HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT - Canadiens vs. Islanders - 7 PM EST

Closed Thread

Old
03-21-2006, 11:23 AM
Firthbird
#Drivefor25

vCash: 500
GDT - Canadiens vs. Islanders - 7 PM EST

Game Preview: Canadiens vs. Islanders
(03/21/2006)

Montreal
32-25-9 (8th in East)

NY Islanders
31-32-4 (12th in East)

Nassau Coliseum, 7 PM EST

TV: RDS, FSN 2

Radio: CJAD 800, CKAC 730

UNIONDALE – Led by Mike Komisarek’s first NHL career goal, the Canadiens got back on the winning track Monday night in Washington, snapping their three-game losing streak with a 4-2 victory over the Capitals. The win improved Montreal’s record to 6-1-1 in its last eight road contests. Tonight, the Canadiens will look to build on the win as they face the Islanders at Nassau Coliseum, and move within a point of seventh-place New Jersey.

Bob Gainey’s squad will try to hold off any remaining hopes the Islanders have of catching Montreal in the standings; the Isles are currently seven points back of eighth place. Brad Shaw’s troops head into tonight’s matchup on a three-game slide, after having won six of their seven games in March to remain in the playoff hunt.

Tonight is the third of four meetings between the two teams this season. The Canadiens have won the first two, topping the Islanders 4-3 on Oct. 22 and 5-3 on Feb. 28.

In great company: With his power-play marker in the second period against the Capitals, Michael Ryder has now reached the 25-goal mark in each of his first two NHL seasons. Ryder joins a select group, including Guy Lafleur and Mats Naslund, who have hit 25 goals in both their rookie and sophomore years in the NHL. Lafleur potted 29 goals in his rookie year in 1971-72, followed by 28 the next season, while Naslund notched 26 and 29, respectively, in the first two years of his NHL career.

Two for two: Tonight, the Canadiens are closing out their 11th set of back-to-back contests this season. Until now, Montreal has successfully completed a sweep on four occasions, most recently on Feb. 4 and 5, when Cristobal Huet recorded back-to-back shutouts against the Bruins and Flyers. With the win over Washington, the Canadiens are now 6-4-1 in the opener and will look to improve on their 5-4-1 record in the second half.

Old
03-21-2006, 11:25 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Time for the Chris Higgins show.

Old
03-21-2006, 11:27 AM
Habsruleen

Excellent GDT sir, great stats. Let's keep the pressure on with a win! Tonight, the CH stands for Chris Higgins and Cristobal Huet.

Old
03-21-2006, 11:29 AM
Tuggy
Homer glasses on

vCash: 1484
Huet starting tonight?

Old
03-21-2006, 11:30 AM
Pats Habs

Habs look to go to 3 - 0 against Isles for the year.

Other important games tonight:

Atl vs. Bos
NJ vs. Philly
Canes vs. Leafs

I can't believe I'm saying this - "GO BRUINS!"

But mostly, Go Habs, keep your destiny in your own hands

Old
03-21-2006, 11:41 AM
Matrix

4-1 for The Habs with our favorite NewYorkers, Higgins and Komi with 1 goal each!!!!

Go Habs!

Old
03-21-2006, 11:46 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

2 points tonight coupled with Boston and Canes win....

go Habs go
go Canucks go

Old
03-21-2006, 12:08 PM
jcrow

I was really happy with the game the team played yesterday. Smart, simple and tough. I was pretty impressed with Simpson and felt comfortable with the pairings on D that were out there. I'm hoping the Habs play another in your face type of game tonight. Again, take care of themselves - no need to scoreboard watch as they have their destiny in their own hands.

I hope that Higgins and Komisarek have another big game for us against the Islanders. Komi sure looked good last night and Higgins impresses me more and more with every passing game I watch. I also hope that Huet plays tonight. The team looks very confident in front of him - I wouldn't mess with that chemistry.

Habs 3 (Higgins, Kovalev, Zednik)
Isles 1 (Satan)

Go Habs Go

Old
03-21-2006, 12:16 PM
Turbo

Questions about the projected line-up... any of you folks hear anything in the various media?

Injuries?
I already know Bouillon is out for tonight.

Rivet? Seems he injured his hip yesterday and got limited ice time starting in the middle of the 2nd and only a few shifts in the 3rd. They were probably reducing his ice time for preventive measures since the team had a comfortable lead. Any news on his condition and whether the injury is just minor?

What about Markov? Will he play again tonight? Looked a little painful still for him yesterday. They did however smartly reduce his ice time after the Habs were ahead by 3.

Goalies?
Who's getting the start? I'm assuming Huet again since he didn't get overworked vs. Washington and came off a 6 day rest.

Old
03-21-2006, 12:38 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albino
Time for the Chris Higgins show.
Maybe Komisarek can continue his scoring streak in his hometown!

Old
03-21-2006, 12:43 PM
Teufelsdreck

The Habs are playing their second road game in two nights but the Isles are not in the best shape, Markov is back, and Huet will be in goal. I think the odds are in favor of the Habs no matter what the bookies post.

Old
03-21-2006, 12:45 PM
Darz

I would imagine with the relatively easy game for him last night, the habs would go with Huet again tonight. With things so tight right now around the 7th and 8th spots in the East, every remaining game is a big one!!!!

Maybe Komisarek can score in back to back games, and we know Higgy should be good for at least one, so hopefully a couple other habs can net one, and we can walk away with a 4-1 or 4-2 win again.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!

03-21-2006, 12:48 PM
oli500

Lets go boys, make it two in a row here.

Old
03-21-2006, 12:49 PM
Tuggy
Homer glasses on

Can't afford to lose many more games, especially games against non-playoff teams. Let's GO HABS!!!!

Old
03-21-2006, 12:54 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 3907
we need to keep wining, Atlanta is right up our behinds..

in the words of Gabriel Morency.. "I hate to use this term but tommorow night vs the Islanders, its's another must win game"

Old
03-21-2006, 01:00 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Everyone is writing this off as an easy Habs win. Hopefully the Habs themselves don't think so, or they're gonna lose this one

Old
03-21-2006, 01:04 PM
Tuggy
Homer glasses on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey
Everyone is writing this off as an easy Habs win. Hopefully the Habs themselves don't think so, or they're gonna lose this one
No one said it's going to be easy but there's nothing wrong with us thinking the Habs should win this game.

Old
03-21-2006, 01:16 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey

Considering we probablely have only had a couple 'easy' wins the entire year to date, I can't see how anyone can expect an easy one tonight. Even last nights game, until the mid second period, was anything but easy.

Old
03-21-2006, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrow
I was really happy with the game the team played yesterday. Smart, simple and tough. I was pretty impressed with Simpson and felt comfortable with the pairings on D that were out there. I'm hoping the Habs play another in your face type of game tonight. Again, take care of themselves - no need to scoreboard watch as they have their destiny in their own hands.

I hope that Higgins and Komisarek have another big game for us against the Islanders. Komi sure looked good last night and Higgins impresses me more and more with every passing game I watch. I also hope that Huet plays tonight. The team looks very confident in front of him - I wouldn't mess with that chemistry.

Habs 3 (Higgins, Kovalev, Zednik)
Isles 1 (Satan)

Go Habs Go
Not to be negative, but I didn't find we played very well last night...it's like I read in the paper today, it's hard to say if the Habs really played well or if it was the Caps who were that awful.

There was alot of good things last night though, we played physical and they were aggressive.

We're gonna need more of that tonight.

Old
03-21-2006, 01:26 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Still no updates on Rivet's condition?

Old
03-21-2006, 01:32 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
Not to be negative, but I didn't find we played very well last night...it's like I read in the paper today, it's hard to say if the Habs really played well or if it was the Caps who were that awful.
I thought we played well last night, but had trouble finishing alot of chances. This is a problem we have had for awhile now. We could of easily scored 7-8 goals last night. Alot of easy chances we either missed an open net, or shot it wide, or.....

Defensively I thought we played well, but that might of had something to do with the fact that Washington's offence didn't provide us with much to defend agianst. Really hard to say if it was a case of them having a weak offensive night or us having a good defensive night.

Old
03-21-2006, 02:05 PM
Firthbird
#Drivefor25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
No one said it's going to be easy but there's nothing wrong with us thinking the Habs should win this game.
It's going to be a case of who wants it more. Us or them.

I'm hoping it's us! lol

Old
03-21-2006, 02:08 PM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
I thought we played well last night, but had trouble finishing alot of chances. This is a problem we have had for awhile now. We could of easily scored 7-8 goals last night. Alot of easy chances we either missed an open net, or shot it wide, or.....

Defensively I thought we played well, but that might of had something to do with the fact that Washington's offence didn't provide us with much to defend agianst. Really hard to say if it was a case of them having a weak offensive night or us having a good defensive night.
I thought we played a fabulous first 15 minutes. It's the best I've seen us play in awhile. Then the rest of the game we were just average, but it was enough to beat the Caps. One guy that was on all night was Higgins, he was a man possessed.

Cap

Old
03-21-2006, 02:10 PM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL

There was alot of good things last night though, we played physical and they were aggressive.

We're gonna need more of that tonight.
I like the fact that we won, that's good enough for me

Cap

Old
03-21-2006, 02:34 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
GO HABS!

We need to string together some wins again, so tonight is important.

I'll say 5-2 Habs.

Koivu, Higgins, Souray, Plekanec, Kovalev.

Closed Thread