HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prucha.

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2006, 11:56 PM
Pizza

vCash: 500
Prucha.

Just reviewing some clips of his play since he came back. The kid has not missed a beat, picking up right where he left off. Simply amazing. The play for his goal against the Caps was particularly telling. I say leave him with JJ and Nyls and he'll end the season with 35 maybe even 40 goals.

Old
03-20-2006, 12:10 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza
Just reviewing some clips of his play since he came back. The kid has not missed a beat, picking up right where he left off. Simply amazing. The play for his goal against the Caps was particularly telling. I say leave him with JJ and Nyls and he'll end the season with 35 maybe even 40 goals.
Well he'd have to go on some kind of tare to hit 40, but 32-35 isn't out of the question.

And I am with you...Keep him on that top line.

Old
03-20-2006, 01:25 AM
Draft Guru

He should have been playing on the top line with JJ much sooner. But from here on out let's go with:

Prucha-Nylander-Jagr
Straka-Rucchin-Sykora
Rucinsky-Betts-Ward
Hollweg-Moore-Ortmeyer

x - Hossa.

Old
03-20-2006, 01:58 AM
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest

Send a message via AIM to BigCanada77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru
He should have been playing on the top line with JJ much sooner. But from here on out let's go with:

Prucha-Nylander-Jagr
Straka-Rucchin-Sykora
Rucinsky-Betts-Ward
Hollweg-Moore-Ortmeyer

x - Hossa.
I think most of us can safely say at this point that we all want these lines the rest of the way.

Old
03-20-2006, 08:16 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCanada77
I think most of us can safely say at this point that we all want these lines the rest of the way.
That probably represents the most amount of balance that, given who is on the roster and leaving behind any thought of someone from Hartford playing, the team can produce. Who knows, maybe Rucinsky can bring a scoring element to the 3rd line.
I just hope that Renney does not reinsert Rucinsky back on the top 2 lines, as that would mean that Prucha is getting demoted to the 3rd line.

Old
03-20-2006, 08:21 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
I just hope that Renney does not reinsert Rucinsky back on the top 2 lines, as that would mean that Prucha is getting demoted to the 3rd line.

OOoh man that would be criminal. I've really enjoyed watching that line so far. I think there's a chemistry there now that was absent when Renney first tried the pairing earlier in the season.

Old
03-20-2006, 09:24 AM
Fletch

Guru...

he did get a chance earlier in the season to play with Jagr for a few games, but they didn't seem to click at even strength for whatever reason. Now, they're clicking, and hopefully it continues to do so and the line sticks.

Old
03-20-2006, 11:02 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru

Prucha-Nylander-Jagr
Straka-Rucchin-Sykora
Rucinsky-Betts-Ward
Hollweg-Moore-Ortmeyer

x - Hossa.
Don't like Betts with Rucinsky DG. We should either drop Rucchin down to the 3rd and move Straka back to center or bring Moore up from the 4th and move Betts down to his spot. Blair is just not creative enough. He has 5 goals and 1 assist in 51 games. You're putting him in the 'center' spot with a guy with 51 points in 50 games. It doesn't make sense to me. IMO we'll have two lines that won't produce anything. Another option would be to bring up Immonen and put him on third line but that will mean someone besides Hossa is going to sit--most likely Hollweg.

Old
03-20-2006, 11:31 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Credit the training staff for getting him game-shape ready before he even stepped on the ice...

Old
03-20-2006, 12:03 PM
shoothepuck

Keep the lines the way they are now, and put Rucinsky on the third when he comes back. Prucha is playing great, and it would be nice to see him hit 30+ goals.

Old
03-20-2006, 10:07 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

I was concerned that he had leveled off before injury and perhaps the 25 goals to that point was a bit of an overstatement but he has been terrific upon returning. He's playing the best all around hockey he has played all year.

Old
03-20-2006, 10:12 PM
Balej20*

7 Game point streak for him

Spanning back before the injury obviously.

Old
03-20-2006, 10:16 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop
I was concerned that he had leveled off before injury and perhaps the 25 goals to that point was a bit of an overstatement but he has been terrific upon returning. He's playing the best all around hockey he has played all year.

yeah his game has rounded out a bit since sykora came over...he's getting more assists now than he was before

Old
03-21-2006, 01:42 AM
Pizza

That feed to Nyls coming out of the corner tonight was pretty terrific. The kid had like three really good chances. Sometime soon he's gonna get his first hat trick.

Old
03-21-2006, 07:48 AM
Nich

he should totally stay on the top line when ruchinsky comes back.

i need 2 jerseys...first lundqvist than prucha

Old
03-21-2006, 08:03 AM
True Blue

One thing that I would like to see is the Rangers sending out messages that they are not simply going to allow teams to hammer Prucha all night long. He has lots of hutzpah and plays with a passion, but at 172 lbs, he is going to get himself killed one day. Prucha has lots of potential and I would like to see him stay healthy enough to realize it.

Old
03-21-2006, 08:09 AM
Levitate

honestly what can you do? we've been around and around in circles on this one...if teams think they can hammer prucha and take him off his game, they'll do it no matter what the rangers do to deter it. It's like Kaspar, what do you do to make him throwing hits? If you hit him back, he doesn't care. If you try to get him to fight, he's not gonna do it. You just can't stop Kaspar from throwing hits, and you're just not going to stop guys from trying to hit Prucha.

That being said, I don't necessarily think he's always being hit as hard as it looks. He sometimes goes flying a little more because he is smaller...but that doesn't always mean he's getting pummeled as much as it looks. he's withstood it so far without wearing down, so there's nothing we or the Rangers can do except hope he can take the punishment.

Old
03-21-2006, 08:32 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate
honestly what can you do? we've been around and around in circles on this one...if teams think they can hammer prucha and take him off his game, they'll do it no matter what the rangers do to deter it. It's like Kaspar, what do you do to make him throwing hits? If you hit him back, he doesn't care. If you try to get him to fight, he's not gonna do it. You just can't stop Kaspar from throwing hits, and you're just not going to stop guys from trying to hit Prucha.
Don't get me wrong. This is not a "let's be sure to get Orr out there and protect our players"-type of response. I was more for thinking an eye-for-an eye philosophy. I understand that you will never prevent the Kaspers & Tuckers of teh world from stopping what they have done all of their career. However, we can go after similar playerl on the other team. Hollweg and Ortmeyer were hitting everything that moved last night. Get them on the ice w/ Bergeron or Sunding for a few shifts and treat him the way that Prucha gets treated. Hollweg is more than capable of hitting the opposition very hard without taking penalties.
Quote:
That being said, I don't necessarily think he's always being hit as hard as it looks. He sometimes goes flying a little more because he is smaller
I agree that for the most part, Prucha spins himself out of a lot of major punishment. However, eventually he is going to take it on the chin.
There need not be a "turn-the-other cheek" philosophy. A good elbow is the beginning of an "eye-for-an eye" philosphy. If even you get the other team thinking that you will answer in a similar manner on their top players, Prucha and Jagr may absorb a few less hits.

Old
03-21-2006, 10:24 AM
Nemchinov13

Perhaps Prucha should start doing what Mess did in his early years that prevented him from being run by others - Petr should start sticking his elbows out or just put his stick into the faces of the runners. I don't care if it's a penalty, people would stop running this kid. And if anyone is going to have a problem, let them deal with Hollweg instead.

Old
03-21-2006, 10:31 AM
Lundqvist102

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemchinov13
Perhaps Prucha should start doing what Mess did in his early years that prevented him from being run by others - Petr should start sticking his elbows out or just put his stick into the faces of the runners. I don't care if it's a penalty, people would stop running this kid. And if anyone is going to have a problem, let them deal with Hollweg instead.
Thats not unethical at all...I like it

Old
03-21-2006, 12:01 PM
natureboy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemchinov13
Yep JD mentioned it too. He should start doing it.

Old
03-21-2006, 12:14 PM
McDonagh27

Lets just hope the lil guy doesn't break an elbow trying to dish one out..

Prucs is da man!

Old
03-21-2006, 12:32 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
More star players should take a page out of Messier's book and learn that there are certain pre-emptive measures that can be taken to send a message to opposition players who might consider taking runs at you. They might be considered "dirty" by many but I've always admired stars who know how to take care of themselves rather than those who wait for their team's goon to protect them. Often it's too little too late. What good does Orr fighting a guy on the other team do if the guy has already knocked Prucha or Jagr out for five weeks?

Old
03-21-2006, 12:53 PM
Kluivert4Ever

Worst fear regarding Prucha.

Petr Prucha = Todd Harvey?

Old
03-21-2006, 02:02 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94
More star players should take a page out of Messier's book and learn that there are certain pre-emptive measures that can be taken to send a message to opposition players who might consider taking runs at you.
I'd say that it's a lesson that players like Forsberg & Marc Savard have learned very well.

Closed Thread