HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Emelin is in trouble

Closed Thread

Old
03-23-2006, 02:49 PM
High flyin' Habs*

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to High flyin' Habs* Send a message via MSN to High flyin' Habs*
I wanna see! I wanna see!

Old
03-23-2006, 02:50 PM
octopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
If people can say this about Emelin why can't they say this about Bertuzzi, I don't get it. Both were obviously attempting to injure, however not to that point.
Unlike Bertuzzi, however, Emelin didn't brood on his actions for weeks beforehand. Sounds like a stupid retaliation on the spur of the moment that ended more unfortunatly than usual.Still, big suspension should be forthcoming....it said Varlamov is still unconscious. Could die, be paralyzed, or hopefully, completly recover. This kind of thing is what made me glad Malkin got that suspension for kivking. Same kind of deal, better ending in that case. Hopefully learned his lesson and will think before losing his temper next time.

Old
03-23-2006, 02:59 PM
All-Star

So... from a laying down position, Emelin managed to put enough power in his punch to knock a guy out? Wow

oh.. and best of luck to the injured guy and his family...

Old
03-23-2006, 03:11 PM
tmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Star
So... from a laying down position, Emelin managed to put enough power in his punch to knock a guy out? Wow

oh.. and best of luck to the injured guy and his family...
I'm guessing he was on his knees don't see how he could of caused so much damage laying down

Old
03-23-2006, 03:19 PM
The CUBE

Quote:
If people can say this about Emelin why can't they say this about Bertuzzi, I don't get it. Both were obviously attempting to injure, however not to that point.
I know I will probably get flamed for this....

I've been playing hockey for the past 17 years now. So I know a little about the game and just how things happen on the ice.

The Burtuzzi incident, would of never happened if Moore would have simply stepped up and face up to his actions (the hit on Naslund) and just fight Burtuzzi instead of trying to avoid.

I'm not saying it was ok to do what he did but I still think What he did was blown out of proportion just because he got hurt. If he would have been ok people would have said Moore got what he deserved.

Now for the Emilin incident, the guy punched him and it was face to face not from behind, Emlin was frustrated and punched his opponent, this happenss in almost every hockey game I have watched and played, and it just so happened this Varlamov got hurt. And this situation can't even be compared to the Burtuzzi incident.

Old
03-23-2006, 03:22 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledemers

I've been playing hockey for the past 17 years now. So I know a little about the game and just how things happen on the ice.

The Burtuzzi incident, would of never happened if Moore would have simply stepped up and face up to his actions (the hit on Naslund) and just fight Burtuzzi instead of trying to avoid.

I'm not saying it was ok to do what he did but I still think What he did was blown out of proportion just because he got hurt. If he would have been ok people would have said Moore got what he deserved.
I agree with this, and I know I will get flamed for this but I believe that Moore is more of a coward than Bertuzzi.

Old
03-23-2006, 03:33 PM
Siberian

This was not a punch, it was more of a cross-check. Emelin hit Varlamov with a stick but it was not a swinging motion.

Old
03-23-2006, 03:40 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

well, we DO have a Kasparaitis in our depht chart...

I can't wait to have more information about the incident. Right now, we only know that he punched him...we don't know the whole story yet.

I'm really happy that he didn't used his stick...that would have been so bad! But anyways, that was a dumb move by Emelin. Bad judgment from his part.

I can undersatand that it was in the heat of the action but he could just have pushed him or something like that to show that he wasn't happy...

Oh, well, we have to wait for the video and the whole story to really judge the impact of that incident.

Old
03-23-2006, 03:41 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian
This was not a punch, it was more of a cross-check. Emelin hit Varlamov with a stick but it was not a swinging motion.
Link?

Old
03-23-2006, 03:41 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Did you see it?

Old
03-23-2006, 03:50 PM
The CUBE

Quote:

Did you see the video? If not I don't know how you can actually say that....

Old
03-23-2006, 03:53 PM
Siberian

No, this is what I was told by a friend who saw the video. I will see it in a couple of hours.

Old
03-23-2006, 03:54 PM
Slick Nick

wow.... this thread scared me.

Evgenii (RP); what kind of suspention could he get? any speculation yet?

Old
03-23-2006, 03:54 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
No, this is what I was told by a friend who saw the video. I will see it in a couple of hours.
post it asap, please.

Old
03-23-2006, 04:05 PM
Le Maroons

the first link was updated:
Quote:
After the whistle was blown Varlamov shot the puck and hit Emelin who was laying on the ice. Varlamov started approaching Emelin seemingly wanting to apologize when Emelin punched Varlamov in the face with the end of his stick shaft.
http://www.rushockey.com/events.php?...sl_news&id=480

Old
03-23-2006, 04:05 PM
Habs

10:1 there is a history here we don't know about. If I felt someone shot a puck at my head on purpose, I'd beat him over the head with my stick as well.

Old
03-23-2006, 04:31 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Emelin sure seems to have trouble keeping his emotions in check. Every time I've seen him play in International hockey while his team was losing you could see he was letting frustration get the best of him, taking undisciplined penalities and taking cheap shots at opponents on occasions.

He's promising, yes, but I would hate to have a dirty out of control player on this team, so I hope for his and our sake this is addressed either by him or his entourage.

All that being said, regardless of what happened, here's hoping Varlamov is ok and gets back on his feet quickly.

Old
03-23-2006, 04:32 PM
Trexim

vCash: 694
Quote:

Now for the Emilin incident, the guy punched him and it was face to face not from behind, Emlin was frustrated and punched his opponent, this happenss in almost every hockey game I have watched and played, and it just so happened this Varlamov got hurt. And this situation can't even be compared to the Burtuzzi incident.
Didn't Moore fight someone (May???) at the beginning of that game already??????? Does he have to fight the whole team until he is knocked out, senselessly???

Old
03-23-2006, 04:35 PM
The n00b King ©*

if you guys read the first article posted, there's an update on it...

says that the dude regained consciousness, does not have anything broken just a severe concussion.

so looks like he'll be awright after all...

Old
03-23-2006, 04:38 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexim
Didn't Moore fight someone (May???) at the beginning of that game already??????? Does he have to fight the whole team until he is knocked out, senselessly???
No I think that was the game where he injured Naslund, I may be wrong but I don't remember him fighting anyone the day of the injury, which is why Bertuzzi chased him so long I suppose.

Old
03-23-2006, 04:39 PM
The CUBE

Quote:

If I'm not mistaken, he turned down every fight thast was offered at him. And for the cheap hit he took on Naslund and the concussion he gave him, I would say yes he would have to probably fight more than 1 person on the team to make up for it.

Old
03-23-2006, 04:40 PM
The CUBE

Quote:
I don't remember him fighting anyone the day of the injury, which is why Bertuzzi chased him so long I suppose.
You are absolutely right...

Old
03-23-2006, 04:49 PM
Trexim

vCash: 694
Quote:
You are absolutely right...
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/indepth/bertuzzi/timeline/

6:36 – Vancouver's Matt Cooke fights Colorado's Steve Moore.

Old
03-23-2006, 04:51 PM
Mackee

A cheap shot is a cheap shot is a cheap shot.

Prayers to Varlamov for a speedy recovery.

Emelin better get it together mentally. Fast.

Old
03-23-2006, 04:54 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/indepth/bertuzzi/timeline/

6:36 – Vancouver's Matt Cooke fights Colorado's Steve Moore.
I guess he was only willing to fight people who he knew he had a chance against...Still a coward to me.

Closed Thread