HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why the Canadiens won't make the playoffs

Closed Thread

Old
03-21-2006, 08:29 PM
danbrave

vCash: 500
Why the Canadiens won't make the playoffs

It's quite simple. The Canadiens have not been able to cure their indiscipline and continue to take stupid penalties. They play poorly defensively. Their offence only does anything once in a blue moon. And, most importantly, they can't beat the easy teams. You don't win a tight playoff race by losing to the Islanders, Penguins, and Lightning in the last month of the season. And think about it...even if they did make the playoffs, what could they possibly accomplish against Ottawa/Carolina if they can't even beat Pittsburgh? This is just a lazy team that puts on a show when it feels like it, and man is it frustrating!

Old
03-21-2006, 08:34 PM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by danbrave
It's quite simple. The Canadiens have not been able to cure their indiscipline and continue to take stupid penalties. They play poorly defensively. Their offence only does anything once in a blue moon. And, most importantly, they can't beat the easy teams. You don't win a tight playoff race by losing to the Islanders, Penguins, and Lightning in the last month of the season. And think about it...even if they did make the playoffs, what could they possibly accomplish against Ottawa/Carolina if they can't even beat Pittsburgh? This is just a lazy team that puts on a show when it feels like it, and man is it frustrating!

Why you should stop being a Habs fan.

Posting that type of post about your so called "own team"

booooh! git out!

Old
03-21-2006, 08:35 PM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
We need Markov, it's quite simple. Bouillon might hurt us a bit more than some could though also.

They had 2 Pk all night so your point is void.

They will makes the playoffs with MArkov in the lineup.

Old
03-21-2006, 08:38 PM
Habs514

Was Simspon playing today?

Old
03-21-2006, 08:39 PM
Clumsyhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs514
Was Simspon playing today?
Yes and he s*cked hard.

Old
03-21-2006, 08:40 PM
zx81

I give up also.
This team can't win important games so no they won't make the playoffs.

This is the most frustrating team to follow.

Old
03-21-2006, 08:43 PM
NBHABSFAN

Quote:
You are a drama queen.

Old
03-21-2006, 08:43 PM
KaptainKourage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81

This is the most frustrating team to follow.
When they loose, ok, whey they win its the nicest team to cheer for.
Even if they dont do the playoff, i will still follwing them year after year and i will continue to say..

GO HABS GO

Old
03-21-2006, 08:46 PM
Brisk-Illusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov#79
When they loose, ok, whey they win its the nicest team to cheer for.
Even if they dont do the playoff, i will still follwing them year after year and i will continue to say..

GO HABS GO

Old
03-21-2006, 08:46 PM
Lestriker

Send a message via MSN to Lestriker
My answer to the question: we have no offense.

Old
03-21-2006, 08:47 PM
danbrave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanye West
Why you should stop being a Habs fan.

Posting that type of post about your so called "own team"

booooh! git out!
The problem with a lot of Habs fans is that they can't see the forest for the trees. If you don't win games you don't stay where you are in the standings, you move down. You have to win the easy games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anksun
They had 2 Pk all night so your point is void.
And Kovalev did take a dumb penalty in the final 3 minutes of the game. That's all that counts!

Old
03-21-2006, 08:48 PM
KaptainKourage*

Quote:
The problem with a lot of Habs fans is that they can't see the forest for the trees. If you don't win games you don't stay where you are in the standings, you move down. You have to win the easy games.

And Kovalev did take a dumb penalty in the final 3 minutes of the game. That's all that counts!
So what ? Delete your blog account, change your avatar, go buy yourself an Atlanta jersey, become a Bruins fan and crisse nous la paix

Old
03-21-2006, 08:51 PM
NBHABSFAN

Welcome to the board. Maybe next time you will use your head before you post.

Old
03-21-2006, 08:53 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

We're going to finish 6th... NO we're out of the playoffs...Huet rocks... Everyone sucks... hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion, that's why these boards exist; but I find most of these threads lack any insight!

They took relative few penalties, all four lines have looked sharp, Zednik, Ryder and Bonk have show me more effort in the last 3-4 games then they have all season.
I thought the Habs put a very solid effort in the last 5 periods...we are in PLAYOFF mode now...

Leafs just won.... they are 3 behind... we just need some fiinish from Kovy, Zed, Ryder

Old
03-21-2006, 08:53 PM
tritone

Quote:

Would you like some cheese?
How about some Big League Chew ?

Old
03-21-2006, 08:58 PM
Jyroe Habs Fan

If we don't sweep the Leafs, WE WILL NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!! This is getting to be ********. Our offence is BRUTAL. We needed to gain valuable points before April hits.
Our top 3 centerman are really letting us down.
Why didn't Bob get a scorer at the trade deadline is anyones guess. Zednik is not a top 6 forward anymore. Riberio is not a top 2 centerman and Saku is still tired from the Olympics.

Old
03-21-2006, 09:01 PM
Bulldog fan
Timmy Dogs Alum 1999

Hamilton Bulldogs = NO PLAYOFFS
Montreal Canadiens = NO PLAYOFFS

My hat goes of to Mr. Gainey and Mr. Savard, nice work men.

Old
03-21-2006, 09:03 PM
NBHABSFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog fan
Hamilton Bulldogs = NO PLAYOFFS
Montreal Canadiens = NO PLAYOFFS

My hat goes of to Mr. Gainey and Mr. Savard, nice work men.
Good God chill the frig out. Boo Hoo, I know everyone is pissed off and emotional, but there is still a lot of hockey left to be played.

Old
03-21-2006, 09:06 PM
MissCanuck

Gainey did nothing to actually improve this team when he had the chance. So oh well. We'll see what happens. It'd also help if he'd get the damn lines right.
I want playoff action in Montreal. Suck it up boys, and get MOVING.

Old
03-21-2006, 09:07 PM
NewGuy

Let's see how they respond to being out of playoffs before we completely write them off. Will they consistently bring a solid defensive effort to counter their lack of offensive power? Or will they fold at the first sign of adversity? The playoff race isn't over it has barely begun. I'm interested to see how much they want that playoff spot.

Old
03-21-2006, 09:17 PM
Scotianhab

Crunch time is upon us so Let's Go Habs!!!!

Old
03-21-2006, 09:20 PM
InGaineyWeTrust*

6. Tampa Bay 69 77
7. New Jersey 68 76
8. Atlanta 69 74

9. Montreal 68 73
10. Toronto 68 70
11. N.Y. Islanders 68 68
12. Florida 68 67
13. Boston 70 66

the way we are playing we need nothing less than a miracle to make the playoffs, every team on this list, (excluding boston..i think) is better than us overall ( better goalie, forwards, dfense)...so i dont care what ne one says, the habs need to pray....ill be praying....

Old
03-21-2006, 09:25 PM
Raider917

vCash: 50
Atlanta have to be pretty confident now. the two teams closest to them are going to play one another in the next two games. they get NJ then NYI.

Old
03-21-2006, 09:28 PM
KOVALEV10*

The reason why we're not in playoffs is because we suck. I told you guys already. When you lose 6 games out of 7 against teams like Washington and Pittsburgh then lose to Toronto and Ligthning in such important games, then lose 5-1 to Carolina who by the way dont look so invicible now do they? Lost to the trashers, bruins and leafs the past 1 and a half week. Our team is always full of excuses. Our goalie let in bad goals, their goalie was great, the other team is great, bla bla bla. Lose the freakin excuses already and start winning god dam it.

Old
03-21-2006, 10:00 PM
Harry Kakalovich

The Habs need to average 3 - 3.5 goals a game to make the playoffs. The Habs have had trouble scoring goals all year long. When your top goal scorer is Michael Ryder... well... obviously the Habs don't have a bona fide sniper. But they usually play good hockey and often outplay teams that they end up losing to. They just need goals, from everybody on the team, at every chance they get. If there is a mantra for the Habs going down the stretch, it's "finish ... finish ... finish!" Lets see what happens against the Laffs this weekend. I personally want to see goals flying into the opposition net from all directions. ... finish ... finish ... finish ...

Closed Thread