HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Kim Johnsson Update?

Closed Thread

Old
03-21-2006, 10:21 AM
Samsonites

vCash: 500
Kim Johnsson Update?

Any update on Kim?

Old
03-21-2006, 10:53 AM
Viberg

From philadelphiaflyers.com a few days ago:

"Flyers defenseman Kim Johnsson, who has been out of the lineup with a concussion, is continuing to progress back at the team’s practice facility in New Jersey while the team is away.

Athletic Trainer and Strength and Conditioning Coach Jim McCrossin updated Johnsson’s condition before the game against Tampa Bay on Friday night.

“I spoke with Kim [Friday] and he is continuing to progress, so we’ll get him on the ice next week,” said McCrossin. “Otherwise, he sounded very positive. He is noticing improvement. He still has symptoms, but they are not lasting as long as they did and they are not as severe, which is great.”

Johnsson will travel to Pittsburgh on Wednesday to visit with Dr. Mickey Collins, in order to “get another set of eyes on him,” according to McCrossin. There is still no timetable on the defenseman’s return.

“If he is able to go ahead and exercise and is able to push himself when he has no symptoms…we’re not at that point yet,” said McCrossin."

Looks like he´s getting a bit better atleast...

Old
03-21-2006, 12:22 PM
MojoJojo

A rested and healthy KJ coming back right in time for the playoffs would be HUGE for this team.

Old
03-21-2006, 12:31 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo
A rested and healthy KJ coming back right in time for the playoffs would be HUGE for this team.
Indispensable, I dare say.

With a healthy roster, bring any team, and we'll compete.

Old
03-21-2006, 12:41 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC
Indispensable, I dare say.

With a healthy roster, bring any team, and we'll compete.

yea I agree. No team will want to play us...even tampa. Keep you fingers crossed because a lot is riding on the Doc appointment Wednesday.

Old
03-21-2006, 01:01 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
only thing is meyer will prob get the shaft. maybe theyll rest rtahjes injury until playoffs? or maybe rest rico?

Old
03-21-2006, 01:20 PM
mercury

I agree wholeheartedly. I would feel bad for Meyer, but being the #7 guy for the playoffs would not be a bad thing for him. Besides, history tells us that at least one defenseman will go down during the playoffs, so having him there to pick up the slack would be great. Also, giving one of Rathje/Rico/KJ a breather every couple a games might be a good idea.

Pitkanen-Rathje
Hatcher-Johnsson
Gauthier-Desjardins
Meyer

Looks good to me. As long we don't lose two or more guys for any significant period of time, we look set on D with a healthy Johnsson. Does that sound dirty to anyone else?

Old
03-21-2006, 01:34 PM
donelikedinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovercraft
only thing is meyer will prob get the shaft. maybe theyll rest rtahjes injury until playoffs? or maybe rest rico?
for a yound dman, sitting on the bench for the playoffs would be a big learning step and would definitely help his overall developement.

Old
03-21-2006, 02:27 PM
GameFace247SON
@NHLonICE

Send a message via AIM to GameFace247SON
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury
I agree wholeheartedly. I would feel bad for Meyer, but being the #7 guy for the playoffs would not be a bad thing for him. Besides, history tells us that at least one defenseman will go down during the playoffs, so having him there to pick up the slack would be great. Also, giving one of Rathje/Rico/KJ a breather every couple a games might be a good idea.

Pitkanen-Rathje
Hatcher-Johnsson
Gauthier-Desjardins
Meyer

Looks good to me. As long we don't lose two or more guys for any significant period of time, we look set on D with a healthy Johnsson. Does that sound dirty to anyone else?
excuse me, excuse me, are we now discussing a healthy flyers d-core going into the playoffs? I can't hear you, I think I have something crazy in my ear

Old
03-21-2006, 03:14 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameFace247SON
excuse me, excuse me, are we now discussing a healthy flyers d-core going into the playoffs? I can't hear you, I think I have something crazy in my ear
You're excused, Pessimism *****!

Old
03-22-2006, 10:55 AM
tytech

Pitkanen-Rathje
Hatcher-Johnsson
Gauthier-Desjardins
Meyer

Yeah that looks good. It looks great. A hard noser with a finesse/points guy. I liked Meyer's speed when paired with any of the slow @sses on this teams defence. He's saved Hatcher and Rathje a few times by getting back. He will be missed during the playoofs I think. He is the most noticeable defencemen.

Old
03-22-2006, 11:10 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytech
Pitkanen-Rathje
Hatcher-Johnsson
Gauthier-Desjardins
Meyer

Yeah that looks good. It looks great. A hard noser with a finesse/points guy. I liked Meyer's speed when paired with any of the slow @sses on this teams defence. He's saved Hatcher and Rathje a few times by getting back. He will be missed during the playoofs I think. He is the most noticeable defencemen.
erm, Pitkanen?

not that i don't like Meyer, and think he will be a solid player... but i think that might be a bit strong.

Old
03-22-2006, 01:34 PM
Cmoneyflyguy

any newnews on Johnsson

Old
03-22-2006, 03:14 PM
tytech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
erm, Pitkanen?

not that i don't like Meyer, and think he will be a solid player... but i think that might be a bit strong.
I watch every Flyer game and find Meyer is more noticeable. Pitkanen does some neat things and gets more points but I find Meyer has more rushes, more circles back into our own end behind the net if there is pressure etc. Pitkanen I take any day over Meyer but lets not confuse the context of what was said. Meyer is more noticeable and will learn when to rush up, when to shoot and how to shoot to get the same points that Pits does. He is more flashy and faster than Pitkanen and therefore, if that's the game I like, more noticeable.

Old
03-22-2006, 03:34 PM
Cuiff

Quote:
I watch every Flyer game and find Meyer is more noticeable. Pitkanen does some neat things and gets more points but I find Meyer has more rushes, more circles back into our own end behind the net if there is pressure etc. Pitkanen I take any day over Meyer but lets not confuse the context of what was said. Meyer is more noticeable and will learn when to rush up, when to shoot and how to shoot to get the same points that Pits does. He is more flashy and faster than Pitkanen and therefore, if that's the game I like, more noticeable.
Faster???

Old
03-23-2006, 02:54 PM
Jester

Quote:
i'm questioning the "i watch every Flyer game" comment after that... Pitkanen is faster than Meyer, and i'd go with easily so... he looks like he's going slower because he's taller and thus doesn't have to motor his legs as much as Meyer... he's also got about 10x the stick skill of Meyer and has had NUMEROUS jaw-dropping plays working the puck this year, not to mention some stupendous goals (the shot against Boston was one of the best shots i've ever seen).

Old
03-23-2006, 03:02 PM
GameFace247SON
@NHLonICE

Send a message via AIM to GameFace247SON
Quote:
i'm questioning the "i watch every Flyer game" comment after that... Pitkanen is faster than Meyer, and i'd go with easily so... he looks like he's going slower because he's taller and thus doesn't have to motor his legs as much as Meyer... he's also got about 10x the stick skill of Meyer and has had NUMEROUS jaw-dropping plays working the puck this year, not to mention some stupendous goals (the shot against Boston was one of the best shots i've ever seen).
pitkanen is usually one of the top 2 skaters/puckhandlers on the ice on either team at any given time

Old
03-23-2006, 03:16 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameFace247SON
pitkanen is usually one of the top 2 skaters/puckhandlers on the ice on either team at any given time
seriously... if he hadn't gotten hurt this year he might have been a darkhorse Norris candidate the way he was going.

Old
03-23-2006, 03:56 PM
ArchieIsGod

Quote:
seriously... if he hadn't gotten hurt this year he might have been a darkhorse Norris candidate the way he was going.

well maybe he can make up for it and win the conn smythe

Old
03-23-2006, 04:39 PM
King Fish

Well it's Thursday, any KJ update? I thought he was being evaluated yesterday.

Closed Thread