HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So TB or NYI today?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-19-2006, 01:01 PM
  #1
zx81
Registered User
 
zx81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,534
vCash: 500
So TB or NYI today?

Tough one to choose isn't it?
All I want is no OT even though I think a TB win may be better for us.
I think we'll have to aim for the 8th spot and forget TB or the Devils.

zx81 is offline  
Old
03-19-2006, 01:14 PM
  #2
moshedw
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York/Montreal
Country: Israel
Posts: 286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81
Tough one to choose isn't it?
All I want is no OT even though I think a TB win may be better for us.
I think we'll have to aim for the 8th spot and forget TB or the Devils.
I agree with you, cause if the islanders win this one than it just makes the race that much closer, and after 3 losses in a row by the habs my confidence is a bit gloomy so i want tampa to come out on top and the habs will still have 8th placed secure for the time being.

moshedw is offline  
Old
03-19-2006, 01:18 PM
  #3
Traitor8
Registered User
 
Traitor8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Country: Iraq
Posts: 4,914
vCash: 500
with Ottawa taking 1st in the East last night, I want the habs to finish 8th instead of 7th to face the Sens instead of the Hurricanes ...

Traitor8 is offline  
Old
03-19-2006, 01:48 PM
  #4
Rather Gingerly 1*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,832
vCash: 500
Isles.

They'll never make the playoffs.

Rather Gingerly 1* is offline  
Old
03-19-2006, 02:00 PM
  #5
Titan124
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rather Gingerly 1
Isles.

They'll never make the playoffs.
I love how Habs and Leafs fans are always totally oblivious to the teams chasing them. The Leafs fans were saying how the Islanders weren't anything to worry about, how the Islanders would never pass them, that sure worked out. Then the Habs fans counted us out, saying we were out of the race, now we're back in. Now you're saying that Isles will never make the playoffs. Is this the general consensus in Habs world? Based on the trend, that will be a great thing for the Isles.

Sorry for the brief rant. It's tough for you guys. You have the Capitals next, which would give reason to root for the Isles, but you've lost 3 in a row, including one to Pitt (though Habs have had bad luck with them all season). It would be safe if the Lightning win short term, but with only Pittsburgh and Washington being totally out of it, getting to seventh place would help a lot. It's a complicated situation, but if I were a habs fan I'd want the safe route, and would root for Tampa Bay.

Titan124 is offline  
Old
03-19-2006, 02:05 PM
  #6
x-bob
Registered User
 
x-bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,999
vCash: 500
I don't beleive the Isles will amke the Playofs but I still would prefer if they lost tonight.

x-bob is offline  
Old
03-19-2006, 02:07 PM
  #7
Rather Gingerly 1*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan124
I love how Habs and Leafs fans are always totally oblivious to the teams chasing them. The Leafs fans were saying how the Islanders weren't anything to worry about, how the Islanders would never pass them, that sure worked out. Then the Habs fans counted us out, saying we were out of the race, now we're back in. Now you're saying that Isles will never make the playoffs. Is this the general consensus in Habs world? Based on the trend, that will be a great thing for the Isles.

Sorry for the brief rant. It's tough for you guys. You have the Capitals next, which would give reason to root for the Isles, but you've lost 3 in a row, including one to Pitt (though Habs have had bad luck with them all season). It would be safe if the Lightning win short term, but with only Pittsburgh and Washington being totally out of it, getting to seventh place would help a lot. It's a complicated situation, but if I were a habs fan I'd want the safe route, and would root for Tampa Bay.

No team can make the playoffs with Yashin as their #1 center

J/k.....The Isles have many holes...they are overachieving right now...nothing close to a playoff team

Rather Gingerly 1* is offline  
Old
03-19-2006, 02:27 PM
  #8
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 29,425
vCash: 152
Isles. I desperately need Dipietro to win to help me make the playoffs in fantasy hockey.

Le Tricolore is offline  
Old
03-19-2006, 03:13 PM
  #9
boredmale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 25,918
vCash: 500
As an Islanders fan, i would say it might be in your best interest we win. Personally i don't think we will make it, losing Zhitnik hurts us to much. But you have a bigger problem of Atlanta, who i think will make it. If Atlanta does make it then one of Montreal or Tampa has to be booted out, so do the math.

boredmale is online now  
Old
03-19-2006, 03:26 PM
  #10
Rather Gingerly 1*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,832
vCash: 500
We keep playing like this we will be the team that does not make it.

Rather Gingerly 1* is offline  
Old
03-19-2006, 06:47 PM
  #11
KOMO_ROCKS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Richmond, B.C
Posts: 4,788
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Tampa has defeated the Islanders 5-2.

KOMO_ROCKS is offline  
Old
03-19-2006, 06:56 PM
  #12
Habsfan18
Registered User
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOMO_ROCKS
Tampa has defeated the Islanders 5-2.

Habsfan18 is offline  
Old
03-19-2006, 07:02 PM
  #13
KOMO_ROCKS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Richmond, B.C
Posts: 4,788
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Well the good news is there is more distance between us and the Islanders for the 8th spot and the race is wider rather than closer between us, Tampa and the Islanders. We need to focus on making the playoffs. I doubt we will finish higher than 8th anyways.

KOMO_ROCKS is offline  
Old
03-19-2006, 07:11 PM
  #14
Turbo
Registered User
 
Turbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Greys section 325
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOMO_ROCKS
Well the good news is there is more distance between us and the Islanders for the 8th spot and the race is wider rather than closer between us, Tampa and the Islanders. We need to focus on making the playoffs. I doubt we will finish higher than 8th anyways.
I'm coming to terms with that realization as well.

Although, one must remember that all is not lost for an opportunity to move up. Tampa is 5 pts ahead, but the Habs have 2 games in hand. New Jersey is now 5 pts ahead (playing tonight vs. Ottawa, 1-0 Ottawa, 2nd period) - if Ottawa helps us tonight, the Habs have 1 game in hand on NJ and still two games to play against them.

Things can change fast in this league. And the Habs do still have their destiny in their own hands. Needless to say, they will have to start stringing some victories if they want to make the playoffs at all. However if they do, the chances for moving up can still materialize. But it's definitely tougher after the rough week they just had.


Last edited by Turbo: 03-19-2006 at 07:37 PM.
Turbo is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.