HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT - Canadiens vs. Islanders - 7 PM EST

Closed Thread

Old
03-21-2006, 09:52 PM
Hab-a-maniac

vCash: 500
Well, if anyone's gonna pass us I'd rather it be Atlanta than Toronto. Still, to finish behind them both after the start we had and that 6 game post-olympic road trip? Heartbreaking. Let's hope this disillusioned, ugly team get the wake up call they've needed so bad. After tonight's affair slipping through their fingers, they have to know there is no satisfaction unless we win. Our games with the Leafs will come down to which team has the better offense really. And which team has the better leaders. I'd bank on Toronto with their experience and pride but they also seem vulnerable to getting spanked on the road as usual. I hope they know they'll have trouble living it down if they do miss the post-season and that big changes may arise and young guys will have their big chances. Gainey has some serious work to do and he'd better get on it or we'll fall behind the pack like we did in the late 90s. What a nervous time to be a Canadiens fan, eh?

Old
03-21-2006, 09:53 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalHabFan
What's the solution?
Aebischer?
Just like you said, he's had some bad ones, but all in all: Huet has stolen more games than he's given up.
I'm still not ready to give up on Huet, he's the best thing that's happened to the Habs this season.
I agree...we didn't lose the game because of Huet...

The Islanders were actualy pretty bad tonight...but we were still the worst team on the ice...

Old
03-21-2006, 09:53 PM
speed11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
You'd figure he'd get less icetime then he is now... Bonk has been better...
you would figure...and please get rid of that avatar, it's making me sick =/

Old
03-21-2006, 09:54 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano
I hope you won some money at least.

Cap
That's the bad part about it..

Old
Hab-a-maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDamned
I'm 4 in 4 in my last predictions guys.
For those who didnt believe me
Yes yes we know. So go and put money it and do yourself a favour. And please no more predictions. If you want us to lose so badly, go bet on it like I said. There's enough negativity to go around at the moment.

Old
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

atl wins

Old
Westcoasthabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBHABSFAN
That officially moves us into 9th spot.
November seems so long ago........

Old
03-21-2006, 09:56 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed11
you would figure...and please get rid of that avatar, it's making me sick =/
Haha, I'll make a Markov one when he gets back, and take great pride in it.

Old
03-21-2006, 09:57 PM
canada_habs2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett
atl wins
and you there have it.

Old
03-21-2006, 09:57 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac
Well, if anyone's gonna pass us I'd rather it be Atlanta than Toronto. Still, to finish behind them both after the start we had and that 6 game post-olympic road trip? Heartbreaking. Let's hope this disillusioned, ugly team get the wake up call they've needed so bad.
I thought the Pens loss was a wake up call?

Old
03-21-2006, 09:58 PM
Turbo

Terrible night...

Habs lose
Atlanta win
Toronto win

only consolation is NJ lost

Now a bunch of teams around the last playoff spots...

On that note, good night boys... think it's time to sleep on this one and refocus on the Leafs. Hope they bring their A game for that one, I'm going to it.

Old
lennywebster

That's OK .. I posted two bad post . but seriously

If Gainey expected to start Aby vs the leafs thursday or saturday .. he should put him in the net tonight againts the islanders. To rebuilt his confidence outside the bell centers bashers. I hope he'll step up . we need our goaltender in a hot streak until the big guys ends there slumps.

Those game againts the leafs are the most importants of the season.

Old
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac
Yes yes we know. So go and put money it and do yourself a favour. And please no more predictions. If you want us to lose so badly, go bet on it like I said. There's enough negativity to go around at the moment.
I'm the last one who wants to see the Habs lose man, that's the sad part. But I had the feeling we were gonna lose this one, same with the Pens game. Don't ask me how, why, but i had the feeling

Old
03-21-2006, 10:00 PM
Chfan
HFB Partner

Quote:
I'm the last one who wants to see the Habs lose man, that's the sad part. But I had the feeling we were gonna lose this one, same with the Pens game. Don't ask me how, why, but i had the feeling
You had the "feeling" for every games of the season...

Old
03-21-2006, 10:01 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

the only way that the habs were winning before was with Huet playing like a superhuman. Right now, he's not terrible but that's not good enough for montreal. He needs to get back to superhuman mode and thats asking for a lot

I still have faith in the team though. Its funny how sometimes the drive towards the playoffs is more exciting and nervracking than the playoffs themselves.

Old
NBHABSFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo
Terrible night...

Habs lose
Atlanta win
Toronto win

only consolation is NJ lost

Now a bunch of teams around the last playoff spots...

On that note, good night boys... think it's time to sleep on this one and refocus on the Leafs. Hope they bring their A game for that one, I'm going to it.
Ya I agree, everything that could go wrong tonight did.

I am not looking forward to playing the Leafs this week, that always own us for the last couple of years.

I cannot even remember the last time we beat the Leafs at the Bell Centre.

Old
Hab-a-maniac

Hmmm. What do you say? Worst night of the year for us? Demoralizing loss on Long Isles, Atlanta makes big comebacks to take Boston in the SO and Toronto wins too... and not just against anybody. Against Carolina!!! Remember, the same Canes team that's been smacked around by Boston, Florida and everyone's uncle lately? Oh yeah, except us, we're 0-4 vs. them being outscored 25-9. We justified the loss saying we got beat by an excellent team. Well, an excellent team that's obviously beatable. Just not by us, wouldn't you know it. I'm not going to try and get emotionally invested in this team down the stretch. It's gonna be too painful and even if we get in, I'll feel more relief than exuberance.

If Leafs kick our @sses in the next 2 games, I don't think I'll wear any Hab paraphanelia for months. And the off-season will see fans like bloodthirsty sharks hovering in on Gainey's moves and how he re-structures a rebuilding team that is still stuck in mediocrity while showing a lack of focus and finish in their on-ice play. The fans of Montreal will have a fit if this team goes down in flames. No coaches heads will roll so you can bet a bunch of players will have seen their last days as a Hab. Not Koivu, which I'm glad of. But you know there will be the usual pointing fingers at him while others get off scot-free. What a downer it is to cheer for the Montreal Canadiens.

Old
NewGuy

Well they're up against a bit of a wall now. Atlanta's 1 point up for the final playoff spot and Toronto's only 3 points back. The Islanders, the Panthers and the Bruins might not be as close but any of those teams could get on a hot streak. The good news is New Jersey and Tampa Bay are still within striking distance.

The next game against Toronto is a key game. The Habs need to play a disciplined game to keep the Leafs power play off the ice. It cannot be stated enough how important it is that they minimize Toronto's power play opportunities. If it stays at even strength for most of the game then the Habs should win.

I'm interested to see how this team responds to being on the outside looking in once again.

Old
03-21-2006, 10:02 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
you also predicted that kovalev was in fire yet I dont see any burns on his skin

Old
03-21-2006, 10:05 PM
NBHABSFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGuy

I'm interested to see how this team responds to being on the outside looking in once again.
Ya they will either pick their game up and be great, or they will slide fast down the East Standings.

Old
03-21-2006, 10:08 PM
Hab-a-maniac

Quote:
Ya I agree, everything that could go wrong tonight did.

I am not looking forward to playing the Leafs this week, that always own us for the last couple of years.

I cannot even remember the last time we beat the Leafs at the Bell Centre.
2004 when we won 4-3? I recall us being the better team and yet still having to rally from a couple different 1-goal deficits. Habs were riding high back then. Ribeiro had a nice up-ice rush deking out some defenders and roofing it past an outstretched Belfour, Ryder had 2 goals but as usual we had to make it interesting with Theo in there and the Leafs doing their typical magic act on us. But this season? We'll see if we can finally put the boots to them at home. For sure the Habs won't top 93 pts. this season if 90 at all. We'd have to go something like 10-5 to match 03-04, 9-6 to pass 90 pts. and all we freakin' had to do after the Rangers win was go .500 the rest of the way and we were likely in; current performance in that span; 1-4. Way to go, chokeboys!

Old
03-21-2006, 10:10 PM
NewGuy

Quote:
Ya they will either pick their game up and be great, or they will slide fast down the East Standings.
I really hope that it is the former. Their margin for error went out the window tonight so now they are going to have to fight their way to a playoff spot instead of waiting and hoping that other teams do not catch them.

Old
03-21-2006, 10:12 PM
Raider917

Team 990 are arguing pretty good now

Old
03-21-2006, 10:14 PM
Hab-a-maniac

Look, there's no point in giving up on the season... yet. We showed flashes of playoff hockey during our road trip and in Washington and hopefully the Bell Centre crowd can power the Habs to 2 huge victories and don't let it up in Pittsburgh. One thing's for sure. If we miss the playoffs it's gonna be a long summer especially for ones Mr. Koivu, Ryder, Zednik and Bonk. The high-paid goalless wonders.

Old
03-21-2006, 10:30 PM
moshedw

I just got back from the game, wondering if any of my comrades were there, just want to say how pissed (wont get into how pissed drunk i am right now) i am at MY team. Especially at koivu, ZEDNIK etc and the rest of the overpaid boys who couldnt get it done against this crapppy team in a must win situation.
Verdict- Atlanta is gonna make us pay for this loss

Closed Thread