HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Anyone else sick of Kovalchuk?

Closed Thread

Old
10-27-2003, 03:10 PM
dawgbone

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Anyone else sick of Kovalchuk?

I mean, he scored into an empty net 7 games into the regular season, not game 7 of the cup finals...

What an idiot... and it kills me to say it but God I hope Tucker does something stupid to him tonight.

Old
10-27-2003, 03:18 PM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
I mean, he scored into an empty net 7 games into the regular season, not game 7 of the cup finals...

What an idiot... and it kills me to say it but God I hope Tucker does something stupid to him tonight.
I love his talent, but there's not enough mustard on this entire planet to cover that hot dog. He needs to eat shovel.

Old
10-27-2003, 03:28 PM
nineteen79

I remember him doing the same sort of thing against Canada in the world juniors a few years back.just disgraceful.

Old
10-27-2003, 03:33 PM
speeds

wahh, wahh, wahh

he's an exceptional talent with a huge drvie to win.

I'd love to see him as an Oiler, no questions asked.

Old
10-27-2003, 03:54 PM
dawgbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeds
he's an exceptional talent with a huge drvie to win.

I'd love to see him as an Oiler, no questions asked.
Well seeing as it is never gonna happen, I can't wait to see someone absolutely ruin him, hopefully making him re-think his attitude a little.

Old
10-27-2003, 03:57 PM
serum114

I'd actually much rather see him score 50 in 50 and prance all the way into the record books. He may be an arrogant punk, but look what he's accomplished.

He is currently the lone go-to guy in Atlanta, with every team keying in on him, and he has 10 goals in 7 games. That's pretty sick man. He may have a ***** attitude, but my god, this league needs players of his skill and creativity playing, not sitting in sick bay because a cheap little puke like Tucker thinks he should teach him a lesson about attitude control.

My 2 cents...

Old
10-27-2003, 04:01 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

the shame is with the nhl becoming a ballet with stick swinging that borje salming would be proud of ilya wont learn this lesson. just think back in the eighties this guys own teammates would have kicked the crap out of him and told him to have respect for the game. the nhl is going the way of mlb, nba, and the nfl no respect whatsoever. just turns me off, give me a break apparently these kids i stress kids are good role models for our children.

Old
10-27-2003, 04:01 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
He is a cockey little jerk - but he's competative and loves to score and he loves to win and gets excited when he does both. I will NEVER EVER hold that against a player - although he does push his luck sometimes. If he was an Oiler we'd probably be talking about how we love the emotion he is showing (please don't barrage me with the "no I hate people like that" comments).

Old
10-27-2003, 04:05 PM
dawgbone

Hey, I understand showing emotion, and being competetive....

But come on, 6 arm pumps for an empy net goal 7 games into the season???

Old
10-27-2003, 04:09 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:

ya. he was excited he scored, and that his team had locked up another win. He can get carried away - but atleast it shows he has a great passion for the game and scoring and winning.

Old
10-27-2003, 04:12 PM
momentai

Quote:

His goal capped off a hat trick where he single-handedly brought his team back from a deficit to win the game.

He's an exceptional kid. Cocky, yes, but he can definitely back it up.

Old
10-27-2003, 04:32 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Ya know what, if he scored 85 pts for my team, he could ride a donkey every time he scored and I personally would not care either way. When you're lazy and don't care like Jagr and Federov, THEN I have a problem.

Old
10-27-2003, 04:53 PM
Thalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by serum114
I'd actually much rather see him score 50 in 50 and prance all the way into the record books. He may be an arrogant punk, but look what he's accomplished.

He is currently the lone go-to guy in Atlanta, with every team keying in on him, and he has 10 goals in 7 games. That's pretty sick man. He may have a ***** attitude, but my god, this league needs players of his skill and creativity playing, not sitting in sick bay because a cheap little puke like Tucker thinks he should teach him a lesson about attitude control.

My 2 cents...
I agree with your 2 cents. That 'bout sums it up imo.

Old
10-27-2003, 05:07 PM
G-Double

Send a message via AIM to G-Double
like momentai said, he scored the third goal of the game which was his 2nd straight trick at home, a feat that i can't say i've ever seen myself, and he brought his team back single-handedly. The thing about Ilya is that he celebrates as much when his teamates score as when he does, he is always the first one over there to jump on him and thats because he wants to win.

If you saw the game or at least the highlights you would realize that when the score was 2-0 and he scored on the PP he didn't celebrate in the fashion that everyone believes is so routine for him. Instead he went about his business playing with intensity that is rarely matched throught the league.

Can you imgaine being a 20 yr old almost single-handedly trying to arry your team after your best friend is seriously injured and out for the season not to mention awaiting trial, and another of your friends was killed just before the season started.

And now you're not allowed to celebrate your 2nd hatrick in 2 games AND the comeback win that is helping your team off to a ridculously awesome start.

Gimme a break

Old
10-27-2003, 05:21 PM
jadeddog

yeah give this guy a break..... hes a PHENOMENAL (sp?) talent and the league needs talents like this.... sure hes cocky, but so are lots of young men, hell i was pretty cocky when i was 20 as well (comparitavly to me now anyhow, lol)..... i think its great what hes doing and i wish like HELL edmonton had him.... at least hes being cocky *on* the ice, our own premadonna isnt even playing, before anybody says anything bad about him i think you need to ask yourself what is worst: playing ridiculously well and being a lil' cocky about it, or not playing at all - but somehow still thinking your ***** dont stink, that your god gift and that you should be treated special..... sure kovy may think all these things, but at least hes backing it up on the ice

Old
10-27-2003, 05:27 PM
Kerplunk

vCash:
Saying Kovalchuk needs an attitude adjustment is an understatement and saying so doesn't take away from his talent or what he means to his team IMHO.

Old
10-27-2003, 05:42 PM
Belcriss

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Double
like momentai said, he scored the third goal of the game which was his 2nd straight trick at home, a feat that i can't say i've ever seen myself, and he brought his team back single-handedly. The thing about Ilya is that he celebrates as much when his teamates score as when he does, he is always the first one over there to jump on him and thats because he wants to win.

If you saw the game or at least the highlights you would realize that when the score was 2-0 and he scored on the PP he didn't celebrate in the fashion that everyone believes is so routine for him. Instead he went about his business playing with intensity that is rarely matched throught the league.

Can you imgaine being a 20 yr old almost single-handedly trying to arry your team after your best friend is seriously injured and out for the season not to mention awaiting trial, and another of your friends was killed just before the season started.

And now you're not allowed to celebrate your 2nd hatrick in 2 games AND the comeback win that is helping your team off to a ridculously awesome start.

Gimme a break

Last year when Kovo grabbed Comrie and started punching him when we were in Atlanta, I thought what a f@TT$&) a$$hole. Now I wish he would punched some sense into him. I don't care what anyone says about Kovo, he is playing hard, and playing well. If he wants to pump his fist in the air five, ten or skate around the whole arena doing it, Atlanta needs it. He has really helped that city, and that team overcome something that would devastate most teams. If only our team would come together like that, maybe we would be winning also. Jealousy will get ya no where.... but hey, we can dream. Thats all we have these days, memories, and dreams. Reality in Edmonton really sucks right now. Even if we do back into the playoffs, our team just doesn't have the guts to win. They always back off at the worst possible time. Atlanta once again came back and beat Toronto tonight, and it was great to see. When was the last time the Oilers came back from 2-0 and won? We definitely have no character showing on the ice. Nobody is leading this team.

Old
10-27-2003, 05:50 PM
Kerplunk

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belcriss
Reality in Edmonton really sucks right now. Even if we do back into the playoffs, our team just doesn't have the guts to win. They always back off at the worst possible time. Atlanta once again came back and beat Toronto tonight, and it was great to see. When was the last time the Oilers came back from 2-0 and won? We definitely have no character showing on the ice. Nobody is leading this team.
We're only 8 games into an 82 game schedule so I fail to see how you can draw the kind of conclusions you do about the character of the Oilers.

Old
10-27-2003, 06:52 PM
LawnDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerplunk
We're only 8 games into an 82 game schedule so I fail to see how you can draw the kind of conclusions you do about the character of the Oilers.
that being said, i would likely give 6 arm pumps if any oiler scored into an empty net... by logical extension it would mean that they actually won a game. :p

Old
10-27-2003, 06:57 PM
mamettt

Ah, dawgbone, hoping that a player gets hurt and injured...very classy. I never thougt I'd hearan oiler fan say that about anybody other than a complete goon(i.e. tucker) but I guess there's a first for everything. Kovalchuck is a great talent, enough said. Calling for him to be injured is sad and counterproductive.

Old
10-27-2003, 07:15 PM
nordique

vCash:
He's the Kobe Bryant of the NHL...without the, y'know, **** trial.

Old
10-27-2003, 07:33 PM
Malmo_Mike

I've got him in my pool...what more can I say

Old
10-27-2003, 08:40 PM
reg dunlop

he is an outstanding player, the type that small market teams like calgary and edmonton will never have again.... quite sad really. i agree, the nhl is so watered down, very little action, 2-1 games all the time.. who cares if he is a hot dog, he backs it up, and the nhl needs more of players like this

Old
10-27-2003, 08:43 PM
Nielson81

Send a message via ICQ to Nielson81
Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
If he was an Oiler we'd probably be talking about how we love the emotion he is showing (please don't barrage me with the "no I hate people like that" comments).

This guy hit the hammer on the nail!!

If he was on your team he would be full of emotion and the greatest thign since greatest. Personally I love the guy and I hate Don Cherry and his stupid comments, I wonder what he will say for Spezza cross checking a guy to the face and hitting the referee......just good clean hockey from a good canadian kid...puhlease, he got hammered by Begin and lost his cool.

Kovalchuk is AWESOME and if he hot dogs why not, it was his hat-trick goal, has an Oiler never ever celebrated a little to much.....most likely!!

By the way he also beat the crap out of Comrie last year!! Remember!!

Kovalchuk leading the NHL in scoring, Comrie whining on the sidelines!!

GO KOVY

Unbiased Canadian

Old
10-27-2003, 08:45 PM
Waveburner
RIP Luc

Quote:
Originally Posted by serum114

My 2 cents...
Not even gonna read the rest of the thread, you posted my sentiments exactly! The league is literally LITTERED with talentless thugs and muckers, and people want to see the few, and I do mean F-E-W, stars the NHL has go down to injury? I'm pretty sure people felt the EXACT same thing about Gretzky's shameless goal celebration's in his early days. Boy, it sure does suck that he was allowed to grow out of that attitude. I sure know I hated seeing the greatest player ever actually allowed to SKATE instead of getting concussed every 40 games.

Closed Thread