HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Playoff Matchup predictions

Closed Thread

Old
03-20-2006, 01:05 PM
budscweizer16

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to budscweizer16
Playoff Matchup predictions

I was looking at the standings and figured this is how its gonna end. I think we win the division and end up playing Tampa Bay, which could be disasterious. I am almost certain if its not Tampa it will be one of these teams

New Jersey, or Buffalo

Heres how i see it shakeing down
1. Carolina
2. Ottawa
3. Flyers
4. Buffalo
5. New York
6. Tampa Bay
7. New Jersey
8. Atlanta

Was just wondering how everyone saw it finishing

Old
03-20-2006, 01:22 PM
donelikedinner

1. Ottawa
2. Carolina
3. Rangers
4. Buffalo
5. Flyers
6. Tampa Bay
7. New Jersey
8. Montreal

Old
03-20-2006, 01:27 PM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
I hope we can get the division lead back, I wouldn't look forward to playing the Sabres in the first round. At least if it's the Devils, we have a very good shot of making it to the 2nd round.

Old
03-20-2006, 01:37 PM
TheKingPin

1. Ottawa
2. Carolina
3. Flyers
4. Buffalo
5. Rangers
6. New Jersey
7. Tampa Bay
8. Montreal

1st round
Ottawa vs. Montreal---Ottawa
Carolina vs Tampa Bay--Tampa Bay
Flyers vs NJ--Flyers
Buffalo vs Rangers-- Rangers

2nd round
Ottawa vs Tampa Bay-- Ottawa
Flyers vs Rangers--Flyers

3rd round
Ottawa vs Flyers---Flyers

Finals
Detroit vs Flyers---Detroit

This is assuming that Ottawa gets back Havlat and Hasek by the playoffs...if not then Tampa beats them in the 2nd round

Old
03-20-2006, 01:43 PM
Sanders

I see us getting the division lead back pretty easily. I just really hope we avoid Tampa Bay in the playoffs.

Old
03-20-2006, 01:49 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders
I see us getting the division lead back pretty easily. I just really hope we avoid Tampa Bay in the playoffs.
Not me, LeCavalier will probably get suspended for jumping Gauthier midway through the series.

He flipped out after only one game, I can't imagine what he'd do by the end of a seven game series.

Old
03-20-2006, 02:08 PM
Art Vandelay

Send a message via MSN to Art Vandelay
1. Ottawa
2. Carolina
3. Philadelphia
4. Buffalo
5. NY Rangers
6. Montreal
7. Tampa Bay
8. Atlanta

Old
03-20-2006, 03:30 PM
BringBackStevens

i want no part of tampa bay. they like to wipe the floor with us
however i would be really surprised if we didnt get matched up with:

tampa
NJ
or buffalo

Old
03-20-2006, 03:47 PM
budscweizer16

Send a message via AIM to budscweizer16
Quote:
I think we win the division and end up playing Tampa Bay, which could be disasterious. I am almost certain if its not Tampa it will be one of these teams

New Jersey, or Buffalo
exactly my thinking Kylez

Old
03-20-2006, 04:38 PM
KasparKrunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders

haha, good one.

Old
03-20-2006, 04:49 PM
FlyersFanJS

the rangers are fizzling somewhat and as long as we turn it around (which it looks like is happening) then we will win the division. as for not wanting to play tampa, i completely agree, BUT...it's tough to beat a team 10 times in one season, i think the flyers can pull it out...ideally, the bolts get into the 5th slot and let buf and tb beat the hell out of each other

Old
03-20-2006, 05:04 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasparKrunch
haha, good one.
please no one else respond to this so we can keep this thread clean...i think it will be cool to keep around and look back on

FIGHT THE URGE

Old
03-20-2006, 05:30 PM
phlacheesesteak

1.Ottawa
2.Carolina
3.NYR
4.Beefalo
5.Philly
6.NJ
7.Montreal
8.ATL---it could happen, maybe............ok, im out on a limb here, heres to not dealing with Tampa

Old
03-20-2006, 09:52 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 2642
Ottawa
Carolina
NY Rangers
Buffalo
Philadelphia
New Jersey
Montreal
Tampa Bay

Old
03-20-2006, 11:06 PM
swflyers8*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasparKrunch
haha, good one.
Yes, you did win tonight to put you up by 4 points I believe. You don't play again until you play us. We play NJ tomorrow night and we should win, that's 2 behind the Rangers. We play you Wednesday night and if (and when) we win, we are tied again. You haven't beaten us in your own building this year.

Old
03-21-2006, 08:20 AM
Lupul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryforHockey25
Yes, you did win tonight to put you up by 4 points I believe. You don't play again until you play us. We play NJ tomorrow night and we should win, that's 2 behind the Rangers. We play you Wednesday night and if (and when) we win, we are tied again. You haven't beaten us in your own building this year.
With the exception of the first game of the season I guess.

Old
03-21-2006, 08:46 AM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicto10
With the exception of the first game of the season I guess.
That was in the Wach

Old
03-21-2006, 11:25 AM
McDonagh27

Here's to an exciting division race for the rest of the year... A division win for the Flyers, however possible, is not guarenteed... I don't know why you guys are so confident that the Rangers will falter.. We did handle you fairly easily last game.. The Rangers arent fizziling, they won 3 straight after their losing streak, and they'll be looking for 4 in a row and a 6 pt lead on you guys Wednesday...

Old
03-21-2006, 11:36 AM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

Sorry Philly fans, but it's just not your year or mine. Rangers Vs. Ottawa in the conference finals. Jagar, not Foresberg is the best player in the world right now. And the kid Lundquist is the real deal, at least this year he is.

Old
03-21-2006, 12:46 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrstrakanylander
Here's to an exciting division race for the rest of the year... A division win for the Flyers, however possible, is not guarenteed... I don't know why you guys are so confident that the Rangers will falter.. We did handle you fairly easily last game.. The Rangers arent fizziling, they won 3 straight after their losing streak, and they'll be looking for 4 in a row and a 6 pt lead on you guys Wednesday...
The Rangers can be playing at thier best as far as im concerned. We are finally healthy for the first time in months and months. The help of you guys fizziling would be nice but i dont expect it. And by Wednesday we will be looking at a tie for the division. Jagr will be getting destroyed by either Gautier or Hatcher, cant escape them the entire game. Plus you have a team full of playoff underachievers. And since this is basically playoff time I think you will see your team start to waiver.

Old
03-21-2006, 01:21 PM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersphan
The Rangers can be playing at thier best as far as im concerned. We are finally healthy for the first time in months and months. The help of you guys fizziling would be nice but i dont expect it. And by Wednesday we will be looking at a tie for the division. Jagr will be getting destroyed by either Gautier or Hatcher, cant escape them the entire game. Plus you have a team full of playoff underachievers. And since this is basically playoff time I think you will see your team start to waiver.
That's rich...a Flyer fan talking about plaoff underachievers!!!

And something tells me Jagr isn't to concerned about Hatcher who's been TRYING, key word TRYING to shut down Jagr all year...how did that work out?

Jagr: 5 games, 6 G, 5 A, +4 (3 GW goals)
Forsberg: 3 games, 0 G, 3 A, -2

Maybe I'm crazy but you sound awful confident in Hatcher/Gauthier being able to contain this guy when he's simply owned you defense so far this season.

Old
03-21-2006, 01:30 PM
swflyers8*

Quote:
Maybe I'm crazy but you sound awful confident in Hatcher/Gauthier being able to contain this guy when he's simply owned you defense so far this season.
Let's see, the last game was out of hand to begin with so you can have that game. The two before that we won in dramatic fashion in OT in the Garden. Then the game before that you won in OT in our building and the first game of the season you won. A lot has changed since then, our defensive guys are back in Kapanen and Handzus who are pretty good at shutting down guys. We could take what the Bruins did last night and put a guy (like the B's did with Stastny) on Jagr all night to pester him. I don't recall Jagr getting on the score sheet last night, do you? This formula can be adopted by any team that plays you in the playoffs or in a future game.

Quote:
Sorry Philly fans, but it's just not your year or mine. Rangers Vs. Ottawa in the conference finals. Jagar, not Foresberg is the best player in the world right now. And the kid Lundquist is the real deal, at least this year he is.
The Devils stink, of course it isn't your year. When almost healthy, we can be an unstoppable team. That road trip proved that. I would take Forsberg over Jagr any day, Forsberg never takes games off like Jagr has and probably will.

Quote:
and they'll be looking for 4 in a row and a 6 pt lead on you guys Wednesday...
That's just wishful thinking on your part, sorry.

Old
03-21-2006, 01:41 PM
JR#9*

Quote:
Let's see, the last game was out of hand to begin with so you can have that game. The two before that we won in dramatic fashion in OT in the Garden. Then the game before that you won in OT in our building and the first game of the season you won. A lot has changed since then, our defensive guys are back in Kapanen and Handzus who are pretty good at shutting down guys. We could take what the Bruins did last night and put a guy (like the B's did with Stastny) on Jagr all night to pester him. I don't recall Jagr getting on the score sheet last night, do you? This formula can be adopted by any team that plays you in the playoffs or in a future game.

The Devils stink, of course it isn't your year. When almost healthy, we can be an unstoppable team. That road trip proved that. I would take Forsberg over Jagr any day, Forsberg never takes games off like Jagr has and probably will.

That's just wishful thinking on your part, sorry.
An unstoppable team?

Am I on the same board that just a couple of days agao was going on and on about how Hitch has lost the team....the same posters who said they'd never seen a Flyer team play with less heart after getting beaten by Pitt...the same team that STILL has goaltending issues and one where neither can emerge as the #1 goalie?

As for Jagr, maybe you should actually watch these games because YES, Jagr recorded an assist last night and last I checked that still counted as a point in the NHL.

Aside from that you'd see that Jagr and the NYR coaching staff have seen this before and have made adjustments to take adavatage of it like Jagr going and standing right next to another player on the oppossing team so that it's a 4 on 3 everywhere else on the ice in the NYR's favor or the fact that in doing this last night it totally stiffled the B's attack to the point where they had to abandon the stategy half way through the game as it simply wasn't working but be my guest and give it a shot Wed night.

And one last comment you made about Jagr taking nights off...again, the guy has had groind injuries all year and has yet to miss even ONE game and he has been spectacular in pretty much each and every one of thus thus leading the NHL in both goals and points and GWG's...how many games has Peter missed again???At least he was healthy enough to suit up for Sweden in the Olympics after missing all the Flyer games leading up to it...and who was that that pulled himself from the lineup the other night...was that Jagr or Forsberg?

Old
03-21-2006, 01:54 PM
swflyers8*

Quote:
.the same team that STILL has goaltending issues and one where neither can emerge as the #1 goalie?
We have no goaltending issues. Both can be #1, both have. I like having 2 guys that are capable of handling the playoff pressure which both have already. It's a great "problem" to have.

Quote:
As for Jagr, maybe you should actually watch these games because YES, Jagr recorded an assist last night and last I checked that still counted as a point in the NHL.
My bad, I stopped watching when the game was gone for the B's. He had one assist. You have to give credit to the B's, they did keep the NHL's goal leader without a goal, it's a good formula that a more talented team could use come playoff time.

Quote:
Aside from that you'd see that Jagr and the NYR coaching staff have seen this before and have made adjustments to take adavatage of it like Jagr going and standing right next to another player on the oppossing team so that it's a 4 on 3 everywhere else on the ice in the NYR's favor or the fact that in doing this last night it totally stiffled the B's attack to the point where they had to abandon the stategy half way through the game as it simply wasn't working but be my guest and give it a shot Wed night.
Like I said, we aren't the Bruins. A coach like Hitch could make that formula work.

Quote:
And one last comment you made about Jagr taking nights off...again, the guy has had groind injuries all year and has yet to miss even ONE game and he has been spectacular in pretty much each and every one of thus thus leading the NHL in both goals and points and GWG's...how many games has Peter missed again???At least he was healthy enough to suit up for Sweden in the Olympics after missing all the Flyer games leading up to it...and who was that that pulled himself from the lineup the other night...was that Jagr or Forsberg?
I don't care if Peter pulls himself out of a game against the Thrashers? We won. He can take off all the games he wants to be ready for the playoffs. Works for me. Peter knows what he is doing. Also, I'm not talking about taking games off, like skipping them. I'm talking about being in the lineup but not doing anything of impact which Jagr has been guilty of doing many times in the past.

Old
03-21-2006, 02:08 PM
JR#9*

Quote:
We have no goaltending issues. Both can be #1, both have. I like having 2 guys that are capable of handling the playoff pressure which both have already. It's a great "problem" to have.

My bad, I stopped watching when the game was gone for the B's. He had one assist. You have to give credit to the B's, they did keep the NHL's goal leader without a goal, it's a good formula that a more talented team could use come playoff time.

Like I said, we aren't the Bruins. A coach like Hitch could make that formula work.

I don't care if Peter pulls himself out of a game against the Thrashers? We won. He can take off all the games he wants to be ready for the playoffs. Works for me. Peter knows what he is doing. Also, I'm not talking about taking games off, like skipping them. I'm talking about being in the lineup but not doing anything of impact which Jagr has been guilty of doing many times in the past.
what's that old saying in hockey...."if you have 2 number 1 goalies you have no numer one at all".

As for Hitch coming up with a defensive sustem to shut down Jagr better why hasn't he done it thus far as Jagr has run wild over you guys and aside from that this isn't exactly Hitch's best year in coming up with defensive schemes to shut teams down, in fact all his teams from yrs past are significantly more scary defensively then the current squad.

Closed Thread