HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is anyone worried that Huet might end up being a fluke?

Closed Thread

Old
03-20-2006, 02:54 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

vCash: 500
Is anyone worried that Huet might end up being a fluke?

I'm not trying to offend or say that I believe he will end up dissapointing, but does anyone think we may be overrating him a tad? Just looking for opinions.

Do you think he could carry us through the 1st round and beyond?

Could he be a number 1 in Montreal for a few years?

Is he just playing 20 or 30 good games and then will start struggling majorly?

What is your opinion?

Old
03-20-2006, 03:00 PM
wildone26*

It does not matter, he is gone after this year for sure. So no need to worry except if he continues his fluke year until the end of this year and allows Montreal a good playoff result if they get there.

Old
03-20-2006, 03:00 PM
Darz

It's a little hard to predict the future, but I don't think anybody is expecting too many Vezina's trophies in Huet's future, but at the same time I think he is a strong positional goalie who is decent at controlling rebounds. His lateral movement is not on par with some of the better goalies in the league, and I think that will keep him from ever being in that top group.

In many ways he reminds me of Jeff Hackett, maybe not as much in style, but what they could bring to a team.

03-20-2006, 03:03 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

3 of the 5 threads at the top of the forum are about our goalies. Is it really necessary?

Old
JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildone26
It does not matter, he is gone after this year for sure. So no need to worry except if he continues his fluke year until the end of this year and allows Montreal a good playoff result if they get there.
Why is he gone after this year? Is he a UFA? If he isn't a UFA, I don't think it's obvious or certain that he'll be gone. If he continues to play well, why not move Aebeischer for a pick or prospect, and go with Huet/Danis until Price develops into the impenetrable force field he's destined to become?

And even if Huet is a UFA, why is it clear that Gainey wouldn't try and ink him? Based on what I've seen, I would.

Old
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Why would he be gone? We will not let him go for nothing. He's a UFA and I really think that we will sign him. I can bet you that Montreal is the perfect place for Huet...french citym great fans who love him, great hockey place, classy team...he will stay.

And if we are about to let a goaltender go, it's either Danis or Aebisher...

And I don't think Huet will be a fluke. It's only his second year in the NHL and he never had a goaltender coach so Melanson is helping him a lot and the skills are there in his case. He will be a good goaltender...lets just see how consistent he will be.

Old
03-20-2006, 03:05 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Look at the thread he started below this one. Don't make him repeat it here , please. He's obviously trolling.

Old
03-20-2006, 03:23 PM
wildone26*

He will be gone since he will be offered a contract of 1 million a year or less for 1 year, something like that and he will turn it down and go back to the European leagues. I doubt he would take a contract that is less than whatever Tiim Thomas was recently given for example.

Old
03-20-2006, 03:29 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
He will be gone since he will be offered a contract of 1 million a year or less for 1 year, something like that and he will turn it down and go back to the European leagues. I doubt he would take a contract that is less than whatever Tiim Thomas was recently given for example.
You really know nothing...

Old
03-20-2006, 03:31 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:

please huet isnt going anywhere. he is staying in montreal
and you really think even if the habs low balls him (1 million or less) he wont get offer from else wheres in the " nhl"?

habs would be smart to lock him up for 2 years with a club options for a third .

are the fans chanting his name just for fun or have they really embraced the guy?

i say the fans have embraced him ....and hopefully the team can score 4 goals as they did for abby. id like to see the habs give him some goals support and take of a little pressure ...

id be more than happy if we can lock him up for 1.25 million

Last edited by Artyukhin*: 03-20-2006 at 04:27 PM.
Old
03-20-2006, 03:59 PM
hab

ANYWAY.... I dont think huet is nearly as fast and flashy as some of the no.1 goalies in the league, he is more of a 'in the right spot kind of guy'. There have been successfull goalies of this variety before however that have been no. 1 guys, and I can certainly see huet being very good for the next number of years.

Old
03-20-2006, 04:00 PM
CoupeStanley

Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
Right now.
I'm more worried that Bob Gainey think Aebisher is better...

But I have some doubt deep inside, I guess.

Old
03-20-2006, 04:22 PM
Rather Gingerly 1*

I see a lot of Steve Penney in him. But it is a chance we have to take. Give him the money

Old
03-20-2006, 04:29 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe
Look at the thread he started below this one. Don't make him repeat it here , please. He's obviously trolling.
You obviously know nothing.

The only other thread I created was "Rank the Habs season so far"

Old
03-20-2006, 04:32 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan15
You obviously know nothing.

The only other thread I created was "Rank the Habs season so far"
I think he was talking about Wildone maybe not though.

Old
03-20-2006, 04:33 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
I think he was talking about Wildone maybe not though.
Ah I see, I was going to say that was a little uncalled for

Old
03-20-2006, 09:52 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
I think he'll be resigned to a 1 year plus an option. I think the Habs have "you know who" in their sights as a UFA for 2007/2008. If he's not available, they go with Huet for another year and then Price should be close to being ready.

Old
03-20-2006, 10:16 PM
kevinr

I'm not worried about it at all. He's not a gimmick goalie. He's very technically sound. He controal; his rebounds well and is always square to the shooter. I don't see a fluke here.

Old
03-20-2006, 10:20 PM
Live Forever

It's just a matter of keeping him hot and getting some good goal support for him. We should be fine in that department if those 2 situations are met.

Old
03-20-2006, 10:20 PM
NORiculous

I would like to see all the goals he gave up in one clip, to verify what Demers said tonight. He said, after the game, that Huet seemed to be a little weak with his glove, although melanson would help him fix that.

Old
03-20-2006, 10:30 PM
Nobak

If you mean Huet as Mr. 40% shutout rate, yeah, that's a fluke. If you mean Huet as a guy who can help this team and be our #1, well yeah, that could also be a fluke. But I was saying he might be able to do that back when people were forgetting to mention his name in the Bonk trade, so you can bet I still believe in him now.

Old
03-20-2006, 11:10 PM
BORAT

Huet is a fine goalie, is he superior to Thibault, Lailime, Theo and other goalies

so far yes.

thats all we need an okay goalie.

our defense core is pretty strong so as long as we have decent goaltending and our forwards show up, there is no reason we can't go deep into the playoffs

Old
03-20-2006, 11:23 PM
Turbo

I believe in Huet. The guy is for real. I especially like how he stays level-headed, never getting carried away or getting down.

Anyway, when he's in nets I feel pretty confident he'll get the job done. I'm sure the players feel it too.

Old
03-21-2006, 12:12 AM
znk

Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future. - Yoda

Old
03-21-2006, 12:53 AM
Strohmachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORiculous
I would like to see all the goals he gave up in one clip, to verify what Demers said tonight. He said, after the game, that Huet seemed to be a little weak with his glove, although melanson would help him fix that.
I'd like to see all the clips of Demers reading children's stories. He seems a little weak with his
reading hand. Perhaps he should crawl back through the 1993 tunnel and visit Patrick Roy.
Fluke hand or not, Huet's winning us games.

Closed Thread