Notices

Another 2-0 Come From Behind Win vs. Toronto

Closed Thread

Old
10-27-2003, 06:43 PM
Heater15

vCash: 500
Another 2-0 Come From Behind Win vs. Toronto

I liked a lot of things in this game tonight. Only a few things I didnt like was the first goal Toronto scored, and that was poor d-zone coverage. On the first goal (I think it was Tamer) should have listened to his coach in Atoms because they teach you to stand off the back post when you are patrolling in front of the net. Had he been there he would have saw that old fart Roberts sneaking in. I guess on the 2nd goal it was pretty much a lucky bounce. The powerplay wasnt effective but I noticed how much extra attention Kovalchuk got tonight. There were a few times Savard should have taken the shot, Kaberle as well, instead of passing it back to Kovy (who was pretty much covered) Other than that i liked how they created chances early on. Exelby played one of his better games and got a brutal call against him. I loved the hit on Tucker!

You guys have any thoughts on tonights game?

I just wish McEachern woulda sniped that EN...you don't know how much of a relief getting that first one is. After that it seems like they come a lot easier.

Old
10-27-2003, 07:13 PM
Voynich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heater15
I just wish McEachern woulda sniped that EN...you don't know how much of a relief getting that first one is. After that it seems like they come a lot easier.
I keep thinking the same thing about Santala.

Old
10-27-2003, 07:52 PM
SwisshockeyAcademy

All the credit in the world to this team, you guys came in and beat us trailing by 2 in the third. many NHL teams pack it in then but not Atlanta. I'm not a fan of Bob hartley the man , i think he is kind of an ass but he was the first guy i wanted hired when he became available. Unfortunately we still had Quinn and he was not going to fire himself. He has nice structure and feel for the bench. he is cocky , arrogant and the players will want to kill him in three years time. Until then they will enjoy alot of success. I see a nice playoff run for this team in two years. Congrats on tonite's win. Savard is becoming a top 15 scorer before our eyes and Kovalchuk may lead the league someday. Great potential.

Old
10-27-2003, 08:53 PM
tigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwisshockeyAcademy
Savard is becoming a top 15 scorer before our eyes and Kovalchuk may lead the league someday. Great potential.
Someday has already arrived, in case you missed it.

Old
10-27-2003, 09:05 PM
SwisshockeyAcademy

You believe he will win the scoring title this year? I think that is a stretch, this team will probably go thru some rough stretches but he will be around the top 6-10.

Old
10-28-2003, 04:01 AM
Atlanta Jim

Toronto Game

We just plain old out-worked them when they thought the game was over. I was impressed with Exelby tonight and Aubin sure got the Leafs attention. It was fun reading the Toronto board. They were expexting a 6-1 romp. They rushed quite a few people at Kovy but he still nearly lit the lamp a couple of times.

Closed Thread