HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

koivu gets his cash like theodore and doesn't deliver either

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2006, 10:32 AM
bugs44

vCash: 500
koivu gets his cash like theodore and doesn't deliver either

well next year i'll hear the same old song as this year with theodore when koivu does nothing and nobody wants him because his value is worth nothing . I thought we wanted to get bigger and tougher with players like arnott who can score also or whoever is available but i guess why bother the fans fill the seats. When was the last time Koivu scored a frigin goal,the other teams 4th line score when he's on the ice, how insulting is that.

Old
03-22-2006, 10:38 AM
habfan4

As the Saku bashers so fondly point out when confronted with Koivu's performances against the Bruins, one player does not win or lose games. Don't let that fact prevent you from extrapolating Koivu's current slump into next season and making a Theodore comparison.

Old
03-22-2006, 10:49 AM
La Grosse Tendresse

You are right my friend.

But because he does not wear earrings, people around here will still love him, no matter how much he doesn't put effort, hooks constantly, doesn't backcheck anymore, doesn't score, doesn't pass, etc etc etc.

They will tell you: "OMG! What a pass on the power play by Koivu!!!!111!oneone". However, if it was Theo who would have a good game, it would be: "Let's trade him while he's getting hot! He will never regain his Veina and Hart trophy form!"

Well, too bad we can't say that Koivu will never regain his elite form, as he never has been an elite player, unlike Theo. Well, except for the Olympics, since the NHL is just a side job waiting for the next International tourney it seems in the mind of Koivu...

Old
03-22-2006, 10:50 AM
bugs44

why not make a comparison as your top line goes you go, I see it every year we'll find someone who's over paid and not performing and want his head.

Old
03-22-2006, 10:56 AM
bugs44

It's funny , we all have the same salary cap but we can't afford goal scorers.

Old
03-22-2006, 11:01 AM
habfan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugs44
It's funny , we all have the same salary cap but we can't afford goal scorers.

Goal scorers being available in such plentiful amounts and for such reasonable prices. It's a real shame we missed out on the likes of Allison, Palffy, Leclair or Murray in the summer or at the trade deadline.

Old
03-22-2006, 11:03 AM
habfan4

Quote:
why not make a comparison as your top line goes you go, I see it every year we'll find someone who's over paid and not performing and want his head.
Have you heard of the concept of balanced scoring? With Koivu and Kovalev split up, can it really be said that the Habs have a "top line". All four lines are currently struggling, why heap scorn only on the "top line".

Old
03-22-2006, 11:11 AM
Matrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4

Goal scorers being available in such plentiful amounts and for such reasonable prices. It's a real shame we missed out on the likes of Allison, Palffy, Leclair or Murray in the summer or at the trade deadline.
Since most teams overpaid to get good players, except Colorado of course.....Gainey did the right thing by not sending 1st rounds choices or prospects for 1 or 2 players that ''could help us give a tougher opposition. But you can't believe that we're one ''Leclair or Allison'' away of going in the 2nd round nor contenders.

It takes solid and consistant goaltending, 3 lines that could score with 2 great ones and a very good top 4 that does a good job defensively and could do a great first pass as well. You already know our goaltending, you know that we struggle offensively and that our of our d-men, there's only one who fits the profile and he's hurt now.

We're more than one player away from being a force to be reckon with so thanks for not sending our prospects and picks for rental players.

Old
03-22-2006, 11:14 AM
habfan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix
Since most teams overpaid to get good players, except Colorado of course.....Gainey did the right thing by not sending 1st rounds choices or prospects for 1 or 2 players that ''could help us give a tougher opposition. But you can't believe that we're one ''Leclair or Allison'' away of going in the 2nd round nor contenders.

It takes solid and consistant goaltending, 3 lines that could score with 2 great ones and a very good top 4 that does a good job defensively and could do a great first pass as well. You already know our goaltending, you know that we struggle offensively and that our of our d-men, there's only one who fits the profile and he's hurt now.

We're more than one player away from being a force to be reckon with so thanks for not sending our prospects and picks for rental players.
Matrix: You missed the sarcasm in my post.

Old
03-22-2006, 11:26 AM
habs_24x

Why isnt Koivu playing like he did in the olympics? i want that guy as my captain.

I just dont understand...He plays like a god for the Finnish team and looks totally awesome every single shift. He literally carried his team to the finals. He then comes back to his Canadiens and proceeds to suck badly.... i just dont get it. Please dont tell me its his linemates. If he puts out the effort he did during the olympics, the results would come.

the only answer i have is that he got hurt during the olympics and hasnt said a word about it. either that or we need a change as captain.

Old
03-22-2006, 11:28 AM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix

Actually, with this group of peripheral players, the Habs are light years from being a contender. So you'll have to wait longer than 2009 for them to be a force.

Old
03-22-2006, 11:31 AM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs_24x
Why isnt Koivu playing like he did in the olympics? i want that guy as my captain.

I just dont understand...He plays like a god for the Finnish team and looks totally awesome every single shift. He literally carried his team to the finals. He then comes back to his Canadiens and proceeds to suck badly.... i just dont get it. Please dont tell me its his linemates. If he puts out the effort he did during the olympics, the results would come.

the only answer i have is that he got hurt during the olympics and hasnt said a word about it. either that or we need a change as captain.
Saku NEVER was a force to reckon with, except against Boston in the playoffs. He was a farce against Carolina and Tampa. He had the Bruins' number.

The ice surface has done him in the NHL. He's excellent when given the ice to pick up speed (like you saw in the Olympics). But he's in ciment in the NHL because there's more pressure coming from the forwards and the defencemen. He can't pick up speed and can't control the puck as much.

The guy's got solid skills, and great determination. But his size is an handicap in the NHL.

Old
03-22-2006, 11:32 AM
frederixx

i have to agree with that...

the guy had 1..yes, ONE season above 60 pts in his whole career!! 1 single season and he's been with the team for over 10 years now.

some will say that he's been injured and went through alot of things in his career... true, but it doesn't and will never change the fact that he only had 1 season over 60 pts.

some will also say that he brings leadership. well the truth is the team never passed the second round with Saku in the lineup... worst, it fell apart against Carolina years ago, and everyone blamed it on the coach! he was the captain and let the boat sunk.

now is he really worth 5 million/year for 3 more years?

even Ribeiro and Ryder have a season with more than 60 pts already...

Old
03-22-2006, 11:44 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean
Saku NEVER was a force to reckon with, except against Boston in the playoffs. He was a farce against Carolina and Tampa. He had the Bruins' number.

The ice surface has done him in the NHL. He's excellent when given the ice to pick up speed (like you saw in the Olympics). But he's in ciment in the NHL because there's more pressure coming from the forwards and the defencemen. He can't pick up speed and can't control the puck as much.

The guy's got solid skills, and great determination. But his size is an handicap in the NHL.
blah blah blah

Old
03-22-2006, 11:45 AM
Matrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4
Matrix: You missed the sarcasm in my post.
Sorry...

But you know that some posters think that way though, so let's just say it was directed to them....

Old
03-22-2006, 11:51 AM
Matrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean
But by saying that, you acknowledge that we don't have enough of those types of players and agree that he's needed. And like I always say not as a catalyst or as a franchise players or even as a 1st line center but the day we will have Saks as our 2nd line center and 2nd PP line, you'll know that we will have then a great team!!!

Old
03-22-2006, 12:47 PM
Teufelsdreck

Please don't compare Koivu to Théodore if for no other reason than that Koivu has integrity while Théodore veers to the sordid side, not to mention that Koivu on his bad days doesn't stand out like Théodore's multiple gaffes that have made it impossible for the Habs to win.

Old
03-22-2006, 12:55 PM
GoHabsGO252006

Please, I have had enough of you people constantly bashing Koivu...Do you call yourself a Habs fan. If you don't like him deal with it, he will be here and captain of this team for 3 years. You want to say he's not performing fine....The constant bashing is ridiculous. If you watch hockey and particularly MOntreal games, you would realize that he has been playing much better for the past 3 games. YOu would also know that his job is not to score goals. Also you would realize that he can't do much setting up playing with at "goal scorer" like Ryder who hasn't been scoring.

IN addition, You would know that the entire team, not just Koivu has done nothing 5 on 5 since the 20 game mark of the season.

I'm fed up with this....get over it....encourage him, cheer on your team, the negative energy on here is ridiculous...I criticize players too, but if a player is clearly putting in effort and not getting results, that should be acknowledged...

He's here for the long haul and bleeds, bleu blanc et rouge, so give him a break, he will and is already coming around. If you want to **** on someone, **** on the team. Not everything bad that happens to the team or you is Saku's fault.

Old
03-22-2006, 01:01 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
when koivu does nothing and nobody wants him because his value is worth nothing .
The good news is we can't trade him so his value is irrelevant.

Old
03-22-2006, 01:06 PM
Nielson81

Send a message via ICQ to Nielson81
Ever single person in this thread who figures Koivu is our problem offensively, should really give there head a shake.

A) Koivu is great internationally because he has the extra space.
B) Selanne and Lehtinen are consitent performers.....everyone Koivu plays with on the Habs are hot and cold type players.
C)I would never ever question his leadership, that's ridiculous.

Old
03-22-2006, 01:10 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

FWIW, Koivu makes $3.4M this year. It's NEXT YEAR that you get to bash him for making the bigger bucks.

Old
03-22-2006, 01:11 PM
La Grosse Tendresse

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGO252006
Please, I have had enough of you people constantly bashing Koivu...Do you call yourself a Habs fan. If you don't like him deal with it, he will be here and captain of this team for 3 years. You want to say he's not performing fine....The constant bashing is ridiculous. If you watch hockey and particularly MOntreal games, you would realize that he has been playing much better for the past 3 games. YOu would also know that his job is not to score goals. Also you would realize that he can't do much setting up playing with at "goal scorer" like Ryder who hasn't been scoring.

IN addition, You would know that the entire team, not just Koivu has done nothing 5 on 5 since the 20 game mark of the season.

I'm fed up with this....get over it....encourage him, cheer on your team, the negative energy on here is ridiculous...I criticize players too, but if a player is clearly putting in effort and not getting results, that should be acknowledged...

He's here for the long haul and bleeds, bleu blanc et rouge, so give him a break, he will and is already coming around. If you want to **** on someone, **** on the team. Not everything bad that happens to the team or you is Saku's fault.
I'm not saying that idisagree with you. Problem is, eveyone here *****ing about Theo or Ribs is okay, yet Koivu is untouchable? I don't see you giving **** to those who blasted Theo or Ribs, don't I?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck
Please don't compare Koivu to Théodore if for no other reason than that Koivu has integrity while Théodore veers to the sordid side, not to mention that Koivu on his bad days doesn't stand out like Théodore's multiple gaffes that have made it impossible for the Habs to win.
Duh. One's a goalie, of course he'll stand out more in his bad days.

Old
03-22-2006, 01:11 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

The thing is, Saku doesn't even play with the best players in our line-up. The guy is excellent offensively, but he's in a slump right now. The only thing that really sucks is that Gainey still doesn't put him with Kovalev. BTW, Saku isn't the only guy with a 19 game slump...

Old
03-22-2006, 02:19 PM
rudethedude66

geeez..and i actually thought he has picked it up...but ******....Gainey!...do somethin with those f-ing lines plz!

Old
03-22-2006, 02:28 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player
The thing is, Saku doesn't even play with the best players in our line-up. The guy is excellent offensively, but he's in a slump right now. The only thing that really sucks is that Gainey still doesn't put him with Kovalev. BTW, Saku isn't the only guy with a 19 game slump...
Oh god Pednault is soooo annoying he keep saying this over and over , some people here got brainwashed and we can't blame them FYI Saku got as many goals as last season with 10less game played .

And what about Yvon who seems depressed everytime a shot miss the net or someone miss a pass , it's getting ****ing unreal and getting on my nerves . I wish there was an option we can only listen to the on ice sounds .

Closed Thread