HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Emelin is in trouble

Closed Thread

Old
03-23-2006, 12:46 PM
Andrei Kastsitsyn*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
It was an accident, it's hockey **** happens. If you got hit in the head by a puck, you'd hit someone who was appologizing? You'd be an idiot.
So be it.

Old
03-23-2006, 12:46 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix
So now Emelin punched the guy in the jaw?????

Stick to the neck, punch in the jaw, what are the real facts....
That's what I'm wondering...there is a big difference.

Old
03-23-2006, 12:47 PM
Hab at it

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianProspects
Some additional detail regarding the incident:

http://www.russianprospects.com/publ...ex.php?id=2671
Your report said it was a punch to Varlamov not a stick swinging attack, while I hope for the quick recovery to Varlamov and don't condone this type of behavior from Emelin or anyone else under any circumstances I would feel better knowing it was a punch and not a stick swinging incident.

Old
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
That's what I'm wondering...there is a big difference.
Still both are extremely inecsuable.

Old
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuuuuu

"Immediately Varlamov approached Emelin in order to apologize for that when Emelin took a swing at Varlamov and hit him with his stick right in the neck. Varlamov fell on the ice and was carried away motionless."
http://www.russianprospects.com/publ...ex.php?id=2671

Quote:
Varlamov appeared to skate to the laying down Emelin, but the young defenseman, still extremely agitated from the incident, punched the kneeling Varlamov in the jaw, knocking out the 30 year old defenseman
soo...

Old
Andrei Kastsitsyn*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
Hit a guy defenseless guy in the neck with my stick? No, I wouldn't.
At 16:48 of the first period, Emelin was hit in the helmet with the puck by Metallurg’s defenseman and captain Evgeny Varlamov in what appeared to be an accident. Varlamov appeared to skate to the laying down Emelin, but the young defenseman, still extremely agitated from the incident, punched the kneeling Varlamov in the jaw, knocking out the 30 year old defenseman, who fell limp to the ice. Fortunately the defenseman did not hit his head on the ice. Varlamov lay on the ice for several minutes before being removed on a stretcher. Emelin received a match misconduct penalty for the incident. Varlamov is now in a hospital with what according to the doctors appeared to be “dislocated vertebrae”. He also likely suffered a concussion. It is unclear what the Super League governing body’s action is going to be against Emelin in this case, but he will likely be suspended for the rest of the playoffs and potentially part of next season.

Old
03-23-2006, 12:48 PM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kastsitsyn
Oh please guys, don't act like you wouldn't have done the same thing Emelin did.. I know I would have.
You're insane and I hope you dont get an important part in society.

Old
03-23-2006, 12:48 PM
Natural Habs Fan

A punch wouldn't be as bad as a shot to the neck with a stick. I'd like to get more info and maybe see a video before I pass judgement.

Old
03-23-2006, 12:49 PM
_habsfan9

cant believe this

i wanna see a clip

Old
Andrei Kastsitsyn*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
Still both are extremely inecsuable.
No.

You guys dont even have NO idea what went on.

Varlamov could have came beside him and been like, "Did that hurt? GOOD" or something, you don't know he was apologizing.

And it must have been a HARD shot that went him with the puck to the head if it made him fall on the ice.

Old
Turbo

Stupid stupid stupid...

Old
03-23-2006, 12:50 PM
x-bob

Well if it's a stick in the neck then it is much worse then a punch in the jaw. Still, both are disgusting! This can be compared to the Bertuzzi incident (yes that incident again) but the only diffenrence is that this one seems to be on the spur of the moment. I don't want to start a debate about this but to say that this is much worse then the B incident is an overstatement.

Old
03-23-2006, 12:50 PM
Count of DannyKristo

Quote:
Oh please guys, don't act like you wouldn't have done the same thing Emelin did.. I know I would have.
Then you need to get some class.

Old
03-23-2006, 12:51 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
No one really seems to know exactly what happened yet and with conflicting reports it's tough to make sense of this.

Old
pepperMonkey

Quote:
Punched him? Maybe. Try to chop off his head with my stick? Well, that's a totally different story (and no. Never).

Old
Andrei Kastsitsyn*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadfast
Then you need to get some class.
Class? I'm already in 3 classes bro.

But seriously..
Class is overrated, we're all gonna die anyway. Quit being so nice fancypants.

Old
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Regardless of the details, clearly it was an irresponsible move on Emelin's part, and he should be reprimanded for it.

Now taking a step back from that, I think it's very difficult to fully judge the incident without any of us having seen a clip of it to know what really happened.

Additionally, assuming Varlamov recovers fully and quickly, it could increase the chances that Emelin would agree to come over to North America this Summer.

Anyway, we need to find a way to get Alexi to control himself.

Old
03-23-2006, 12:52 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
No.

Varlamov could have came beside him and been like, "Did that hurt? GOOD" or something, you don't know he was apologizing.

And it must have been a HARD shot that went him with the puck to the head if it made him fall on the ice.
you also have no idea what was going on, though.

The article said Varlamov was the captain, no? Seems to me the captain of a team wouldn't be such a dick to someone when he accidentally hurt someone...

Old
Hab at it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuuuuu

"Immediately Varlamov approached Emelin in order to apologize for that when Emelin took a swing at Varlamov and hit him with his stick right in the neck. Varlamov fell on the ice and was carried away motionless."
There's another report that states:

"Varlamov appeared to skate to the laying down Emelin, but the young defenseman, still extremely agitated from the incident, punched the kneeling Varlamov in the jaw"

Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions until you know the real facts.

Old
Guriken

Quote:
Someone shoots the puck and it comes to your face, I'm not sure many people would react like Yemelin did. Maybe he thought it was intentional but it's just a stupid bum move that may end a players carreer.

Old
03-23-2006, 12:54 PM
mcphee

Quote:
No.

No we don't know what happened. Hence your post of what you would have done is the heighth of ignorance. If someone is seriously injured while playing a game, the first hope is for a full recovery. As to what did or didn't happen, it's a different matter.

Old
Andrei Kastsitsyn*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guriken
Someone shoots the puck and it comes to your face, I'm not sure many people would react like Yemelin did. Maybe he thought it was intentional but it's just a stupid bum move that may end a players carreer.
Yeah but maybe it was a hard shot that hit Emelin and he got really hurt from it and pissed off. Maybe he hasn't got laid in awhile. Maybe he has personal problems and everything at that moment just bottled up and he had to let some steam off. Who knows.

I forgive him though.

Old
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab at it
There's another report that states:

"Varlamov appeared to skate to the laying down Emelin, but the young defenseman, still extremely agitated from the incident, punched the kneeling Varlamov in the jaw"

Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions until you know the real facts.
I haven't jumped to any conclusions. All I did was quote the only report I had seen at the time of my post. I posted before that we can't make any judgments on this without having seen a clip at least, so really discussion is pointless at this time.

Old
03-23-2006, 12:55 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
No.

It wouldn't have to be a hard shot to get you to fall to the ice if it hit you in the head, you should know that. Also, I doubt that Varlamov would've kneeled down to provoke Emeilin, cuz obviously he knew he'd retaliate. You're making very stupid assumptions.

Old
03-23-2006, 12:56 PM
Habs13

So what is it? A violent stick swinging or a retaliation punch in the mouth? There's a huge differance between the two acts - one is awful and wrong and the other is just hockey (as much as some people dislike the rougher side of the game) Has nobody seen a player punch another player in an NHL game?

I hope it wasn't a stick, for the sake of Varlamov, Emelin and us Habs fans.

Closed Thread