it?
All I want is no OT even though I think a TB win may be better for us.
I think we'll have to aim for the 8th spot and forget TB or the Devils.
I agree with you, cause if the islanders win this one than it just makes the race that much closer, and after 3 losses in a row by the habs my confidence is a bit gloomy so i want tampa to come out on top and the habs will still have 8th placed secure for the time being.

Old
03-19-2006, 01:18 PM
Traitor8

with Ottawa taking 1st in the East last night, I want the habs to finish 8th instead of 7th to face the Sens instead of the Hurricanes ...

Old
03-19-2006, 01:48 PM
Rather Gingerly 1*

Isles.

They'll never make the playoffs.

Old
03-19-2006, 02:00 PM
Titan124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rather Gingerly 1
Isles.

They'll never make the playoffs.
I love how Habs and Leafs fans are always totally oblivious to the teams chasing them. The Leafs fans were saying how the Islanders weren't anything to worry about, how the Islanders would never pass them, that sure worked out. Then the Habs fans counted us out, saying we were out of the race, now we're back in. Now you're saying that Isles will never make the playoffs. Is this the general consensus in Habs world? Based on the trend, that will be a great thing for the Isles.

Sorry for the brief rant. It's tough for you guys. You have the Capitals next, which would give reason to root for the Isles, but you've lost 3 in a row, including one to Pitt (though Habs have had bad luck with them all season). It would be safe if the Lightning win short term, but with only Pittsburgh and Washington being totally out of it, getting to seventh place would help a lot. It's a complicated situation, but if I were a habs fan I'd want the safe route, and would root for Tampa Bay.

Old
03-19-2006, 02:05 PM
x-bob

I don't beleive the Isles will amke the Playofs but I still would prefer if they lost tonight.

Old
03-19-2006, 02:07 PM
Rather Gingerly 1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan124
I love how Habs and Leafs fans are always totally oblivious to the teams chasing them. The Leafs fans were saying how the Islanders weren't anything to worry about, how the Islanders would never pass them, that sure worked out. Then the Habs fans counted us out, saying we were out of the race, now we're back in. Now you're saying that Isles will never make the playoffs. Is this the general consensus in Habs world? Based on the trend, that will be a great thing for the Isles.

Sorry for the brief rant. It's tough for you guys. You have the Capitals next, which would give reason to root for the Isles, but you've lost 3 in a row, including one to Pitt (though Habs have had bad luck with them all season). It would be safe if the Lightning win short term, but with only Pittsburgh and Washington being totally out of it, getting to seventh place would help a lot. It's a complicated situation, but if I were a habs fan I'd want the safe route, and would root for Tampa Bay.

No team can make the playoffs with Yashin as their #1 center

J/k.....The Isles have many holes...they are overachieving right now...nothing close to a playoff team

Old
03-19-2006, 02:27 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
Isles. I desperately need Dipietro to win to help me make the playoffs in fantasy hockey.

Old
03-19-2006, 03:13 PM
boredmale

As an Islanders fan, i would say it might be in your best interest we win. Personally i don't think we will make it, losing Zhitnik hurts us to much. But you have a bigger problem of Atlanta, who i think will make it. If Atlanta does make it then one of Montreal or Tampa has to be booted out, so do the math.

Old
03-19-2006, 03:26 PM
Rather Gingerly 1*

We keep playing like this we will be the team that does not make it.

Old
03-19-2006, 06:47 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Tampa has defeated the Islanders 5-2.

Old
03-19-2006, 06:56 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOMO_ROCKS
Tampa has defeated the Islanders 5-2.

Old
03-19-2006, 07:02 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Well the good news is there is more distance between us and the Islanders for the 8th spot and the race is wider rather than closer between us, Tampa and the Islanders. We need to focus on making the playoffs. I doubt we will finish higher than 8th anyways.

Old
03-19-2006, 07:11 PM
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOMO_ROCKS
Well the good news is there is more distance between us and the Islanders for the 8th spot and the race is wider rather than closer between us, Tampa and the Islanders. We need to focus on making the playoffs. I doubt we will finish higher than 8th anyways.
I'm coming to terms with that realization as well.

Although, one must remember that all is not lost for an opportunity to move up. Tampa is 5 pts ahead, but the Habs have 2 games in hand. New Jersey is now 5 pts ahead (playing tonight vs. Ottawa, 1-0 Ottawa, 2nd period) - if Ottawa helps us tonight, the Habs have 1 game in hand on NJ and still two games to play against them.

Things can change fast in this league. And the Habs do still have their destiny in their own hands. Needless to say, they will have to start stringing some victories if they want to make the playoffs at all. However if they do, the chances for moving up can still materialize. But it's definitely tougher after the rough week they just had.

Last edited by Turbo: 03-19-2006 at 07:37 PM.
Closed Thread