HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Ovechkin

Closed Thread

Old
10-27-2003, 04:01 PM
Crossbar

vCash: 500
Ovechkin

Any news on Cohen and his lawyers taking the Ovechkin case to court like they said they would? I haven't heard anything and was wondering if any of you have contacted someone reliable/resourceful like Mike Russo from the Sun-sentinel about it, I would if I could but I have no way of emailing him.

I have 2 theories to why we are getting heavily penalized:
1. cause of the Ovechkin case
2. cause of G.Campbell being Colin Campbell's son and the NHL is trying to show it doesn't matter.

Old
10-28-2003, 06:15 AM
MoeHowardDavid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossbar
Any news on Cohen and his lawyers taking the Ovechkin case to court like they said they would? I haven't heard anything and was wondering if any of you have contacted someone reliable/resourceful like Mike Russo from the Sun-sentinel about it, I would if I could but I have no way of emailing him.

I have 2 theories to why we are getting heavily penalized:
1. cause of the Ovechkin case
2. cause of G.Campbell being Colin Campbell's son and the NHL is trying to show it doesn't matter.
The Panthers probably realized that the case was hopeless. Ovechkin would have had to have registered to be drafted.

Old
10-28-2003, 06:26 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeHowardDavid
The Panthers probably realized that the case was hopeless. Ovechkin would have had to have registered to be drafted.
Moe, I don't understand your avatar. I know it is altered, but I still don't understand.

Old
10-28-2003, 11:19 AM
MoeHowardDavid

Quote:
Originally Posted by luongofan
Moe, I don't understand your avatar. I know it is altered, but I still don't understand.
It's just ripping off the Dewey Defeats Truman paper. I think Horton is a much better player than Shvidki, thats all.

Old
10-28-2003, 05:31 PM
Clash*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeHowardDavid
Ovechkin tried to register, but was refused for the same reason why our attempts to draft him were refused.

As for bein heavily penalized, that's been the situation for years, even before we Had Campbell or draft Ovechkin. There have always been certain officials who just seem religiously biased against us.

Old
10-29-2003, 03:53 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClashCitiRockr
As for bein heavily penalized, that's been the situation for years, even before we Had Campbell or draft Ovechkin. There have always been certain officials who just seem religiously biased against us.
Likely die-hard Canadian refs who don't think hockey has any place in South Florida. Or maybe it's a holdover grudge from the days when they got pelted with plastic rats everytime the Panthers scored a goal

Old
10-29-2003, 05:15 AM
Chaos2k7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus
Likely die-hard Canadian refs who don't think hockey has any place in South Florida. Or maybe it's a holdover grudge from the days when they got pelted with plastic rats everytime the Panthers scored a goal

Like the die-hard canadian fans that support this team too, eh?

Old
10-29-2003, 05:35 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHaos2k
Like the die-hard canadian fans that support this team too, eh?

If you're Canadian and support the Panthers, you're a heretic :p

Of course, I'm not Canadian so I'm fine

Old
10-29-2003, 07:27 AM
Chaos2k7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus
If you're Canadian and support the Panthers, you're a heretic :p

Of course, I'm not Canadian so I'm fine
Anything is better than the steady dose of Leafs hockey I recieve up here. But that aside I have been onboard the Panthers ship since their induction.

Old
10-29-2003, 10:08 AM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHaos2k
Anything is better than the steady dose of Leafs hockey I recieve up here. But that aside I have been onboard the Panthers ship since their induction.

AMEN BROTHER! I just can't stand the Leafs! Even though London is smack dab in the middle of Detriot and Toronto, all I get is Leafs junk (well now I have Center Ice ). It was Panthers for me from the beginning

Old
10-29-2003, 01:11 PM
Clash*

Even tho the two of you and a few others, like Stinger, are Panther fans, you have to admit there is a bias from a lot of northeners, even Americans, that hockey doesn't belong in the south. Then again, that's like sayin "WTF are Canadians doin *******izing football with a 110 yard field?" (I don't feel this way, but to some major football friends of mine, they think its a joke. If it isn't college football to me, I could care less tho too.)

Old
10-29-2003, 02:01 PM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClashCitiRockr
Even tho the two of you and a few others, like Stinger, are Panther fans, you have to admit there is a bias from a lot of northeners, even Americans, that hockey doesn't belong in the south. Then again, that's like sayin "WTF are Canadians doin *******izing football with a 110 yard field?" (I don't feel this way, but to some major football friends of mine, they think its a joke. If it isn't college football to me, I could care less tho too.)
There is a big bias, no doubt, but I don't agree. Hockey should be played everywhere IMO, seeing that its the greatest game on earth

Personally, I think the CFL is a joke! I barely every watch it though. The NFL makes it look worse then highschool football. I mean, I saw the end of some game where it was won on a rouge! (For those of you who don't know, its when the Punter kicks the ball through the end-zone, PIECE OF CAKE )

Closed Thread