HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

An Isles fan's perspective on the Habs

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2006, 04:49 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe
You have to take it for what it's worth but I after the Carolina game a player from the Canes commented that they had to play one of their fastest game to beat us.
So it's still always nice to hear.

That Parrish /Sopel trade looks more and more like a steal for you guys.

I hope it works out like a steal. But, I still think it was one of those deals that were made based on the needs of both teams. LA got what they want and the Isles got what they want.

Old
03-22-2006, 05:00 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Habs badly outplayed the Isles last night for nearly all the game, but of course, the Rick stood on his head.

I don't know how many of you caught the Rick's on-ice intervew after the game (the Isles interview the #1 star over the PA system). He commented more than once about how balanced and fast the Habs were.

I know things are tight in the East right now, but the Habs impressed the heck out of me last night. Without a red hot goaltender, it would not have even been close.
Looks like the Islanders haven't seen any good hockey in awhile, because I thought they were terrible. They couldn't complete a pass, move the puck out of their own end and were basically lazy and sloppy all over the ice. They played as individuals with no grit. Just awful.

But the Islanders were worse. That was not typical Islander hockey I saw last night. No grit whatsoever.

Old
03-22-2006, 06:05 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
Looks like the Islanders haven't seen any good hockey in awhile, because I thought they were terrible. They couldn't complete a pass, move the puck out of their own end and were basically lazy and sloppy all over the ice. They played as individuals with no grit. Just awful.

But the Islanders were worse. That was not typical Islander hockey I saw last night. No grit whatsoever.
You and I did not watch the same game.

Old
03-22-2006, 06:08 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
You and I did not watch the same game.
To be honest, I couldn't bring myself to watch the whole thing, so you could be right. The parts I watched tho, the Habs were just awful. I was so disgusted, I turned the channel.

Old
03-22-2006, 06:08 PM
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
yeah man what are you talking about, the Islanders were very sharp and collapsed the Habs incredibly. Denis Grebeshkov struggled for the Kings, perhaps he could put it together for you guys. But Tambellini was the definite steal, perhaps Taylor made a Milburry move by trading away 2 of his most promising prospects.

Old
03-22-2006, 06:19 PM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGuy
I think Bob Gainey said it best:

"Most of my evaluations of games at this point are results," Gainey said. "We don't have the luxury of being far enough ahead in the playoff race to be able to find positives when we don't win. The results overwhelm everything else."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=159564&hubname=nhl
So true. I cannot believe the mistake Souray made when he put his stick accross and deflected it past Huet.

Old
03-22-2006, 06:37 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_Zednik
yeah man what are you talking about, the Islanders were very sharp and collapsed the Habs incredibly. Denis Grebeshkov struggled for the Kings, perhaps he could put it together for you guys. But Tambellini was the definite steal, perhaps Taylor made a Milburry move by trading away 2 of his most promising prospects.
I just saw a poorly played hockey game by both teams...

Old
03-22-2006, 07:23 PM
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclusky
Islanders are gay
thats mature lol

Old
03-22-2006, 07:33 PM
Mackee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality
The problem with Montreal fans is that they are HABS fans, not hockey.

Whenever they lose, they flip.

Last nights game was not horrid, they just couldnt score. I dont know what people expect from a decent team. We are not champs.

Post of the thread!

Old
03-23-2006, 12:49 AM
Transported Upstater

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean
I have to disagree. The Habs did carry the play a lot. But most of the shots came from bad angle or far away, without any screening from the forwards.

The Habs are a perfect euro team: all in peripheral play, none in crashing the net.

Not necessarily untrue...whenever I think of the Habs, I think of generally well-skating teams that pay close attention to defense and have historically liked to create offense off of the counterattack, but I'm probably wrong.

Closed Thread