HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Pronger a diver???

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-22-2006, 07:57 PM
  #26
Hockey_Nut99
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by clay
That's a lie. If anyone in the league doesn't dive, it's probably the Sedins. Have you ever watched a Canucks game??? Do you see how much abuse they put up with and not go down. The thing is, Ruutu's style is diving, and that's what I love about him. He gets under everyone's skin, and that's a part of his act.
I think it's pathetic for someone to make a new thread about it, singling out one player. If I start a thread on Vancouvers diving, I'll get banned for making too many threads on different players.

I have NHL CI and I watch a TON of Canucks games. Those guys are tough in the corners and stuff, but they dive a lot. Every player has done it. I seen Carter dive against us. I have seen tons of them. It's a little different when you watch a team you are not a fan of. You notied Pronger and I noticed tons on your team. It's like that everywhere. Naslunds another one that does it here and there as well.

I forgot about the biggest culprit. Alex Auld dove everytime he got touched last night. I recall Stoll yelling at him to get up in the 3rd.


Last edited by Hockey_Nut99: 03-22-2006 at 08:04 PM.
 
Old
03-22-2006, 08:05 PM
  #27
HuMz
Registered User
 
HuMz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 2,444
vCash: 500
Lol what a pathetic thread....and yes pronger did dive last night, but to put him in the same catagory as Riberero and Ruutu is outragous......after watching every oiler game this year i can say last night was the first time ive ever heard actually said out load yeah that was a dive after pronger drawed a penatly.

This is just stereotyping him based on one game......it's just like me saying Calgary has the worst defence in the league just because of 9-4 loss against nashville.

HuMz is offline  
Old
03-22-2006, 08:08 PM
  #28
Towelie*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuMz
Lol what a pathetic thread....and yes pronger did dive last night, but to put him in the same catagory as Riberero and Ruutu is outragous......after watching every oiler game this year i can say last night was the first time ive ever heard actually said out load yeah that was a dive after pronger drawed a penatly.

This is just stereotyping him based on one game......it's just like me saying Calgary has the worst defence in the league just because of 9-4 loss against nashville.
Fair enough, but some has said that Pronger has dived throughout the year. You know whats funnier then then the Sedin "sisters" is the fact they COMPLETELY EMBARASSED the entire Edmonton defence. I found it funny watching Pronger chase them around as they passed it around him - kind of like "piggy in the middle" really.

Towelie* is offline  
Old
03-22-2006, 08:10 PM
  #29
The Pens Are Back*
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,068
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrbez
When, oh, when will people realize that every player embellishes?

If you're legitimately getting hooked or tripped, why not go down and make sure the ref sees it?

On 99% of the "dives" people complain about here, the player was being fouled by new NHL standards anyways

that would be too simple.

its much cooler calling someone a "diver"

The Pens Are Back* is offline  
Old
03-22-2006, 08:11 PM
  #30
Hockey_Nut99
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfortably Numb
Fair enough, but some has said that Pronger has dived throughout the year. You know whats funnier then then the Sedin "sisters" is the fact they COMPLETELY EMBARASSED the entire Edmonton defence. I found it funny watching Pronger chase them around as they passed it around him - kind of like "piggy in the middle" really.
Yeah they sure did embarass him. Funny thing though. They couldn't score a goal with him on the ice, unless you count that brilliant empty netter the Sedin tried getting so badly.


Last edited by LaVal: 03-22-2006 at 11:38 PM. Reason: No need for insults.
 
Old
03-22-2006, 08:14 PM
  #31
clay
Registered User
 
clay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey_Nut99
I think it's pathetic for someone to make a new thread about it, singling out one player. If I start a thread on Vancouvers diving, I'll get banned for making too many threads on different players.

I have NHL CI and I watch a TON of Canucks games. Those guys are tough in the corners and stuff, but they dive a lot. Every player has done it. I seen Carter dive against us. I have seen tons of them. It's a little different when you watch a team you are not a fan of. You notied Pronger and I noticed tons on your team. It's like that everywhere. Naslunds another one that does it here and there as well.

I forgot about the biggest culprit. Alex Auld dove everytime he got touched last night. I recall Stoll yelling at him to get up in the 3rd.
I'm not just complaining about the fact that Pronger dove. It was the fact that he did it with such little subtlety...the fact that he covered his head for 10 seconds and yelped so loud the centre ice camera could here it.

clay is offline  
Old
03-22-2006, 08:17 PM
  #32
Hockey_Nut99
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
I'm getting to into this. Basically, I have no idea why a new thread is started on it. That's all. You could have just asked in the Edmonton forum, but you are free to do or say what you want.

We don't talk to Pronger personally, so I cannot tell you why he covered his head. Maybe you can email the Edmonton Oilers...

 
Old
03-22-2006, 08:18 PM
  #33
HuMz
Registered User
 
HuMz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 2,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfortably Numb
Fair enough, but some has said that Pronger has dived throughout the year. You know whats funnier then then the Sedin "sisters" is the fact they COMPLETELY EMBARASSED the entire Edmonton defence. I found it funny watching Pronger chase them around as they passed it around him - kind of like "piggy in the middle" really.
Your right it was embarresing game for us in general we played like **** and didn't deserve to win...........

But what's more embaressing having one bad game if we can learn from it, or the fact Vancouver has been COMPLETELY EMBARASSED by edmonton all year with a 1-5 record?

HuMz is offline  
Old
03-22-2006, 08:28 PM
  #34
Mielke83
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Jamaica
Posts: 631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey_Nut99
I forgot about the biggest culprit. Alex Auld dove everytime he got touched last night. I recall Stoll yelling at him to get up in the 3rd.
That was classic watching Stoll yell at him like that

Mielke83 is offline  
Old
03-22-2006, 08:38 PM
  #35
Towelie*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mielke83
That was classic watching Stoll yell at him like that
I agree, Auld does dive. However, if you can find a goalie that doesn't dive when getting bumped I'd like to meet him.

Towelie* is offline  
Old
03-22-2006, 08:57 PM
  #36
Finkle is Einhorn
Registered User
 
Finkle is Einhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 11,747
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuMz
Your right it was embarresing game for us in general we played like **** and didn't deserve to win...........

But what's more embaressing having one bad game if we can learn from it, or the fact Vancouver has been COMPLETELY EMBARASSED by edmonton all year with a 1-5 record?
I love to nitpick....it's a 1-3-2 record.

Finkle is Einhorn is offline  
Old
03-22-2006, 09:00 PM
  #37
west in the east
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Vancouver
Country: Ireland
Posts: 3,507
vCash: 500
This is pritty funny. I dont know how one can say one team has the biggest divers.... the fact of the matter is its taking away from the game IMHO. I really hope it doesnt turn into Rivaldo in the world cup.... get it out of the game

west in the east is offline  
Old
03-22-2006, 09:04 PM
  #38
gr8haluschak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,199
vCash: 500
I also love how Vancouver fans have such a selective memory, What about game 7 when the Blues were playing them and Drake hit Ruutu from behind, you would haev thought he was dead but after he turns to see the ref he is, for a lack of better term, ressurected from the dead. Or what about when Naslund score his 4 goals in Edmonton about 3 years ago, I mean the way he went down in OT to make it a 5 - 3 PP against the Oil you would have thought there were snipers at Skyreach. Or how about the job Skudra did later on that year in Vancouver when it was him who went out and played the puck and he and one of the Oilers collided, you would have thought it was a Mack Truck that hit him the way he was down, but yet he jumps right up to skate to the bench to get the extra attacker. But yeah your team doesn't dive.

gr8haluschak is offline  
Old
03-22-2006, 09:20 PM
  #39
Fripp
Registered User
 
Fripp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Portland, OR
Country: United States
Posts: 1,862
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrbez
If you're legitimately getting hooked or tripped, why not go down and make sure the ref sees it?
Pride and dignity?

Fripp is offline  
Old
03-22-2006, 09:20 PM
  #40
thenextone
Registered User
 
thenextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 4,008
vCash: 500
I dont know how this thread got outta control.

Pronger performed two WORLD CLASS dives last game. Thats what the thread should be about. I dont think Pronger has a reputation at all, i think what was so shocking was that most people figured he didn't do that sort of thing, coupled with the fact that they were so blatant on his part.

I actually am finding it very hard to blame Pronger (or even guys like him)...the referees should be to blame for falling for this crap

I'd almost settle for a "upstairs overruling" on penalties whereby if an official calls a penalty and its obviously a dive, it can be overruled, with the only consequence being the play was blown dead and there is a faceoff in the zone appropriate for the infraction (ie. outside the zone if its an offensive dive, or inside the zone if its a defensive dive)

thenextone is online now  
Old
03-22-2006, 09:53 PM
  #41
The Bob Cole
Ohhhh Baby.
 
The Bob Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Centre Ice
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8haluschak
I also love how Vancouver fans have such a selective memory, What about game 7 when the Blues were playing them and Drake hit Ruutu from behind, you would haev thought he was dead but after he turns to see the ref he is, for a lack of better term, ressurected from the dead. Or what about when Naslund score his 4 goals in Edmonton about 3 years ago, I mean the way he went down in OT to make it a 5 - 3 PP against the Oil you would have thought there were snipers at Skyreach. Or how about the job Skudra did later on that year in Vancouver when it was him who went out and played the puck and he and one of the Oilers collided, you would have thought it was a Mack Truck that hit him the way he was down, but yet he jumps right up to skate to the bench to get the extra attacker. But yeah your team doesn't dive.
Who has said we haven't? Every team is equally as guilty in the diving game, Pronger was a clear case last night, that is what this thread is about, not a personal attack on the Oil, so your bashing of the Canucks is unwarranted.

The Bob Cole is offline  
Old
03-22-2006, 09:56 PM
  #42
Avery4Byng*
 
Avery4Byng*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Ktown
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,750
vCash: 500
I am not going to read through this thread as it seems to have gone awol. HOWEVER I did see both of Pronger's dives and I have to wonder if he thought he was in Austrailia competing in the Commonwealth Games cuz those were both 10/10 worthy.

Avery4Byng* is offline  
Old
03-22-2006, 10:04 PM
  #43
Towelie*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey_Nut99
Yeah, I couldn't refute your point. You decide to start talking about how the Sedins Embarassed Pronger and changed the topic. I like your "grown Up" comments about Pronger without watching him all year.

"It was pretty funnny when Pronger grabbed his head after being bumped lightly on the shoulder. What a ****ing ***** Pronger is. Diver."
Do you remember why I posted the Sedins comment? It was because you posted that they were sisters, which is off topic. Again, your lack of intelligence leads to more hypocrisy. I don't know why you are saying "grown up". It makes little sense in your argument, considering how you were the one attacking my identity initially.

How is my quote not mature? I stated what happened? Do you recollect it happening differently? I can't understand why stating an accurate description of an event (until proven otherwise) makes someone immature.

You bring shame to the Oiler nation.

Towelie* is offline  
Old
03-22-2006, 10:25 PM
  #44
SillyRabbit
Trix Are For Kids
 
SillyRabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8haluschak
I also love how Vancouver fans have such a selective memory, What about game 7 when the Blues were playing them and Drake hit Ruutu from behind, you would haev thought he was dead but after he turns to see the ref he is, for a lack of better term, ressurected from the dead. Or what about when Naslund score his 4 goals in Edmonton about 3 years ago, I mean the way he went down in OT to make it a 5 - 3 PP against the Oil you would have thought there were snipers at Skyreach. Or how about the job Skudra did later on that year in Vancouver when it was him who went out and played the puck and he and one of the Oilers collided, you would have thought it was a Mack Truck that hit him the way he was down, but yet he jumps right up to skate to the bench to get the extra attacker. But yeah your team doesn't dive.
I've read this thread through and I haven't seen one Vancouver fan make the argument that their team doesn't dive?

SillyRabbit is offline  
Old
03-22-2006, 10:27 PM
  #45
arrbez
bad chi
 
arrbez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,668
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to arrbez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fripp
Pride and dignity?
Overrated. This is hockey, not a Russel Crow movie.

arrbez is offline  
Old
03-22-2006, 10:27 PM
  #46
Avery4Byng*
 
Avery4Byng*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Ktown
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrbez
Overrated. This is hockey, not a Russel Crow movie.

Avery4Byng* is offline  
Old
03-22-2006, 10:36 PM
  #47
Oilerfan120582
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextone

I actually am finding it very hard to blame Pronger (or even guys like him)...the referees should be to blame for falling for this crap
Exactly. The refs in that game were quite poor and made numerous phantom calls. It appeared to me that Pronger was almost mocking the refs by taking a blatantly obvious dive, and the morons fell for it too! As Pronger skated back to the bench after drawing the penalty against Linden he was shaking his head with a look of disbelief on his face as if to say, "Man, these idiots will just call a penalty anytime someone falls down". If the refs are stupid enough to not recognize a dive while everybody in the building and all those watching at home do, then I don't blame the players for exploiting that fact to draw penalties.

Oilerfan120582 is offline  
Old
03-22-2006, 10:57 PM
  #48
clay
Registered User
 
clay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilerfan120582
Exactly. The refs in that game were quite poor and made numerous phantom calls. It appeared to me that Pronger was almost mocking the refs by taking a blatantly obvious dive, and the morons fell for it too! As Pronger skated back to the bench after drawing the penalty against Linden he was shaking his head with a look of disbelief on his face as if to say, "Man, these idiots will just call a penalty anytime someone falls down". If the refs are stupid enough to not recognize a dive while everybody in the building and all those watching at home do, then I don't blame the players for exploiting that fact to draw penalties.
Ya, it could have just been the dumb refs.

clay is offline  
Old
03-22-2006, 11:00 PM
  #49
clay
Registered User
 
clay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyRabbit
I've read this thread through and I haven't seen one Vancouver fan make the argument that their team doesn't dive?
The fact of the matter is that there is one guy on our team that does take dives. I do not buy Cooke, Morisson, or the Sedins taking dives. The Sedins and Morrison, especially, play with a lot of class, and wouldn't do that. I haven't seen Cooke dive either, and the fact of the matter is, he doesn't do it. It's not his style. However, Ruutu, on the other hand is his style. But that's the style we like. He's dirty, chippy, agitating, and will do ANYTHING to draw penalties and agrivate the opposition.

clay is offline  
Old
03-22-2006, 11:22 PM
  #50
SopelFan*
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Richard Park
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,422
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SopelFan*
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuzzi
sisters is getting very old...
That guy is so immature it actually hurts to read his posts.

SopelFan* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.